275 Webadmin saving mapcycle incorrectly

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
edited August 2015 in Server Discussion
Ever cince 275 I've been having these server hangups on map change.

I thought it was the mod backup server, or lack of. But now that siege has two backup servers, I found that's not the cause.

Basically what I've found that whatever update to NS2 Webadmin there was, changing around the mapcycle breaks the actual mapcycle file.

basically, IT fucks up a single map on the active map cycle. There's always one map that it fucks up. It doesn't save that single map entry correctly. It butchers it. Sorry I dont have an example of a save as I just fixed mine, but I can confirm this happened to me on multiple occasions and now that I know it's the mapcycle on webadmin causing it..

I dont know how it chooses the map it messes up, but basically it saves one map without the modid, and without the "map" entrant, and just listing the mapname with quotations, and it just messes it up and saves one of the maps with incorrect format.

EDIT: I found a version of the mapcycle before I fixed it, here's an example of the save gone bad. If you can't tell, ns_herosiege_remade saved incorrectly.
{
    },{
      "mods":["1cbf3263"],
      "map":"ns2_chopsiege"
    },"ns_herosiege_remade",{
      "mods":["1b487a78"],
      "map":"ns_bestofsiege"
    },{
      "mods":["1713ad7c"],
      "map":"ns2_siege007"
    },{
}

Here's an example of the above in working format
    },{
      "mods":["1cbf3263"],
      "map":"ns2_chopsiege"
    },{
      "mods":["1cce6296"],
      "map":"ns_herosiege_remade"
    },{
      "mods":["1b487a78"],
      "map":"ns_bestofsiege"
    },{
      "mods":["1713ad7c"],
      "map":"ns2_siege007"
    },

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The current web admin is basically this mod of devicenull: https://github.com/devicenull/ns2web

After it got merged into vanilla it wasn't really maintained so most of it's features are not fully functional anymore. Also the web admin never supported "per map mods" and tends to screw up when they get used, which is commonly known.

Overall i suggest to avoid using the web admin if possible.

• KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    Banning of siege
    Banning of siege maps
    Breaking of mapcycles
    Crashings on listenservers

Like words of poetry the above is