Submit Your Creature Ideas!

Dredghill1Dredghill1 Join Date: 2015-05-08 Member: 204292Members
edited May 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hey peeps; let's give the devs some fan submitted materials for creature concepts!

Here's one!

pqhg9ltxojnj.png
(Giant Sea Scorpion/Eurypterid)

Comments

• Crazy_GCrazy_G Slovakia Join Date: 2015-05-08 Member: 204295Members
    I dont know if devs already have something planned, but i feel the grassy planes (the red grass biome) needs a grazing herd animal.

i was toying with the idea of a Turtle-shrimp.
    A slow moving herbivore. With a hard scaly shell similar to a turtle. with multiple shrimp like legs and head.

To make them interesting, they could cultivate plants on their back for blending in, with a chance that the plant is a Spikeplant or Crashhome that would defend the Turtle-shrimp from predators or the player.
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
    how about sea urchins or sea stars? could be interesting.
    pqkshu0n2gk7.jpg
    vvenhukwa5lb.jpg
  • YellowFlyYellowFly Inside my room Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204213Members
    I'd be cool if there were some more friendly large animals, like the reef backs! Maybe some intimidating looking creature with three eyes on both sides of it's head, and a crab like body which scuttles around on the ground. That would definitely be cool to come across, in my opinion!
  • AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    While I cant provide a drawn creature immediatly I can provide a well description to a few creature I would like to see

1.Frogfish - passive - food 50 - h20 20
    something that is harder to catch then a peeper, but well worth catching. They swim in quick boost slowing down so they can move again. The best way to catch them is to sneak behind them when they aren't paying attention. When everything is peaceful they make short bursts of movement that doesn't propel them very far. But when in danger they move frantically to get away from that said danger making it tough to chase.

Best way to catch them is to take off your fins(those flippers) and take your time to catch one.

2.Spike Burster - defensive - dmg 5 per spike
    Like the gasopods when you get too close to these fish they release spikes from their body. Less dangerous than the gasopod but much more prettier. Basically they look like a transparent pufferfish, they have the same spike as the spike plant but much smaller. The spikes cover a majority of its body but the face. Now alone these guys are manigable but when in a pack they can cause massive damage.

Just stay away from them pretty much

3.Sound Breaker - hostile - dmg 50
    A dangerous creature that relies on sound and movement to kill its prey. Though they may be blind any sudden movement you make, they can detect it. Their primary attack is a loud sonar screech, its close range with a wide spread. Most damaging creature that doesn't one shot you. It looks like an eel, transparent skin and you can see its blue flesh. The recent creature the shocker(that will soon be implemented) are its rival.

They are most common in the koosh zone, but can rarely be seen in other, never seen in the safe shallows.

I could come up with more but 3 is good enough, anyone wanna try and draw one of these creature are well welcomed to do so.

But draw it in subnautica style art, I dont think I can mimic that style, but I've seen others do that.
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
    What has occurred to me is that there no shells are!

Also would be more the clam meat food source and maybe you could beads use the gather?
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    Loving all these ideas :) Feel free to post these on my discussion titled "Subnautica Wildlife"
  • InogoodatUsernameInogoodatUsername Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203377Members
    The cyclops shark should be a really rare encounter but you should also be able to tame it and keep it as a pet.
  • RipredRipred United States Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204341Members
    I'd like a deep sea boundary keeper. At about 1500 meters below (give or take a few hundred), this titanic sea monster that makes the Reaper Leviathan look like a toothpick would show up and completely wreck you. It's pitch black down there, so it'd need to be almost completely bioluminescent for you to see it. Also angler fish. They'd probably hop in from about 1200m to the point where the boundary keeper spawns.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    There would have to be some way to get past the boundary keeper, otherwise there would be no point.
  • InogoodatUsernameInogoodatUsername Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203377Members
    Some of these look really cool. But really? Plesioth from monster hunter?
  • AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    I would like to see some giant flying creature that swoops down into the water and tries to grab you
  • TurtleDuDe48TurtleDuDe48 newzealand Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204354Members
    i say we need some sorta colour changing creature which would sorta be a mix between a cuttle fish 9qqor0x1hm9k.jpg
    a jelly fish and a saw shark also im to lazy to add a image of a jelly fish and a saw shark soz
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    I'd like some kind of pet like critter.. something that follows me around, inside bases as well, maybe a crab.. or a small shoal that swims around me. Or even a sea horse like thing. Something you can feed, besides the stalker.

Also playful like leviathans they don't try to kill you, just knock you around abit or drag you down into water then flick you away. Things that make the game fun without making it frustrating or killing you.
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
    So nobody likes the sketches? Ok
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    What the game really needs more of is smaller fish. I'd personally be ok with a series of small, non-interactable scenery fish added to the game, and I mean a lot, because as of now the game feels really empty, and just adding more interactable fish that actually take up processing power would bog down the game that much more, making it even harder to run.

As much as I love massive sea creatures, and I mean LOVE, we already have the reaper and the reefback, and we're getting close to having the full scale sea emperor (which, unless the devs change their mind, should dwarf the reaper) and the crab snake, both of which are supposed to be very large. I feel like that's enough for the short term, for now I just want to actually be able to see more stuff. The reefs should actually look like a reef, not the fish equivalent of a ghost town.
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    So nobody likes the sketches? Ok

I really do, they're awesome! But maybe people just don't have much to say about them... Like me.
    Those creatures should just be made more alien looking. Nothing else wrong with them.

Fluffers wrote: »
    What the game really needs more of is smaller fish. I'd personally be ok with a series of small, non-interactable scenery fish added to the game, and I mean a lot, because as of now the game feels really empty, and just adding more interactable fish that actually take up processing power would bog down the game that much more, making it even harder to run.

For some areas, maybe. The sea should feel empty sometimes. Safe shallows and kelp forests are populated enough for me, though I'd like to see some more variety in species. What I'd really like to see is some open water species. And maybe some more life in grassy plateaus. I'll say nothing about other biomes, since they are still under development.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited May 2015
    Ummm...

Most of these new critters are basically 'Instant Death On A Stick'.

Some rather awesome illustrations here to be sure, but knowing there's something like THOSE UNHOLY ABOMINATIONS waiting out there...

NOPE!

Well, let's just say that Bleeders, Crashes and Reaper Leviathans are quite enough to give most folks a damn good reason to craft a clean wetsuit.
    It probably wouldn't hurt to have a few bizarre shellfish, an odd cephalopod or two ('Mimic Squid') or even a wacky crustacean sidekick.

I live in the proverbial 'Land Down Under'. Yes, it's basically (mostly) true what they say about Oz.
    Pretty much everything that isn't obviously 'cute and cuddly' in Oz probably wants to kill you. Matter of fact, most of it does.
    Sometimes, even the cute and cuddly ones get a bit stroppy too. Kangaroos and wallabies are actually highly skilled MMA fighters.

Blue-Ringed Octopus, Irukandji Jellyfish, Box Jellyfish, Cone Shells and Stonefish aren't actually Kaiju-sized city-killers.
    With the exception of the Box Jellyfish, most of these beasties are less than 12 inches (300mm) in size.

All deadly, or at least extremely venomous to the point of "Kill meeee nowwwww..."

'Bigger' doesn't necessarily mean 'badder'. I love reefbacks. Best damn alien whale analogue ever.

If you really want to scare the living faecal matter out of a Subnautica diver, design your ideal aquatic Xeno-Murderbeast like this: Fairly small, pelagic,
    almost completely transparent, swims in vast shoals that suddenly materialize as if from nowhere, and capable of rending its victims apart within seconds.

Imagine a shoal of near-invisible, extremely irritable piranha, cranked up on PCP.

Now go and change your wetsuit.
  • LagaLagaLagaLaga Las Vegas Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204957Members
    I think there should be more creatures on the new land biome. (Or Aurora) But I dont want it to take away from the whole underwater as the main setting thing. So as a first, some kind of bleeder-like enemy on land. Something that's hostile, but you don't need a knife to kill. I'm thinking some kind of insect? Like a big assassin bug. It would jump on you, and then you would lose some health. It keeps sucking your blood, and you have to more like swat it.cb0tqb8u2ci8.jpg
  • 5Raptorboy5Raptorboy Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205021Members
    It would be awesome if when you went to the drop off at the end of the map, there would be a rare chance to see an absolutely massive sea trader like creature slowly walk into the field of view, then out. I could see a lot of people getting scared at that. You couldn't touch it or anything, but considering that you can see it, it must mean it's tall enough to reach the ocean floor 3000 meters below...