Predators too aggressive?

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
I read quite a few different opinions on this so far. So what do you think of the current predators?

Comments

• BritemacBritemac Texas Join Date: 2015-07-20 Member: 206290Members
    I read quite a few different opinions on this so far. So what do you think of the current predators?

It has already been stated, by staff, that the current aggression levels were a bug with a patch, this is unnecessary and kinda rude when you take that fact into account.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I don't see how this is rude and yeah i know it was an accident but i'm just curious to know if people like it or not. sheesh.
    I don't see how this is rude and yeah i know it was an accident but i'm just curious to know if people like it or not. sheesh.

Your calling for a poll on something the dev team has stated is broken, that's like asking someone to appraise someone else's work, when they've told you it's not complete/ready.
  • TieraxTierax aus Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206401Members
    i dunno brite, i've actually seen one post where someone seems to love the new (accidental) difficulty.

that being said, they gave us access to beta for the purpose of appraisal and to see if they are headed in the right direction.
  • AmanchamAmancham GER Join Date: 2015-07-01 Member: 205922Members
    Yes, it was an accident, but it still is interesting to see what people think. So I don't think it is rude to ask the community what they think.

Personally I find it too much. I can't get anything done because the second I move anywhere near another biome from the shallows, I get attacked by literally every aggressive creature there is and not just one but most of the time it's a few at once. They also attack the Seamoth or Cyclops almost immediately when I stop moving. XD
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    As long as SN provides upgrades to mitigate the danger, I see nothing wrong with this. Actually I like the change -- because before, there wasn't any need to even get upgrades.
  • ZixinusZixinus Hungary Join Date: 2015-07-22 Member: 206338Members
    You can update the Seamoth? I thought you couldn't, only the Cyclops. Or has that been sneaked in?
    Zixinus wrote: »
    You can update the Seamoth? I thought you couldn't, only the Cyclops. Or has that been sneaked in?

It's going to be one of the functionalities of the moon pool actually. And yes I'm fine with folks voicing opinions but calling for a poll on it...I'm not a fan of, especially without the option of 'other' for something like this.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Britemac wrote: »
    Zixinus wrote: »

It's going to be one of the functionalities of the moon pool actually. And yes I'm fine with folks voicing opinions but calling for a poll on it...I'm not a fan of, especially without the option of 'other' for something like this.

Well, yeah ... i tend to forget the "others" option u_u
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I think there are to many in small areas. Most predators in the wild are either pack animals or widely spread out.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Sharks on Earth don't arbitrarily attack humans. The game makes the creatures out to be enemies simply because of their nature. If they are so aggressive, why aren't they attacking one another?
    Out of curiosity, has anyone experienced the predators to be more aggressive in Hardcore mode than in regular Survival or Freedom mode?
  • TieraxTierax aus Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206401Members
    yo zix, yeah i think so, but it might also be we are more paranoid around them as hardcore players, responding and percieving them as more aggressive/ dangerous due the the natre of hardcore.
    i dont think they actually are though.
    I'm playing Hardcore right now and the predator aggression isn't crazy like it used to. It feels more like Survival level and I am unsure whether there are any differences.
  • CaptainKiddCaptainKidd UNDER DA SEA Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206920Members
    i just think they need to mess around with the bone sharks in some of the caves, idk if this is part of that unintended agression bug but i was down in one a couple days ago and was contantly being swarmed by like 5 of them at once, 1-2 even 3 wouldnt be too bad with the stasis rifle.