New big monster creature idea.

demianddemiand Chile Join Date: 2015-08-11 Member: 207033Members
I think one of my main fears, is one of everyone fears who play this game... big open sea areas, but really dark also, i meant, is very terrifying to ear and not see the creature (like leviathan), but is more when you encounter the creature face to face without warning in very dark places... this lead me to think in a very large monster (my profile picture as reference) with a really big mouth, hiding in one of the large caves deep under water... but it has to be really dark, till you found it face to face, and no monster sounds till the encounter, and because of his big mouth, maybe a loud bass sound should be appropriate.

Ok, it doesn't have to be like that, but the main idea is to put a really big quiet monster in the dark.

What do you think?.

Greetings from Chile. Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Had an idea kind of like this.

It would guard the edges of the map, or the Void.

Would be a colossal worm that sucks in the player from below, either killing them, or if they have both a knife and a Stasis Rifle in their inventory, they can fight for their lives from the inside of the creature, by warding off swarms of Bleeders, until you get to the beast's heart, where you can shoot it with a Stasis Rifle to stop it's heart and have it cough you up back towards the middle of the map.

• demianddemiand Chile Join Date: 2015-08-11 Member: 207033Members
    Had an idea kind of like this.

It would guard the edges of the map, or the Void.

Would be a colossal worm that sucks in the player from below, either killing them, or if they have both a knife and a Stasis Rifle in their inventory, they can fight for their lives from the inside of the creature, by warding off swarms of Bleeders, until you get to the beast's heart, where you can shoot it with a Stasis Rifle to stop it's heart and have it cough you up back towards the middle of the map.

i think you cross the line Lmao, but i had the same idea about a beast at the "edge" of the map, because beyond that, there is nothing more, but putting a creature that kills you put you the limit..
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    It wouldn't getcha until you swim way further out.

I just want a giant monster that I can clean out it's parasites and give it heart palpitations until it coughs me up again.
  • dedeyesdedeyes Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207054Members
    It would be cool if they scripted some sort of "alarm" mechanic before the creature goes offensive. Like a big burst of bubbles suddenly coming below you and/or a loud screech from the depths.

Also, I'd love to see anything related to Lovecraft mythos in this game.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    dedeyes wrote: »
    It would be cool if they scripted some sort of "alarm" mechanic before the creature goes offensive. Like a big burst of bubbles suddenly coming below you and/or a loud screech from the depths.

Man, that'd be creepy as hell.

I love it.

Though just imagining it gave me a case of the willies.

AI could just tell you
    "Warning, approaching perimeter of Aurora sensor range"
    "Warning, massive life form detected beneath your position"

And then all you see is a giant mouth opening underneath you and closing

and then death.
  • demianddemiand Chile Join Date: 2015-08-11 Member: 207033Members
    edited August 2015

AI could just tell you
    "Warning, approaching perimeter of Aurora sensor range"
    "Warning, massive life form detected beneath your position"

And then all you see is a giant mouth opening underneath you and closing

and then death.

i was thinking in something like in Alien, but that's coolest

"Warning, massive life form approaching in 10, 9, ..."
  • LeftyLikeLeftyLike Norway Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203638Members
    I also thought about something like this...swiming through the darkness.. they should defintly not add something like this!! My heart couldn't take it. :s

Unlike most of the other creatures in the game, this one should be completley silent. The noise lets you prepare for what's coming. There shouldn't be ANY warning.

Another creature might be one that collects things like quartz or diamonds and then waits for you to show up, then, when you pick them up, he eats you. :blush:
  • LeechSoupDotYumLeechSoupDotYum Join Date: 2016-02-24 Member: 213378Members
    This should exist. I hope the devs read this one.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    It wouldn't getcha until you swim way further out.

I just want a giant monster that I can clean out it's parasites and give it heart palpitations until it coughs me up again.

Giant worm biome thread?