Please, please! Add more facilities/modules!

ChontoChonto USA Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204601Members
Anything beyond simple corridors and windows would be great. Perhaps an observation room? Airlocks? Or how about text/decals to decorate the exterior? Anything! You can only get so creative using horizontal tubes (oh, what if they could be placed vertically :open_mouth: ). y5ry23ne6km6.jpg

In particular, I think a better design for ladders/ladderwells is much needed, cuz this mess is a nightmare to use. fy63l4g03m6j.jpg6i1jc1ew99er.jpg

I'm sure y'all have plans for this stuff in the long run. Nonetheless, GREAT job so far! One of the best games I've played in a while.

2.jpg 550.3K
3.jpg 367.5K
1.jpg 394.2K

Comments

• conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Have you taken a look at the developer's Trello database? Here is what's coming real soon:

Moon base:
    moon_pool_in_game.jpg

Glass hallway sections:
    glass_hallway_sections_in_game.jpg
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if the moon base will actally look like this, but it's the image also found in the Trello database under "To do", labelled "Moon pool rig"

Moonpool_DetailSheet.jpg
  • AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    Hell, it would be cool if it did look like that
  • ChontoChonto USA Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204601Members
    Holy shit, no! I haven't seen those! Now THAT'S what's up.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Yes! Glass corridors, so that I can feel like a sea hamster :lol: . Really though, that new stuff looks really cool. Now if only one could build more than 2 or 3 of the glass corridors without totally depleting your world of quartz :disappointed:
  • ChontoChonto USA Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204601Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Yes! Glass corridors, so that I can feel like a sea hamster :lol: . Really though, that new stuff looks really cool. Now if only one could build more than 2 or 3 of the glass corridors without totally depleting your world of quartz :disappointed:

This. :cry:
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    It's probably worth mentioning that quartz (SiO2) is one of the major components of ordinary beach sand.

Damn shame we can't just scoop up a few handfuls of sand, pop it in the Fabricator and make a sheet of glass...

Aw, hell no. :(
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    On the plus side, I'm glad that the moon-pool and base module ideas look like being implemented.

Time for a Happy Dance.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Damn shame we can't just scoop up a few handfuls of sand, pop it in the Fabricator and make a sheet of glass...
    I'd agree as long as it takes a large number (like 20-30) scoops of sand to make one glass. This would still keep quartz as a desirable item.
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    edited May 2015
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    It's probably worth mentioning that quartz (SiO2) is one of the major components of ordinary beach sand.

Aw, hell no. :(

In the old versions it was used sand to make glass ... I do not know why they changed
  • BingohasBingohas UK Join Date: 2015-04-20 Member: 203667Members
    @PsyBoot

I would imagine in the future there will be another device to do that.
  • C04LC04L UK Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203217Members
    edited May 2015
    I would really like some bigger rooms though, even make some rooms that look like labs, ala, from the Nostromo (Alien films) as an idea. would love to flesh out the analasys and research paths.
    So much potential with this game, and running sooo smooth i forget its a WIP !!!

Awesome work Dev's , keep it up.
  • FormousFormous USA Join Date: 2015-01-19 Member: 200918Members
    I am getting worried there may be too much focus on bases. While more modules would be nice, some people would prefer something else to look at or use. Some here would like to see a new Home base Submarine that is larger then the Cyclops for example.
  • Dosidicus_gigasDosidicus_gigas Monterey, California Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204316Members
    I think we just need two more kinds of rooms to make most of the base builders happy.

1. Vertical corridors. Oh god, do we need these. I'm so tired of have to put a bunch of corridors on top of each other in order to go up or down any kind of significant distance. It just looks sooo ugly.

2. A standard room. Make it roughly the size of the X corridor, but obviously the corners would be filled out to make it more of a box. Then if you put to such standard rooms next to each other, the wall in between them could vanish (just like corridor connections already do) allowing the player to create a wide variety of rooms. Also, maybe later, the floor/ceiling in between 2 rooms placed one on top of the other could similarly be removed or the option to remove portions of the floor could be allowed with the builder tool, allowing for higher ceilings and balconies.

If you want specific rooms to have specific uses, put the appropriate equipment/furniture inside. Want a science lab? Place the fragment and specimen analyzers. A workshop? Fabricator and workbench. Cargo hold? Boxes and lockers. Since these objects can also be placed on subs as well, once we have a standard room adding a wider variety of such objects will improve both base building options and sub equipment options at the same time.
  • FluffySpacePrincessFluffySpacePrincess Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204754Members
    What if instead of putting stuff like specimine analyzers and stuff in a room to make it a lab, what if you could craft them INTO the room, to get a lab room that has stuff like sciency displays, and scanners, and beakers and stuff! So it would be like the requirement for a base room, but also all the parts you would need for a fragment analyzer, a fabricator, a specimen analyzer, and a work bench. And then for a cargo hold, you would craft it with the small boxes in addition to the base titanium, that way it's design could be more fleshed out than a bunch of lockers and boxes sitting on the floor.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited May 2015
    Without the Seamoth, the Moonpool looks a bit like a swimming pool - Complete with diving board. :)

Okay so, to relax from a hard days swimming around in the ocean, we will take a recreational swim. :p
  • aussie_heartaussie_heart Australia Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204864Members
    WOW! Now this is getting me excited! :smiley: Additional rooms are really important.

(1) Bedroom. (with your own bed that does time cycles from day to night)
    (2) Mancave. (with awesome upcoming weather LCD screens)
    (3) Radar. (so you can see if anything big is swiming by your base)
    (4) Workbench area. (swimsuit upgrades, tool upgrades)
    (5) Doors! (if a section of your base is about to get flooded you can seal off that part until you go out and repair, Also would be cool to open and close at will)
    (6) Living wild life aquatic pen. (you can keep all your fish you catch for supply, maybe something like an attatched titanium fence)
    (7) Docking station or airlock / like your Moon Pool. (but to dock medium subs to your base)

If this game ever gets weather effects like storms? Outside lights! For night time cycles and stormy/overcast weather?

If this ever goes to multiplayer. Base alarms (you can trigger an alarm on/off for a warning)
    Here's a more final file showing the exterior and interior of the soon to be implemented seabase moon pool room
    https://skfb.ly/EyRF

Also being worked on are generic rooms that are quite a bit larger then the corridors, and which can be vertically stacked to be as many stories high as the player wants. An all glass dome ceiling observatory style room is also in the works.

We have quite a few additional base related plans, as well, so seabases, will be getting fleshed out quite a bit in the near future.

• JP193JP193 UK Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204597Members
    A small conversation about bases led to a dev personally giving an inside hint at what's coming, even linking a 3D model of a major feature.
    Best. Community. Ever.

Also, I'm SO hyped for glass corridors and of course the rooms Squeal' said about... Such a gorgeous world, so of course I want to gaze out into it.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Also being worked on are generic rooms that are quite a bit larger then the corridors, and which can be vertically stacked to be as many stories high as the player wants. An all glass dome ceiling observatory style room is also in the works.

Sounds like a lot of glass. Quartz will be in high demand as always, so I hope it will become somehow renewable or otherwise more plentiful.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Formous wrote: »
    I am getting worried there may be too much focus on bases. While more modules would be nice, some people would prefer something else to look at or use. Some here would like to see a new Home base Submarine that is larger then the Cyclops for example.

Bases are where I hope to stock up and resupply while I decide what section of the sea to explore next. As I hopefully imput signals and sea what areas I have explored and which signals I have yet to check out. Or even as I stock up on supplies or examine the tech I unlocked with the fragment analyzer as I was out on my last expedition.

Bases might not be important to you. But for me, it's a nice change of pace to have to walk around in the building I created and purposed for my needs. Heck, I put in an observation deck just to be able to walk around and see...well not much being on the seabed biome. But it's still cool to see a Reefback swim by my base with my Cyclops floating off to starboard. :D
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig is it normal that right now in experimental we can't see or construct any of these new modules?
    According to your trello database the moon pool room is in the "done" section?
    TerraBlade wrote: »
    Bases might not be important to you. But for me, it's a nice change of pace to have to walk around in the building I created and purposed for my needs. Heck, I put in an observation deck just to be able to walk around and see...well not much being on the seabed biome. But it's still cool to see a Reefback swim by my base with my Cyclops floating off to starboard. :D

Besides, if they ever implement some sort of decompression mechanism, bases will become critical as pit-stops when you want to ascend from depths...

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited May 2015
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig is it normal that right now in experimental we can't see or construct any of these new modules?
    According to your trello database the moon pool room is in the "done" section?

"Done" in trello doesn't mean those features are implemented. They might need tweaking, fixing, bug testing and other stuff. Also, the moon pool leaflet that is done is labeled 'Art', so it might mean that just the 3D-model and textures of it are ready. Check Moon pool animations to follow developement progress.