Translation of the game

SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
I just wanted to point out that if anyone is interested in helping translating the game, you can do so by going here:
http://translate.unknownworlds.com/translations

I'm the only one who translated the danish parts, and I'd like at least 2 or 3 other people looking over it to get it right.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to translate craftables and consumeables since it would make it a living hell to get international help.

Comments

• ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    I'm going to work full time on the Spanish language and see if I can help on Italian and Portuguese.

If anyone else here speaks a language besides English then be sure to help or rate the content so the dev's can work with accurate and good translations.

We owe them that much.
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
    Just finnished my 2.30 hour finnish translation streak! Over 300 words translated!
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited May 2015
    I've checked the translation system, and it seems like a great concept! But the interface still needs lots of work to feel comfortable. Is there a way to give some feedback on that? :smile:
    Punkero wrote: »
    Just finnished my 2.30 hour finnish translation streak! Over 300 words translated!

I've checked some of the translations and most of them were OK. There were some spelling mistakes, tho.
    (I lolled so hard on that 'Pekka-kala' :smiley: Just perfect. I assume it was translated by you?)
    SalmonJEDl wrote: »
    I've checked the translation system, and it seems like a great concept! But the interface still needs lots of work to feel comfortable. Is there a way to give some feedback on that? :smile:

I've checked some of the translations and most of them were OK. There were some spelling mistakes, tho.
    (I lolled so hard on that 'Pekka-kala' :smiley: Just perfect. I assume it was translated by you?)

Yea its pretty hard to not do any spelling mistakes, even in your native language. Yea Pekka-kala was from me :smiley:
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    edited May 2015

You can send an email to Lukas (lukas@unknownworlds.com) He develops the application...
    Currently I believe he is prioritizing put all the strings in the system.
    But he already has a list of things to improve inside the app ...
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    I can give a help with the french translation
    edited May 2015
    So, I have a serious problem with the translation system: I can't log in. The only way I can access my account there is by using forgotten password -thing, which automatically logs me in after changing the password. But after logging out, the system doesn't recognise my passw anymore. I have never been able to log in normally. I changed my password 5 times, and wrote it on a paper every time, so this is not because of a typo. I've contacted devs, and according to them the identification system should work properly.

So, if someone knows what's going on, please tell me. How can I fix this? Are others facing the same problem? I've tried to google solutions, but none of the suggestions I found works.
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    edited May 2015
    So, I have a serious problem with the translation system: I can't log in. The only way I can access my account there is by using forgotten password -thing, which automatically logs me in after changing the password. But after logging out, the system doesn't recognise my passw anymore. I have never been able to log in normally. I changed my password 5 times, and wrote it on a paper every time, so this is not because of a typo. I've contacted devs, and according to them the identification system should work properly.

So, if someone knows what's going on, please tell me. How can I fix this? Are others facing the same problem? I've tried to google solutions, but none of the suggestions I found works.

This happened to me once, but after changing the password fix..
    @AceDude (Bringing his attention to the topic)
    I sent a message for him to come look at the topic...
    But the best way is you send an email...Give more details so he can find the error... change the password to something easy like 123456 and asks him to test later...
    AceDude email: Lukas@unknownworlds.com
    edited May 2015
    PsyBoot wrote: »
    This happened to me once, but after changing the password fix..
    @AceDude (Bringing his attention to the topic)
    I sent a message for him to come look at the topic...
    But the best way is you send an email...Give more details so he can find the error... change the password to something easy like 123456 and asks him to test later...
    AceDude email: Lukas@unknownworlds.com

As I said, I've contacted devs already (Lukas@unknownworlds.com), and it seems they shouldn't have problems on their side. I found out that this kind of thing happens sometimes (not being able to log in certain sites), but all the fixes I found didn't work.

EDIT: Apparently there were some problems on the server side, but everything is now fixed.
    edited June 2015
    Just bumping this up.
    Also if you are a finnish and have some free time, then please help us whit the finnish translation. We got most of the translation figured out, but there are somethings that we cant decide. 
  • j.diazmecoj.diazmeco spain Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205314Members
    ArkStrike said:
    I'm going to work full time on the Spanish language and see if I can help on Italian and Portuguese.

If anyone else here speaks a language besides English then be sure to help or rate the content so the dev's can work with accurate and good translations.

We owe them that much.
    I've been following the project, and I'm a spanish voice actor. Any interest in doing the spanish voice samples?I have my own studio and other actors.