Things we DON'T need!

LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
First off, I apologize for flooding the Discussion session with new discussions. There are afew things in Subnautica that could be put off in development in favor of other things. This is POSITIVE ( @phalaguim Apparently NOT is negative ;) )! This discussion is to help the devs see not only what the players want, but also what we can wait for. Patience from the community helps keeps the pressure off of the good guys.

(I may have flibbergibbed my wording some, but I hope the message came through right.)

Comments

• theodoulostheodoulos United States Join Date: 2015-04-14 Member: 203448Members
    edited April 2015
    Personally I can wait a bit on extra biomes and sub mods (naturally finishing what they already started though)

Edit: also the devs are doing a great job so far...sometimes by being part of early access discussions like this sometimes feel like I'm coming across as a demanding customer vs. A player interested in giving ideas
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    Cyclops is probably the only large sub we need right now. I'd rather everything else be given love and attention.
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    Sometimes I see people saying things like "The Cyclops isn't big enough, and feels like a mission vehicle" which I disagree with very much.
  • AliBAliB Join Date: 2015-04-21 Member: 203699Members
    There isn't that much stuff implemented yet and what's in by now is pretty awesome. Personally I would have waited implementing the Crashsite until much much later. The aurora is too cool to be implemented this early and therefor kind of a cliffhanger to the final game.
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    @Ratskrone I do think a starter kit makes logical sense though. While the items shouldn't be completely random, it does make sense. Maybe the developers should make it where only x, y, and z can show up in the storage area.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    the map they must work on the map and the creatures me thinks
  • LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    I'd personally prefer map expansion to fancier creatures and such. The world as it is, is sooooo small (comparatively.) I could do without fancy stuff right now if they just expanded the map.
  • leopardsp0tsleopardsp0ts Canada Join Date: 2015-04-27 Member: 203887Members
    Lagiacrus wrote: »
    I'd personally prefer map expansion to fancier creatures and such. The world as it is, is sooooo small (comparatively.) I could do without fancy stuff right now if they just expanded the map.

I'd love for there to be some kind of automatic cartography that as you discover and explore it fills in a map for you so you can more easily revisit places you have been.

Things I don't really need are:
    - Multiples of the same item blueprint. I can't tell you how annoying I think it is to come across 10 seamoth blueprints and not be able to do anything with them. Maybe instead of being completely useless the blueprints (if you've already discovered it) could be used for something else?
    - I don't really need more vehicles than the ones I have (right now) I'd rather the dev team concentrate on putting in some story, fleshing out the environment and adding points of interest.
    - I don't need/want/expect any lethal weapons. This one is kinda useless to put down because the team has already stated that they don't want to be going in that direction anyway but I figured I would put it down since I am strongly opposed to lethal weapons in this game.

• PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    edited April 2015
    I think the starter kit should be whats on the wall of the escape pod, a first aid kit. Maybe a single air tank and some flippers in a storage and some basic rations. The escape pod you start in is quite possibly the most ill equipped escape pod in history. Add wear n tear and you'll need to make more flippers as well so it isn't a great boost to starting. Add recycling and we could remove the need to turn the new planet into a dump.

Oh and NOT is Negative. ;)
  • neo9876neo9876 netherlands Join Date: 2015-04-25 Member: 203821Members
    No more weapons to be added, lethal and none-.