Where should the Uranium be?

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Where do you think the Uranium should be placed?

I'd suggest the Grande reef

Comments

• TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Jelly Shroom Caves, nuff said.
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
  • TheBeninatorV2TheBeninatorV2 Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205944Members
    UNDER GROUND AROUND THE KOOSH ZONE OR DEEP UNDER THE SHIP BECAUSE OF THE RADIATION.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    UNDER GROUND AROUND THE KOOSH ZONE OR DEEP UNDER THE SHIP BECAUSE OF THE RADIATION.

Radiation does not create uranium.

• AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    Does Uranium deposit at very high depths?

or it's not much of a relevant factor?
    edited July 2015
    Does Uranium deposit at very high depths?

or it's not much of a relevant factor?

Uranium is a fairly common element that can be found just about anywhere on Earth. Is much, much more common than silver and gold combined. For balance purposes it might be more difficult to come by... just like diamonds.
    mmmmh i see but maybe a little more common than them, also because it has a concrete use as a power source.
    That depends upon how long each chunk lasts. Uranium should be comparable to thermal, but with a slightly higher output considering it's nonrenewable.
  • shadow-wolf1971shadow-wolf1971 north carolina Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204185Members
    sparse reef do to lack of life
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    Its starting to be a bit unsettling how many materials that we also have on earth are in this planet.

I'm not saying they exist here and only here but some alien elements or even I dunno the rarest elements on earth in the subnautica world would feel a little better.
    That depends upon how long each chunk lasts. Uranium should be comparable to thermal, but with a slightly higher output considering it's nonrenewable.

If the outputs are like the ones in the experimental mode uranium produces 3 times more power than thermal, maybe they could add a fast neutron reactor upgrade that would allow the reactor to reproduce its fuel from its waste.

Which is the base of the 4th gen reactors.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    ArkStrike wrote: »
    Its starting to be a bit unsettling how many materials that we also have on earth are in this planet.

I'm not saying they exist here and only here but some alien elements or even I dunno the rarest elements on earth in the subnautica world would feel a little better.

most of the super rare elements on earth are rare for a reason that would be common to any planet though. Osmium, iridium, and platinum, for instance, are rare because, while there is actually a fair bit of them on earth, they are so dense that they tend to find there way down into the mantle and core, where they cannot be mined. Only traces from asteroid impacts can be found at the surface. The very rarest elements are highly radioactive ones that decay extremely quickly. And my understanding is that the periodic table has been filled in, and that there are unlikely to be any undiscovered elements. That is not my area of expertise though.
  • alexwormyalexwormy U.S.A. Join Date: 2015-07-03 Member: 205979Members
    i think it should maybe be in a place under the main big ship and maybe have some very creepy sealife in said area couse i have seen under the ship and i was seeing nothing just a sand lot but i couldnt get a good look enough because some how a reaper came up and killed me -.- so ya feel free so say what you like and please give some positive feedback! =)
  • RazakielRazakiel USA Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205960Members
    Considering water has a very high containment effect on radiation, flora and fauna density in areas containing uranium would have been affected in only minute amounts. For aesthetic purposes, I would like to see it in the Twisty Bridges section. Whatever activity caused that geography may have surfaced the element.
  • WrattsWratts The Sweet Surland Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203906Members
    Twisty bridges. Or my other idea is that it's at varying depth beneath any biome, and you need to use a Terraformer to get to it.

Voting for twisty bridges though.
  • UnknownGentlemenUnknownGentlemen Florida? Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207072Members
    Possibly Arctic? If not then lost river is my vote.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    I say under the floating islands, the reason i say this is that the ocean floor is sand which would have covered up most of the resources. Thus the floaters ripping up the ground by attaching themselves to it thus creating the floating isalnds, could have revealed deposits of the ore.
    But in reality we should have the stuff everywhere but you have to mine for it, because lets face it most of the stuff in the world would be in the ground. Because the currents grinding down rock and shifting sand, would have buried most of the stuff (excluding scrap). Also how cool would that be to have massive ore and mineral deposits around the world, so you could dig and find one that yields huge amounts of quartz, silver, or something else.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    ArkStrike wrote: »

Uranium and other elements are absolutely, 100% NOT exclusive to Earth.
    These elements are prevalent throughout the entire universe as long as they're still made of protons and neutrons.

There could be pockets of Uranium on literally every planet in the galaxy.

And since the planet has magnetic poles (Because we can use a compass) it means it has a magnetic metal core, so something like iron, nickel, or cobalt.

So yeah. There are going to be a ton of elements and materials present on this planet that there are on earth. Because base elements are still comprised of the same atoms, the same protons and neutrons on Subnautica Planet as they are on Earth, as they are on Jupiter, as they are on The Planet Of The freaking Space Amazons.

So there ya go. Little science lesson for ya.

Honestly I'd rather Uranium be more rare, in deeper biomes. Since we won't even need it until we make it to El Arrecife Magnifico.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    If you check out where uranium has been mined, you might notice that a lot of the production is very near to this, so my guess would be sparse reef or grand reef.
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    In all the caves except the caves in the safe shallows.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Im with 04leonhardt on this one. His science is correct, and I agree the uranium should be attainable at greater depths. Around the time that seamoth and exo depth modules come into play. It should be difficult to get to, but plentiful once found.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I think near volcanic activity