Skulks with Shotguns!

13»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    Minor exploit in that a skulk can go into their spawn with a gorge. Both teams did this at the same time and both agreed to come out.

Also someone can hide in the map here. Map is gorgasm.
    UqutrUC.jpg
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Can't a gorge feel protected? Derp! :D

You mean in that block you're pointing at, right? That prop doesn't have collision. I already fixed it in my local copy of the map, it'll be fixed when I publish it.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    Can't a gorge feel protected? Derp! :D

You mean in that block you're pointing at, right? That prop doesn't have collision. I already fixed it in my local copy of the map, it'll be fixed when I publish it.

It was a 3v3, and the funny part was both skulks with gorges were trapped in the spawn by 2 enemy skulks. Both had the same idea at the same time.

I do mean that prop.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Tactical Freedom is now hosting a server running this mod. :)
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Absolutely wonderful, once again. I had a lot of fun today with Beige and Davean, really good stuff.
    edited May 2015
    Zavaro wrote: »
    Absolutely wonderful, once again. I had a lot of fun today with Beige and Davean, really good stuff.
    Pfft! ...apparently I am not fun enough to mention. :p

Really though, mod is great. Is worth adding more to. Additional game modes would be nice. Team death match. Skulks with Shotguns, Fades with Lmg's. King of the hill. Every other gamemode.

Needs voice overs like double kill, ultra kill, etc.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Nordic wrote: »

You know, these voice overs do like permanent damage to my vocal chords. :(

Isn't there a mod that already does them though? I think diamond gamers uses it.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Good to see its up and running again!
    @Nordic I would be all up for adding new game modes and features but I (personally) am somewhat reluctant to mix up the core formula too much. Simplicity is key. I've not really sat down with Daan and flat to speak about any additional features we'd like. There's a much bigger need for more general polish than there is adding more content.
    I'm not completely against adding new life forms and weapons but they'd have to be featured in their own game mode or even a separate mod. Maybe some sort of mode where Fades with rail guns have to get from A to B as they're swarmed by skulks with shotguns could be interesting. British bull dog style. MAKE IT DAAN!
    edited May 2015
    Howser wrote: »
    Good to see its up and running again!
    @Nordic I would be all up for adding new game modes and features but I (personally) am somewhat reluctant to mix up the core formula too much. Simplicity is key. I've not really sat down with Daan and flat to speak about any additional features we'd like. There's a much bigger need for more general polish than there is adding more content.
    I'm not completely against adding new life forms and weapons but they'd have to be featured in their own game mode or even a separate mod. Maybe some sort of mode where Fades with rail guns have to get from A to B as they're swarmed by skulks with shotguns could be interesting. British bull dog style. MAKE IT DAAN!

Fades with rail guns would be fun. It would have to be its own game mode for sure though.

Since it has so many possibilities, I feel it could use some sort of backend system. Vote for game mode, then vote for map, then play.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Maybe some sort of mode where Fades with rail guns have to get from A to B as they're swarmed by skulks with shotguns could be interesting. British bull dog style. MAKE IT DAAN!

Fades with Railguns vs SWS could be balanced fairly easily in my opinion, although it doesn't fit with the naming theme.

Fades with Flamers would be crap against sws, so using the old acid rocket as inspiration, how about....

*drum roll*

Fades with Fireballs?

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Maybe some sort of mode where Fades with rail guns have to get from A to B as they're swarmed by skulks with shotguns could be interesting. British bull dog style. MAKE IT DAAN!

Fades with Railguns vs SWS could be balanced fairly easily in my opinion, although it doesn't fit with the naming theme.

Fades with Flamers would be crap against sws, so using the old acid rocket as inspiration, how about....

*drum roll*

Fades with Fireballs?

Onos with stomp. Worst mod ever.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

*drum roll*

Fades with Fireballs?

Onos with stomp. Worst mod ever.

Do you mean Hungry Hungry Onos? I tried to play it once. It was fun for 5 minutes only.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts

Well, you've already lost a toe! I don't see the big deal. :)

As for polish, I'd probably consider adding some warning that pops up when you pick up the gorge stating that if you leap you will lose it, since that was confusing for me and my biggest gripe not knowing the four times I did it in a row. Might also be nice to see your accuracy, since I've been using Nordic and Beige as target practice for what Malpractice calls "bad shotgunning."
    Zavaro wrote: »

Well, you've already lost a toe! I don't see the big deal. :)

As for polish, I'd probably consider adding some warning that pops up when you pick up the gorge stating that if you leap you will lose it, since that was confusing for me and my biggest gripe not knowing the four times I did it in a row. Might also be nice to see your accuracy, since I've been using Nordic and Beige as target practice for what Malpractice calls "bad shotgunning."

Yea, is that an ns2+ thing that shows the death stats? It'd be great if whatever plugin does that was made compatible with sws.
    edited May 2015
    The spawn entrances instantly kill an enemy with a slightly vague line of where that happens. Experience people kill themselves in it trying to explore, experienced players sometimes accidentally catch it. It would be much nicer if it was a damage over time instead of an instant death. This would also allow you to fight back somewhat against people who hide in their spawns or camp in their spawns.

If not damage over time just make it a hard wall like barrier.

Also, once spawned you should not be able to enter your spawn again because you can bring the gorge up there and hide.
    I was planning to make a clearer hologram/forcefield texture that indicates the no-go zone. Hopefully we can also make it so gorges are dropped when they're carried into a spawn room.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Dropping gorges would be a very good idea, and fairly simple to do.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I still wont let exosuit boxing slip past! @Flaterectomy @Soul_Rider @Scatter
    I'll have to slip past you and leave that for the other 2 to sort out :D I have so many different engines installed on my machine that I am playing with, I've had to sacrifice a few games, and NS2 was unfortunately one of them.

Having a lot of fun with Unity at the moment, and doing quite a bit of work based coding at the moment.
    SWS was updated this weekend to prepare for the NSL tournament. I'll do my best to provide a changelog with my limited technical knowledge.

o The game now has a 15 minute time limit instead of a first-to-5 win condition
    o Gorges will return to their spawn when a skulk carrying one tries to take it into their spawn room
    o Gorge model is smaller when carried on the back of a skulk
    o "Blue/Red team wins" messages are fixed
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Flat fix your sig XD crazy maniac.
    edited July 2015
    @Flaterectomy If you'd used HTML, your sig would have survived :D
    My Gorgasm and Howser's Gorgefort/2Gorge are both updated and fixed. I had to fix Loki's Eden myself, and published it as ns2_sws_eden_fixed for now:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479128066
    That awesome was for fixing your sig, as well as the post.