Natural Selection 2 server rental - Suggestions?

Natural_sellectedNatural_sellected Germany Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206861Members
Hey,
id like to set up my own server. You guys have any suggestion on a good host?

+ How do i populate a server?
THANKS!

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Have you ever unchecked the "filter empty servers" box in the server browser...? You may notice the many dozens of perpetually empty servers. Dont wanna discourage you too much, but I don't know if it'd be money very well spent for you. To keep it populated, you need to seed it early and often. PPL typically filter out the empty servers so if you even have just 1 person in there, it'll at least show up on our list.

Sorry, no suggestions on hosts.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    To populate a server you need to seed it which means a lot of waiting alone in the ready room. It helps a lot if you have some friends that can help you with it since people tend to avoid empty servers and servers with only one player.

The player base of NS2 isn't very large and yes, there are lots of empty servers but I still don't think it's impossible to start a new server now and get it popular. It will probably be hard and take a lot of work though so I have to agree with 2cough and recommend you to not spend too much money on it.

I don't know much about server hosts since I use my own hardware but I know a lot about configuring NS2 servers and I'd be happy to help you out if you decide to go ahead with it. Add me on Steam if you're interested.