Fish breed in the aquarium

chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
If you have two of the same fish in a aquarium with empty space they breed over time adding that kind of fish. That way we can breed peepers and airsacks. maybe 1-2 fish every 24hr in game time because it is a alien planet, who knows how fast they reproduce.

Comments

• LeftyLikeLeftyLike Norway Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203638Members
    It would be great if you could breed fish, but I would prefer that it was in a unique module, instead of the aquarium. :)

Perhaps you could modify the fish in the module somehow. Mess with their genetics.
    • Make them breed faster.
    • Make them bigger and more nutritious.
  • chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
    edited August 2015
    I was thinking it would be easier to have a it implemented in the game instead of the devs having to make a hole new thing. But a dedicated room/module would be nice to have a more reliable source of food. Maybe the aquarium could be the early game version that takes no power but is really slow to pro douse and cant holed much.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    Considering we are part of a human civilization that has the tech and knowledge needed to travel across the galaxy and laser print pretty good size objects. I think it's safe to say we can figure out the whole idea of having two fish make more fish or even just say screw it and clone the fishes.
  • LeuenteichLeuenteich Germany Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207258Members
    how about crossbreeding peepers with oculus ?
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Maybe they automatically reproduce at a reduced rate in the aquarium, but you can have a separate module for rapid breeding. Kinda moving into the realm of the "farming" idea that a lot of people have and/or support.