What mouse do you "pwn" with in NS2?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Martin7 What's that yellow soldering iron looking thing?
    Curious about that as well :D

Also I think the mousepad should also be a thing in this thread right? I for one am not using one, cause my desk is covered in a protective mat, sooooo the whole thing is a bit of a mousepad :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Kouji_San wrote: »

If you have to ask... you don't wanna know.

B)
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    It's a mouse bungee, they're a mostly useless creation that holds your mouse cable a little off the ground so that it doesn't snag on things like your keyboard. I've got one, it kinda works, cost me $15.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2015
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Also I think the mousepad should also be a thing in this thread right? I for one am not using one, cause my desk is covered in a protective mat, sooooo the whole thing is a bit of a mousepad :P

I swear by steelseries, mostly because it was pretty much the only mousepad that worked correctly with my former RAT. It works perfectly for all other mice, too. Great texture and surface area.

(edit: the picture provided is incorrect. The pad needs to be rotated 180 degrees so that the icon is in the upper right corner. Yes, the RAT was that picky about it's surface. God I loved/hated that thing.)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Can somebody explain why the G500 gets so much hate on that diagram??? I loved my g500.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The G500 downgraded its sensor
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hmm... wonder how the g303 stacks up. I got it as a gift recently.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I suppose we can include mousepads aswell!

I use the Razer Goliathus "Speed" edition (Medium size), I initially wanted the "Control" edition but misclicked the order from amazon :( lol
    sku_266944_1.jpg
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Razer Mamba Master Race
  • Martin7Martin7 Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148108Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ye it´s a mouse bungee from Zowie (it was a combo-pack with the mouse) - it´s at least usefull for me.
    h42is1f2prg1.jpg
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I have a rather unconventional set-up at the moment, no desk, so I sit on the end of my bed. As such, my mouse mat is an IBM Thinkpad T60,

It's a little harsh for a mat, doesn't get stuck but has slightly scratched the feet of the mouse.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    an IBM Thinkpad T60

Lovely machine. Never considered it for a mouse pad, though. I use one of those huge two and a half foot ones on Amazon for $10-15. I also have used a Magic playmat in the past.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    On the subject of mouse pads, I have found a love for hard, tactile feedback mousepads in the past year.... but it seems no matter the mouse or the pad every hard pad (even quality ones) eventually gets grime or dirt or scratches on it that just drives me bonkers or interferes with the sensor...

So I typically have to clean it with warm water and dish washing soap about once a month... and this just feels silly compared to the maintenance of a soft pad.
    Any suggestions??
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    On the subject of mouse pads, I have found a love for hard, tactile feedback mousepads in the past year.... but it seems no matter the mouse or the pad every hard pad (even quality ones) eventually gets grime or dirt or scratches on it that just drives me bonkers or interferes with the sensor...

So I typically have to clean it with warm water and dish washing soap about once a month... and this just feels silly compared to the maintenance of a soft pad.
    Any suggestions??

I wouldn't recommend the steelseries for a start was using it for nearly a year and the material became loose and started running against my hand everytime my mouse passed over it, was really distracting and downright annoying sometimes, since switching to a razer goliathus its been very nice so far!
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    I've broken 3 Deathadders so far on NS2. I use MB4 for my map key and it always snaps off.

Still use a Deathadder anyway. They are pretty much the only mouse with good shape, button placement and a "perfect" sensor.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I used to use a Logitech Performance MX (wireless) on a glass surface (rocked about 700 skill on Hive). Since going wired with a Razer Abyssus 2014 ed. and a Razer Goliathus soft mat, my Hive skill is about 1000. @Vindaloo 's small green crosshair helped too.
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Vindaloo 's small green crosshair helped too.
    I was wondering who was THE other person using it. Then I check today and there is whole 12 of us subscribed.

Also to be on topic, Deathadder is the best mouse that ever happened to me. I don't think I will ever switch. Also I have this mousepad, which is a bit more expensive, but is god-like. That reminds me I need to order few of them and put them in some storage if they ever discontinue. It's a soft mat but also a hard mat, it's huge, comfortable and I think my mouse has crush on it, but the Deathadder would never admit it.

• PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Razer Blade 2014 laptop.
    Razer Naga 2014 mouse at home.
    Razer Orichi at work.
    Razer Kabuto pad.

<Razer fan.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2015
    When my Revoltec Precision Advanced wore out, and I found out they didn't make it anymore, I went to a Razer Sphex. I like the ultrathin teflon sheet "pads" (not much padding there). Basically just a consistent surface for the sensor. Otherwise, it's just my (wooden) desk that it is basically glued to.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members

That's a mouse cable holder-upper thingie.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    PoNeH wrote: »
    Razer Blade 2014 laptop.
    Razer Naga 2014 mouse at home.
    Razer Orichi at work.
    Razer Kabuto pad.

<Razer fan.
    I wanted to go with Razer Blade, but Razer Fan works for me, they do seem more dangerous as my regular ceiling fanblades though :D
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    O7K2XSM.jpg?1

Still use it to this day... Seems to be a small but loyal following out there. From da original game box back in like 2000 - 2001.

I wish I had a much bigger one, but... I've tried other mousepads... too accustomed to this after many many years of use. It needs a clean.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It might be the lighting... but.. uh.. yeah, it's pretty gross looking. Max Payne's good tho.
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver
    I use the Steelseries Sensei Wireless - runs great and I don't notice any "wireless lag"
    Have the Steelseries QCK+ Heavy mousepad as well. It's thicker than the one in this image.

steelseries.jpg
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    zowie fk1

currently looking at FM 2015 summer / FM ambdix(not yet released), was looking at Zowie ZA but I have a feeling it will hold in hand like the rival and I don't want that.

Mousepads I swap between hyperx fury and qck heavy, did want to try the european QPAD UC-50 but I think I'm fine with my hyperx for now.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    I use this.
    71SGm59FY6L._SL1500_.jpg
    This isn't even gaming mouse.
    Please don't kill me
    Is that a real scorpion? Wicked sick!
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    edited July 2015
    I vouch for Razer Deathadder. Amazing mouse. Great drivers. I have had so many MX518's break up.

Now I just need to buy a new one and these ones cost 80 euros. Brr..
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I hated the deathadder every second I had it and hoped it would break. Damn thing was reliable. I LOVED the diamondback, but thing would break after like 400 hrs in ns1 @1/2&quot; 180deg