New base sketches

Comments

• papragupapragu Home Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202455Members
    really good job m8, love the designs.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
  • DaleftenantDaleftenant NJ Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203941Members
    So i think it would be really nice if the ladder was changed to an object in the corridors to a compartment of its own, with an access hatch, that would make stacking ladders much easier and do away with the kind of appearance-breaking way in which a person has to create a corridor for ladders and how multi-story ladders just aren't happening right now. if there were a clearly marked point on the ladder entry that would denote up or down.

At least that's my opinion after hours for trying to make the ladders cooperate.
  • Mshelp19Mshelp19 Cananda Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202441Members
  • dxmorphinedxmorphine FL Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204264Members
    Honestly I love the sketch you did for the Cyclops Docking Station but in my opinion I feel it should be docked horizontal to vertical. The best way I can explain it is as a tube-like segment the Cyclops can ride into through animation (like how the Seamoth enters the Cyclops), and is secured by mechanical arms that latch onto it and elevate it. The design would also allow you to suggest to the devs that the segment would give a "launch" buff to the Cyclops; increasing the speed it travels for a short period of time. You could also try to modify your current sketch to give the Cyclops a bit more security, judging by the design it looks to still be exposed the the dangers of the pcean. Such a valuable vehicle should have a bit more security to it's docking area. I love the designs for everything else though. Just a little positive critique/opinion. I would love to see some sketches based off some suggestions I have for the devs though if you're up for it.
  • OriberusOriberus Germany Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204263Members
    Really nice designs Tarek :)

It is actually planned it seed it on this island or from the spaceship is that you can use to plant itself created Islands (with the Terraforma)?

This is the real reason why we are flown here to the terraforming :)

What great would be who we areas mapping for example scan system with 4 buoys could with a buoy at a great distance in the square to be you could scan an area, for example, and transferred as a part of a personal card.

A bio-Scan probe that warns wen approaching some big dangerous from the depth would be nice too.
  • ShagohadShagohad Earth Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203053Members
    How about an energy field base attachment that projects some kind of stasis or force shield around an area? Another awesome idea would be a scanner array.
  • KodasaKodasa New Zealand Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203545Members
    Shagohad wrote: »
    How about an energy field base attachment that projects some kind of stasis or force shield around an area? Another awesome idea would be a scanner array.

If we had to design a shield, I think the shield module should be a small command centre type thing with a rotating dish or emitter on top of it, like the radar on a boat.

There should then be small pylons that you build detached from the rest of the base, allowing you to customize the size and shape of your repulsor field. Or perhaps a sonic fence or something. My point is that it shouldn't just be a module that extends a set distance, but rather something customizable.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I like the plasma cannon, and I actually have a though about leathal weapons: give killing things severe consequences. For example, if you kill a lot of stalkers, then the peeper population explodes and they eat all of your acid mushrooms. Good luck getting power now! It would make killing things a bad option.
    yes i made it for the huge monsters that wont let you explore certain areas
    Yea, stick that thing on a cyclops and you can deal with those pesky leviathans. I once was under siege from one of those in my cyclops, I thought I would run out of power and be stuck, but there seems to be a bug where the power wont drop below 1% :expressionless: .
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    I really, really want a flare torpedo.

For the seamoth, specifically.
  • SlippitySlapsSlippitySlaps PNW Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203974Members
    The problem with weapons is that once you have a weapon capable of killing the apex predator, survival becomes secondary. The player must always be wary of the Leviathan because there is no absolute way to kill it, and I think that's a quality that shouldn't be tampered with. Once the player can kill anything, there is no more cautious exploring. Survival games lose luster when there is no reason to be careful.
    Well, my thinking is that something like the plasma cannon would be to the Reaper what the knife is to more normal creatures: a few hits will likely scare it off, you can only kill it if you really chase it down and keep on it. But there would be no reason too, you gain nothing, so you may as well just let it go. Weapons should always leave you still weaker than the top predators.
  • InogoodatUsernameInogoodatUsername Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203377Members
    You should have a laser pistol with a long recharge time that can temporarily stun creatures. This would be a long range knife.
    Presumably it will stun them longer than the stasis rifle then?
  • AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    Laser pistol, like a long ranged knife, I'm assuming it not only stuns them but does the same damage as a knife would.
    the game MUST add a way to deal with huge 50+ meter long monsters ... imagine ur 1000 meters deep ... no where to hide and a 100 meter long squidlion thingy starts smashing your cyclops to bits
  • Nuki255Nuki255 US Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200658Members
    Dude no. Don't realize we are the terrible invaders of this majestic sea area? The mission was to search, and no explorers/conquerors ever travelled with weapons. No no no no. The apex predators must exist to validate our efforts in the game, destroying them or even just allowing us to build weapons of any type would ruin EVERYTHING!!!!!oneoneone!!!!!

*removes tongue from cheek*

Its been discussed to death. No reason to discuss it here, this thread is one of the best in terms of quality suggestions. Turning it into a debate on weapons will ruin that.
    Not kill but deter the weapon should you should stop test.

where a cloaking generator would be also nice ^^

But there are also animals such as the shark whilst electrical signals can.
    Cloaking, oh man that is such a great idea...

Cloaker, a fish that can cloak, you decide wether its hostile or not

For when the transfuser gets fully implemented, and the upgrades are finished you can upgrade the soon to be dive suit so that you can cloak with it

great idea oriberus
    On the topic of Base suggestions. Tarek. Do you think you could sketch up a few ideas, or at least they'll be food for thought?

~ Repulsor Field Antenna
    Something central that you'd place in the center of your base. Perhaps it could be like a ladder in the sense that it could be placed on top of any module. However it should have a control computer with it, or tie into the Command Center module.

~ Repulsor Field Pylons
    Small fence post type designs that do not need to be attached to the main base, however require an antenna on the base to function. Do not need their own power supply. Once all linked it creates a field that prevents all objects and entities from entering, including all players and monsters.

~ Repulsor Identity Card/Chip/Module
    A small, handheld device that the player may fit into their dive suit, which will allow them to pass through the field undeterred. This will transfer to any submarine they are driving at the time, meaning you do not require more than one. In a multiplayer game they need to be linked to the repulsor field by way of the computer (They're crafted blank) and are bound to the player who links them.

~ Chemistry set for the inside of the lab.
    I mentioned it in the Seafood dishes, I think Chemistry could hold an interesting place in the game, especially for creating synthetic pheromones and such, could tie into fish breeding.

~ Small Fish Nursery
    Something similar to an real life one, lots of small, open topped tanks, placed inside your base. Good for breeding anything smaller than a stalker.

~ Sonic Emitters/Speakers + Radio Antenna.
    Personal flight of fancy on this, and not the most important of additions, but I love the idea of having radio signals audible in the game. Due to some contrived flavour text it could be said your transmissions cannot break free of the atmosphere, it's like they're trapped. However you could sit by the radio, and tune it manually, perhaps you could pick up certain frequencies like... the galactic radio from home, where you can hear news updates about earth several hundred years in the past. I think it could be possible to pick up on trapped transmissions that are bouncing around the ecosphere too, like say... the transmissions of the crew on board the Aurora, the radio waves having bounced around the ecosphere since the crash. I also like the idea of taking a leaf out of GTA San Andreas' book, and having a folder where you can place your own MP3 Tracks and have them show up on a radio station in game.

As I said, the radio idea isn't super important, but I do think it would add flavour to the game, perhaps aid a bit in fleshing out the story. The antenna could also double as a beacon for your base, meaning you don't need to also make a beacon.
    ok its a huge stun gun :D im all for non lethal

add an electrical blast that defends our subs ??? it would be great and none combat-y
  • Cataclysm315Cataclysm315 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204190Members
    These seriously look amazing! I really hope they take these and put them in. My favorite out of the lot is the plantation, being able to grow our own food would make this game a lot more fun and give bases more of a purpose.
    edited May 2015
    tarek wrote: »
    ok its a huge stun gun :D im all for non lethal

add an electrical blast that defends our subs ??? it would be great and none combat-y

The plasma cannon could use plasma in it's firing process, instead of using it as actual ammunition. It super heats plasma in special tanks that combine a chemical into the mix as well. This creates large capsules of plasma that are filled with the noxious gas from this process, perhaps in a compressed form. The capsule is fired at the big creature, it bursts open with an area of effect impact, an explosion of compressed air that pushes this noxious gas into the water around it. The initial explosion scares and displaces smaller creatures, and large creatures are "horrified" or caused to hallucinate by the gas that they inhale, this causes them to run away from the area until the gas wears off. The gas would only last for a few seconds before dissipating and becoming harmless. However in the system of a creature it could last like... 20 seconds to a minute.

The "hot" plasma is not lethal as the water has cooled it by the time it hits the target. The compressed gas inside is what causes the plasma shell to burst, so even if you miss it'll detonate after a point.
    Is actually a salt water filter system planned?

There they also in stages of development have to be invented only in the laboratory.

For example, the player might character through the airbag fish whom he sets in the laboratory into the scanner be inspired.

Level 1: 1 x bottle of water a day.

level 2: 1 X bottle water + 1 x small bottle of water a day.

Level 3: 2 x bottle of water a day.

level 4: 2 X bottle water + 1 x small bottle of water a day.

Level 5: 3 x bottle of water a day.

So that everything runs smoothly and the filter needs to be replaced, should be not too easy ^^
    oh man we really need a factory/refinery :P also if the game is not making any combat stuff I have some amazing none lethal weapons in my brain
    Go ahead mate lets see it