Realistic Subnautica Suggestions

TKLTKL Germany Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204406Members
This Discussion is for Realistic and fitting Suggestions for Subnautica. Of course, we all want big fucking Lasers and Explosions, but sometimes, things like that don't really fit into the scenario. This is why i created this Thread. Post suggestions you think are fitting here.

Comments

• TKLTKL Germany Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204406Members
    To start things off, i'll leave my suggestions here:

-Communications, Supply capsules:
    -Right now, the Aurora isn't much more than just another Area with Special Loot. But what if players were able to use or salvage the ships Long-Range communication Systems, and repair them to make contact with, for example, another colonized planet "nearby" (Meaning about a Solar System away). This could result in supply drops with special food and healing Items, resources, Parts, and maybe even new vehicles.

-Mind-Control:
    -A new feature i like is befriending the Stalkers using Peepers. But these guys end up being pretty useless due to their limited intelligence and the time they stay friendly. Maybe the players could construct a device to manipulate the Stalker's brain, (Which is not as "out there" as one may think) and then have him permanently controlled. This way you could use him to guard an Area, bring you metal, blueprints or fish, accompany you...
  • NukesnipeNukesnipe United States Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204370Members
    "Realistic" okay yeah this might be a good thread...
    "Mind control" lol yeah nope. Domestication is possible, mind control isn't. It'd likely be more of a positive reinforcement sort of thing, training stalkers with peepers fed to them as a reward.
    I just used "Mind Control" because "Interneural Regulator" is probably not going to be understood by 90% of the peeps here. A Stalker doesn't seem to be more intelligent than a Wolf, so a few electroshocks in the right brain regions could make them 100% controllable. Remember that we have A GUN THAT STOPS TIME AROUND AN OBJECT. If we can have THAT, we can have fish implants.
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    TKL wrote: »
    I just used "Mind Control" because "Interneural Regulator" is probably not going to be understood by 90% of the peeps here. A Stalker doesn't seem to be more intelligent than a Wolf, so a few electroshocks in the right brain regions could make them 100% controllable. Remember that we have A GUN THAT STOPS TIME AROUND AN OBJECT. If we can have THAT, we can have fish implants.

You are a scientist, you co-exist and learn from the environment and those who live in it.

You don't control anything but your own work.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I think that you are confusing the word "scientist" with "pacifist". Being a scientist dose not automatically exclude you from influencing your environment. That being said, I don't think that mind control is a good idea. I feel like the game should not have any more unrealistic, speculative technology than it already dose. Also, note that a stalker is a creature from another planet, so its brain would likely be structured in a totally different way from creatures on earth, and we don't understand those yet in the first place. Your character would have no idea where to even PUT the electrodes!
  • NukesnipeNukesnipe United States Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204370Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    I think that you are confusing the word "scientist" with "pacifist". Being a scientist dose not automatically exclude you from influencing your environment. That being said, I don't think that mind control is a good idea. I feel like the game should not have any more unrealistic, speculative technology than it already dose. Also, note that a stalker is a creature from another planet, so its brain would likely be structured in a totally different way from creatures on earth, and we don't understand those yet in the first place. Your character would have no idea where to even PUT the electrodes!

"Okay, now if this is anything like a dolphin, I just zap right here..."
    "Crap, that was the aggression cente-AH CRAP CRAP MY ARM!"
    "Okay, now if this is anything like a dolphin, I just zap right here..."
    "Crap, that was the aggression cente-AH CRAP CRAP MY ARM!"
    [/quote]

This is actually how scientifict discoveries are being made: Experiments and PAAAAAAAAIN
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    True, but I would not think that while stranded on an planet is the best time to be experimenting on dangerous animals like that...
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    Do you really want subnautica to be yet another game with a generic "minion" or pet?

No?

Didn't think so.

This is a game about an alien planet, how "realistic" do you think it should be?

While I think that there should be some "nature" like feeding, breeding and social/territorial behaviors amongst the creatures, let's leave the realism to more realistic games.
  • MethesdaMethesda New Zealand Join Date: 2015-05-13 Member: 204441Members
    I think maybe the OP needs to define 'realistic', as some of his statement appear to be in contradiction.

Do you mean realistic, as in their is a realistic chance that they can be developed for the game perhaps?
  • WillieWhiteWillieWhite USA Join Date: 2015-05-12 Member: 204425Members
    Here is an idea I thought of while watching some of the many YouTube videos already out one this game... I noticed that as beautiful and detailed the biomes under the ocean are there could be more. And by more I mean the possibility of long lost destroyed civilizations or even underwater caverns that support air breathing life ... Kinda like in journey to the center of the earth. Or like the op said salvaging and repairing some of the long range comes gear and using it to track and find other previously unheard distress beacons from deep under water from say some other crashed alien species. Where you can explore the wreck and get some tech and or materials to build different and deeper going vessels. Just some off the wall ideas.
  • LawsenLawsen United States of America Join Date: 2015-03-29 Member: 202719Members
    I've seen many proposals to introduce multiplayer into the game. One way that you could implement it is maybe modify the escape pod to hold stasis chambers for multiple people. On single player, there can be empty compartments though they can fill up as initial spawning points for people on multiplayer. Or maybe have a section of the ship holding stasis pods launched onto a shallow region of coral or on an island and the same deal between single and multiplayer.