Why do gorge tunnels disable when exit/entrance is destroyed?

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
Currently when a side of a tunnel is destroyed, it looks closed and IS closed.

I feel that you should still be able to enter the tunnel. It's useful to evolve in there sometimes when you don't feel safe outside. It could just look closed, but still be enter-able. Could allow for fun marine plays too here and there.

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Used to be like that, but people got stuck. A lot. Including one instance with 3 oni and I (onos and me?, ones and zeros?)

Mind you, it was before they were labeled I believe...
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited July 2015
    You can't evovle inside gorge tunnels

Edit: Apparently you can. The more you know.
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Golden wrote: »

You can if you sit on one of those raised nodules.
  • PrommahPrommah Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180293Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2015
    I believe you can do it on some parts of the floor as well but I'm not 100% on that. Definitely can on the raised nodules if you get into the correct position.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You can evolve in them, just hop around pressing your evolvelastupgrades bind and you'll find a couple of spots.
  • unrenderedunrendered Finland Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189137Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter

if youre a swagger then you can
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation

Yea, jeez Golden, I was doing this since shortly after gorge tunnels were released, it's even easier than everyone makes it out to be. I've never even done it on one of the nodules mentioned above. I'd say I can do it 1st try at least 80% of the time.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I'd find it hilarious if both ends got killed while 2 onoses were evolving in the tunnel.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    But yes, evolving in the tunnel is very doable.
  • N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
    stuck in the middle with u @ original post
  • Rifle-StarRifle-Star Austria Join Date: 2015-07-04 Member: 205990Members
    As for the well known tunnel bug, two days ago I played a game where, right from the start (first tunnels) most tunnels placed were bugged (did not open). Mine also failed to open. Usually this bug appears not at the beginning of a round, but further in, after some deaths of random things, sometimes hives, sometimes tunnels.
    And it continued like that. Usually you can fix the bug by placing the first tunnel entrance again, and it will open. Not so in this round. I tried multiple times, after 4 times replacing the respective other tunnel part, it finally worked. Other players reported the very same, almost all tunnels bugged.

After a while my finally working tunnel died and I placed and exit somewhere else, bugged again.

It was only in this one single round. There was nothing special about it.

Tunnel bug shenanigans.

Aliens still won!
  • EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    edited July 2015
    Reminds me of a glitch I liked to pull off a few patches ago. When a marine is destroying one side of your tunnel (I.e the exit) hop in and out of the the opposite end (i.e entrance) rapidly until they destroy it. You'll have a tunnel that looks open/usable yet is technically closed.

Hilarious watching teammates trying to get into it then realizing it doesn't work ;)

Hmm... I wonder if it still works... >:)