ns2_sws_gorgasm

FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
Mod ID: d574214

ns2_sws_gorgasm is a Capture The Gorge map for the Skulks With Shotguns mod. It has a pretty simple layout; more or less a figure eight with identical sides for each team. The visual style I am going for is a similar to Howser's "2gorge" map, but with more detail happening. I think its look is also influenced by Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which I played a lot recently.

Workshop page: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223822356

CHANGELOG (February 18th, 2014)
o Detailed the tunnel bridge
o Minor detail work on the ramps
o Added side panels to the bridge

CHANGELOG (February 9th, 2014)
o Added more location names
o Put glass int he windows of the tunnel-bridge
o Started detailing the ramp that lead to the tunnel-bridge
o Started detailing the lower bridge
o Raised the pit floors a litte, and added platforms
o Added a few crates here and there

Layout:
CwARyLE.jpg

Screenshots:
Red Base:
FyTPxxL.jpg
2am9JFF.jpg
Central:
nEsd3hu.jpg
a0HECc1.jpg
mVjafQd.jpg
3D6uHiw.jpg
Blue Ramp:
Lv33YwV.jpg
X7F4YkC.jpg
ZOMPLpi.jpg

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Please tell me the "asm" means chasm.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hey @Flaterectomy , forgot to post this last week. Steam finds your map name offensive, but loves it all the same:

Flat_Map_Steam_zps41f0828f.png
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Very nice. Those pillars in screenshot nr. 8 look really cool. It inspired me! Also great lighting in the last screenshot.
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    edited February 2014
    Eyyy that last screenshot (with blue corridor) is EPIC. Its soo Braw!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    More detailed bits! The central room is now complete.

CHANGELOG (April 27th, 2014)
    o Detailed Central
    o Added teleporters to the spawn rooms

Here's a video!

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    More detailed bits! The central room is now complete.

CHANGELOG (April 27th, 2014)
    o Detailed Central
    o Added teleporters to the spawn rooms

Here's a video!

You need to make the music more irritating. ;)
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    wow... fantastic work flat. I hate to say it but its the Best custom map room i've seen from the ns2 community. Very Clever use of props and textures, looks unique/fresh too. I like how you've managed to add loads of lovely detail and keep the bold, clean design that I think sws maps need. I love it
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Looks really fantastic !
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Best 30 minutes ever playing this :P
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2015
    Today's update for tomorrow's NSL Skulks With Shotguns tournament! Still unfinished, but more complete than before at least.

WIDWfbF.jpg

Holy hell... dat trim job!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    This map is basically only trims.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Love this. Unreal tournament revisited. Must have normal NS2 map in this style. MUST!

This room still feels like home:
    UnrealTournament2013-09-1314-28-41-27.png
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I have got to say that SWS should (if not already) be given serious consideration as a future game mode of vanilla NS2. It offers an alternative experience, but really teaches you the basics of skulk movement, so provides an ideal opportunity to learn at least one aspect of NS2 gameplay throughly, and arguably, it's the most important part, well, except the need to bite of course...

Hmm, maybe allow right click to bite when in melee range while waiting to fire delay to wear off?
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I have got to say that SWS should (if not already) be given serious consideration as a future game mode of vanilla NS2. It offers an alternative experience, but really teaches you the basics of skulk movement, so provides an ideal opportunity to learn at least one aspect of NS2 gameplay throughly, and arguably, it's the most important part, well, except the need to bite of course...

Hmm, maybe allow right click to bite when in melee range while waiting to fire delay to wear off?

Best mod ever!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer

but right click is leap already

Mephilles wrote: »

but right click is leap already

Make it like Depth where you latch on and shake your mouse to "thrash" them and do more damage.
    There's a separate SWS thread for this kind of talk. Keep it out of my damn map thread, you philistines! :P
    Are these screenshots in that thread? If not, then as far as I am concerned, this thread is the current poster-child for SWS and shall remain the hive of active discussion around the mod that it currently is... :D
    Update!

CHANGELOG (July 25th, 2015)
    o Added the NSL SwS tournament winner plaque to the ready room - congratulations SkulksWithSwag!

xydGvLN.jpg

• N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
    All u need now is 1 golden gun pickup and your set.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Update!

CHANGELOG (July 25th, 2015)
    o Added the NSL SwS tournament winner plaque to the ready room - congratulations SkulksWithSwag!

xydGvLN.jpg

Hey Flate, I was coaching this team, can I be on that plaque? Thanks. :p
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    yeah and what about me? I cheered for them on stream :p
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »

Hey Flate, I was coaching this team, can I be on that plaque? Thanks. :p
    Mephilles wrote: »
    yeah and what about me? I cheered for them on stream :p

These are fictitious lies. Pelagir was trying to match fix against and mephilles was flaming on stream
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2019
    Oh hello everyone! I spent a relaxing afternoon mapping a little, it was very nostalgic.

CHANGELOG (March 17th, 2019)
    o Added the new NSL SwS tournament winner plaque to the ready room
    o Detailed the ready room

Congratulations to Marshmellow, Mnow, Fr3d0x, Katzenfleisch, teal'c and Troist Moggie!

Brilliant as ever Flat, it's good to know you haven't lost anything with your time away from mapping.

I also very much love the mini forklift smashed into the glass.