Hall of Fame

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to nominate some of the SCC members.

@Howser for helping setup SCC/Map making/Awesome textures and props and just helping a lot of people out.(Skulks with shotguns too) Also a PT.
    @Flaterectomy‌ for making Caged/Helping SCC test maps/knowing a lot about maps and helping those who have just started(valves) Also a PT.
    @DaanVanYperen‌ Amazing modding(Skulks with shotguns need i say anymore?)/map testing/ General helpfulness to all. Also a PT.
    @BeigeAlert‌ After hes finished making loads of tools for mapping/modding he will get back to making amazing maps(temple please?) Also a PT.
    @ObliviousSight Always there to help, very insightful when it came to testing and also for mapping Grendel was brilliant.
    @DrRandom‌ Map making/helpfulness to the community. Just need to poke him to get Uplift finished!
    @Loki for kodiak and 100 of the other maps he is or will be working on in the future and for all the map maintaining

There are so many that have helped, and so many I've missed but these are off the top of my head.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    I'm nominating
    @Flaterectomy‌ for caged,
    @Loki‌ for derelict (promotion),
    @DrRandom for ns2_uplift,
    @‌troops for running the SCC playtest server,
    and @DaanVanYperen‌ for making Skulks with Shotguns.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    It's going to be hard job to approve nominations since August 2014. There's plenty of nominated players now.
  • HellwireDHellwireD Join Date: 2015-01-18 Member: 200904Members
    Nominating @wooza for his obvious contribution of building the fastest server, maintaining it out of his pocket alone.

@matso to be upgraded to gold level for his overwhelming continued contribution to performance.

@ATF for delivering the data that allowed the server performance work and testing in a live environment.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    edited February 2015
    HellwireD wrote: »
    Nominating @wooza for his obvious contribution of building the fastest server, maintaining it out of his pocket alone.

@matso to be upgraded to gold level for his overwhelming continued contribution to performance.

@ATF for delivering the data that allowed the server performance work and testing in a live environment.
    This.

@Matso is a legend of epic proportions and deserves shiny gold status, and @Wooza and @ATF run five servers including two of the most popular, without complaint, and as HellwireD noted all from Wooza's own pockets.

@Mouse for his map(s) and being a general absolute legend through NS1 to now.

And I know it's not specific, but anyone that creates and finishes an NS2 map -- if not for new maps, the variety would be gone and we'd have an even smaller community than we do now. Anyone who completes a map is a hero in my eyes. You keep NS2 going.

M

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Expect another round of awards next week..
    :)
    troops wrote: »
    ...(temple please?)

Already happening. :)
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited April 2015
    I just want to nominate a few people that truly deserve to earn Squad 5 before the 'long awaited' next round happens.

@Vindaloo, Swalk nominated him already but along everything that he's done and keeps doing by helping the NSL or even the players themselves by reffing and / or casting games should earn Squad 5 Blue or Silver. He's been here for a while now and never get rewarded somehow for all this. He's also a super nice person and has been in charge of the onFire team during lots of seasons. He's one of the guys who helped and took care of plenty of players, introducing them to competitive. Whenever you need a caster, through the NSL, other Tournaments such as TAW's tourney or even the one organized by GISP, you can be sure that Vindaloo will be somewhere around, ready to cast. I think it's finally time to get rewarded for all that.

@Tudy, he's been wonderful at handling the Newcomers tournament. This tourney has been successful and allowed many players to get introduced to the NS2 competitive which brought a few teams to register for Season 6 of the NSL. He's now joined the NSL as admin and already thought about organizing another tourney and he's going to so between each regular seasons. He's also one of the NSL casters, along with Hefty and his job through TAW is worthy. Managing so many players isn't easy task. He's a really nice guy too and you guys should have a talk with him to find out how is he. His passion for NS2 is catching.

I reckon that there's plenty of players that need to be upgraded to a higher rank for everything they did. Nevertheless, giving the Blue S5 for those that have been nominated remains more important.

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Decoy wrote: »
    @IRONHORSE DO REWARDS.

They do them every patch, right?
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    @IRONHORSE DO REWARDS.

They do them every patch, right?

Patches before September looking at the rewards. Haven't seen one for a while but as we used to say: soon.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP, sorry for the kinda necro

Is at @BeigeAlert in this elite squad of bad asses yet? Cuz ffs he should be.
    2cough wrote: »
    BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP, sorry for the kinda necro

Is at @BeigeAlert in this elite squad of bad asses yet? Cuz ffs he should be.

(play it cool, Beige, play it cool.) No not yet.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @Ironhorse if you don't do Squad 5 I'm going to cut you
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I would like to nominate @furs for the continiued support and hosting of the EU PT servers.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I would like to nominate @MasterG for building mineral which is in my opinion the best custom map out there at the moment.
    I also want to nominate @MauvaisVitrier for being like the second developer of mineral and contributing awesome feedback to multiple maps (say what you want but most feedback I get from him is the most valuable)
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    I'd like to nominate @SupaFred for hosting the Thirsty Onos servers, that are a huge part of the NS2 community and show good behaviour towards newcomers (ingame tips and other kinds of messages) and his constant support of custom maps in the map rotation.

+1 for @MasterG for having the patience and talent to build a map appreciated by most of the competitive community and pub players
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I would like to nominate @bawNg for writing a much better client for the old build system I put together and the one I wrote on the back of napkin at a coffee shop, and then supporting his client, and making it better than mine hands down.

Seriously, High five on that.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    +1 nomination for @MauvaisVitrier, being the most badass giver of feedback for Mineral and countless other maps. Without his continued support, Mineral would not be where it is today.

Also great the @BeigeAlert got this, because his model material swapper software has been invaluable the last few weeks of Mineral's production.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Also I would like to nominate @tudy for putting so much effort for preparing off season events for NSL and actually getting new teams to competitive NS2 thx to his newcomer tournament
  • PrommahPrommah Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180293Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Also nominating @SupaFred for running excellent servers (comp & pub) and having the willpower to keep contributing to the NS2 community despite all of us in his team trying to destroy his sanity.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks everyone for the nominations!
    Keep em coming, and again double check the profile link you provide not only works for that user, but that they don't already have what you are nominating them for!
    Also, providing every single reason why said user deserves it just helps their chances, since not all of us are familiar with every user we cannot vouch for them - only you can!

Also, do not hold me to this, but more than likely we will have a patch that will go out a few weeks after the next one filled with goodies.. so there will be another round of Squad 5 then, albeit smaller than this last one thank god :)
    So you have a couple of weeks to get nominations in for the next round.
    edited July 2015
    I might be completely biased about the following nominations but whatever. Those indeed deserve to get rewarded one way or another.

@Tudy once more because since the last nomination he's begun to labor even more for the community through TAW and the NSL. For instance, I can mention the last Season 6 and draft tournament. And to come: Skulks with Shotguns. He also looks after the NSL front page through his newsposts. To sum up, he's been pretty involved the past months and I can't see him not being rewarded for all the stuff he's done so far and the constant boost he keeps providing inside the NSL (even amongst the admins). I can honestly say the NSL wouldn't have got this far without him.

@Feathermonster - has been of a very nice help this last year. She's allowed the NSL to survive through our communication tools such as Twitter and our Steam group. In addition, she helped a couple of major stuff in regard to the NSL website and has been quite efficient when it came to take care of our NSL casters. I do not forget everything else she's part of beside the NSL such as PT and leading a few times MT when sir Zavaro is MIA.

@UniqueOne - how couldn't I miss this guy? Unique has joined the NSL many months ago as referee and became later on, part of the admins team. He has a weird sense of humor I gotta say, probably due to him being Finnish or whatsoever but well, at the end, tons of matches would have been lacking a referee without his intervention. He also looks after the official NSL Teamspeak 3 and so far so good. He did manage quite well. Tens of players use it everyday and without a proper place to gather, many teams wouldn't have gotten the possibility to play their matches in a nice way. Most of the events are held on this TS and so are the NSL gathers. Finally, he's been part of the Combat PTs for what it's worth unfortunately.

@Sephy - has helped the NSL going to seeding teams to providing simple but helpful advices. But what can be even more noted is his ability to develop the NSL gathers. Where gathers a few months ago started to get forsaken and no one wanted to play it anymore. Sephy appeared and decided to take over - modifying a couple of things there and some other here. It's become quite a routine now and gathers are played almost every night. It's a real success and gathers wouldn't have been that enjoyable for those players without Sephy. What's more, he's a referee and his help as all our staff members has been crucial for the maintaining of the NSL.

And one more...

@Supafred - There's so many things to say though. He provides plenty of servers. Probably the most famous in Europe and with good reasons. It's been lately the only way to get a nice experience on public. What you can notice on his servers is a lot of advices for new players, advertising for the NSL and other events or supporting the CDT in its work. Remove the Thirsty Onos and Supa from NS2 and the game would become quite sad I bet. He leads an NSL team called GIEF ROBOT and you know what? They even won Div 3 Season 6. One thing leads to another. He recruited Prommah in his team and just this, is a challenge. A challenge that requires a reward.

Good luck to all the nominated!
  • PrommahPrommah Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180293Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2015
    Pelargir wrote: »
    He recruited Prommah in his team and just this, is a challenge. A challenge that requires a reward.

You French bastard!
  • UniqueOneUniqueOne Finland Join Date: 2013-12-20 Member: 190367Members
    edited July 2015
    Edit: Cancel the nomination, i'm calling quits being an admin in NSL, good luck to the rest of the nominated persons.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited July 2015
    Remember though that @Sephy is like a pokemon trainer but for ns2 badges. He's addicted to them and wants to catch them all in his poke-balls, damn son of a gun
This discussion has been closed.