Cyclops Dismounting Teleportation Bug

FangtastixFangtastix Scotland Join Date: 2015-05-12 Member: 204422Members
I think that the next bug that should be addressed is where the Cyclops likes to throw the player out in a seemingly random location far away. This can be particularly annoying as having to swim back to your Cyclops or nearest base takes time without a Seaglide and can be dangerous depending on where you have been placed, meaning that if you are killed, you lose some loot which sucks. I understand that bugs can take a while to squash, especially random ones such as this so I understand if this is a difficult request :)

Comments

• Dosidicus_gigasDosidicus_gigas Monterey, California Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204316Members
    I agree that this bug needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I really like the cyclops, but I'm not building or testing them anymore because of this bug.
  • xandria0079xandria0079 Somewhere around nowhere Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204861Members
    Seems to happen to me everytime I am at a mushroom forest D:
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    What about to strafe right or left for all Submarines?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're aware of this bug, but cant find reproduction steps that work every time. Any help on this would be great!
  • FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
    I have had this happen as well, and when i constructed some surface land with Terraformer I was also launched a great distance away. may be an issue with the location. I can try and replicate the launch off the terrain, is there a way to show xyz coords in game?
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    xyz coords can be seen on the f1 menu.
  • xandria0079xandria0079 Somewhere around nowhere Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204861Members
    Seems this bug is still present in the 19095 build D:
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Obraxis said:
    We're aware of this bug, but cant find reproduction steps that work every time. Any help on this would be great!

I think it has something to do with the player dismounting while the sub is still decelerating, and/or ascending/descending. Players tend to spawn in random spots (beside, behind, or at the back of the compartment).
  • HenjiHenji Brazil Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201934Members
    Obraxis said:

I think it has something to do with the player dismounting while the sub is still decelerating, and/or ascending/descending. Players tend to spawn in random spots (beside, behind, or at the back of the compartment).
    It sems the problem goes deeper then that. 

This happens more frequently when the game starts to generate terrain.

ie: Was traviling to the mushroom forest to settle a new base and when i reach the area and go to desengage navigation my character is ported miles away as if he was swiming outside of the cyclops, also noted that when you move a few meters (still in the helm of the cyclops) your character moves a few meters inside the cyclops as well but i still bet this may be related to the terrain genration or character mounting animation wich is cleared bug since cyclop's release.

A quick suggestion in cyclops improvement as well: change the helm for a sit like the seamoth looks more futuristic and may help resolve the problem of teleportation if the latter option is the problem.

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    So, there is a rumor that this might be fixed: https://trello.com/c/HkZEEGoY/816-19095-random-teleport-warping-issue-s-reproduction-fest

If you get the issue after CS 19360, please let us knwo with as much detail as you can.

Please include logs, and if possible video and a screenshot of where you ended up with f1 open.