SN Public Playtest Feedback from 04/21/15

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Please leave feedback, bugs pictures and repo-steps in here!

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    Saving while in a seamoth makes the player appear outside the seamoth after loading. The view also moves around while using the menu.

Reproduction steps:
    - Get in a seamoth
    - Save the game (note the view moves around as you move the mouse to get to the save button)
    - Exit and reload the game
    - Note that the player is no longer driving the seamoth. In some cases, you can hear the collision noise and the player bounces around a bit at load.

Expected result:
    If the player saved while inside a sub, they should still be inside it when they reload the game.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    None of my save games are showing with any details about the save (timestamp etc.)

This happens with my old save from quite a while ago which has been saved in the latest build (top save), as well as a brand new game in any mode saved as well (2nd save).

Expected Result:
    Details should be shown on the save games, such as timestamp and game type.

VFFHjhP.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Beaching yourself in a seamoth can get you stuck in it and you can't exit.

Reproduction steps:
    - Enter a seamoth
    - Leap out of the water onto some land (i.e. at the location in the screenshot)
    - Attempt to exit the seamoth, note the message displayed "SpawnNearby failed x1"

Expected Result:
    The player should be able to exit the seamoth when it gets beached.

DXulY7K.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Removed - just me being dumb (seamoth uses powercell not battery!)
    edited April 2015
    Weird spawn issue, not 100% sure of repro steps:

- I have saved a game whilst inside a seamoth
    - Exit and reload the game (spawned outside the seamoth)
    - Drive around a bit until seamoth runs out of power (quite a way from the life pod).
    - Died to radiation from the Aurora
    - Spawned back 'near' the lifepod (but not in it) and immediately saw my supply crate from inside the pod falling through the water and stop at the sand below.

Expected Result:
    When respawning, the player should be inside the life pod or the last sub they entered. No items should clip through the floor when teleported to that chunk if the player is far away.
    edited April 2015
    Naming the Cyclops is still confirmed broken in this build:

Reproduction steps:
    - Go to the Cyclops naming computer and type in as many characters as possible
    - Exit the cyclops and notice the name sticks off the end of the sub into the water (this can also be seen from within the cockpit)
    The text also doesn't abide to the same lighting rules as the rest of the model so looks a bit odd, much darker on the beginning and end than the sub behind it.

Expected Result:
    The name of the Cyclops should fit within a designated length of hull and adhere to the same lighting if possible so as not to look out of place.

u4O2uZD.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Loot crates at the side of the Aurora seem to be spawning over and over, far too many times (there are literally more of them every time I look here)

Reproduction steps:

- Have an exploded Aurora
    - Go to the location shown in the screenshot
    - Check the sea bed for crates and notice there are a LOT here (including odd lines of 3 showing up as in the screenshot).

Expected Result:
    There should not be so many loot crates around here, especially not the "three in a row".

2Qafjov.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Textures on the Aurora when very close up look incredibly pixelated and it makes it seem extremely out of place in such an otherwise beautiful high definition environment. (no difference noticed when tested in public and beta builds, but wanted to raise this)

BVg1zbv.jpg
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Smoke hanging mid air.
    EOCJH3V.jpg

White edge.
    CZEgIbP.jpg

Transparent Purple.
    0ldSONp.jpg

Reverse Text.
    iDVlq9i.jpg

No Trunks.
    http://i.imgur.com/DyGzFb3.jpg

Album.
    http://imgur.com/a/onzTe
    edited April 2015
    FIRST AID KITS:

When creating a first aid kit in the fabricator, there is no model being shown, only the couple of blue lasers shooting thin air. (this may be related to #2 because the kit is so thin it may be 'hiding' inside the fabricator model).

Reproduction steps:
    - Create a first aid kit at the fabricator
    http://i.imgur.com/tZcfjN9.jpg

Expected Result:
    The fabricator should show a model of the kit when being built.

The first aid kit is too thin when dropped in the world. The icon makes it look like it should be a thicker box shape, and currently the thin version can get lost in the sand when dropped.

Reproduction steps:
    - Drop a first aid kit and inspect it as it falls/when it's on the ground
    http://i.imgur.com/JTHkCS2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/SCgc8iI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/tCOd27u.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1FuNCPH.jpg

Expected Result:
    The kit should be thicker, more like a box, so it does not get lost in the sand and looks more substantial.

The first aid kit says "Recovers Health" but there's nothing to state how much exactly, it would be nice to know (I know this is simple enough for the player to discover, but all the other food/water states an exact amount which is recovered)

Reproduction steps:
    - Inspect the first aid's hover-over text.

Expected Result:
    To be consistent with other food and water sources, the tooltip should show how much health is healed by the kit.
    Clipping through dark coloured beam at this location:

Sywqxqh.jpg
    In the Engine Room, these ladders can be clipped through. Also I would expect them to exhibit a climbable action the same as the ladder on the life pod (click to climb up and be back on the walkway above).

vXvNcdy.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Flares seem "reusable" at the moment, exhibiting some slightly irrational behaviour. It also would be nice if allowed to swim whilst holding them, like an "area effect flashlight", but maybe lighting up a smaller area.

Reproduction steps:
    - Throw a flare
    - Pick it back up before it runs out
    - Note that it stops 'flaring' and goes back to its original state
    - You can throw it again
    - This process can be done seemingly infinite times

Expected result:
    - Flares should be able to be held in the hand while lit.
    - If you throw a flare, you can pick it up and hold it in your hand to swim around with it.
    - If you put it back in your inventory, it should remember how long it has been used for already, and when lit again continue from that timer.
    - Flares should last anywhere from between 2 minutes to 5 minutes of light time. Perhaps this could be shown by having a small bar on the bottom of the flare icon for duration remaining. Going from full green at 100% to red at around 20%. This could be used for other items as well such as batteries or power packs if they end up being half used and somehow back in the player's inventory.
  • PhaotaPhaota Waynesboro, GA. USA Join Date: 2014-08-13 Member: 197942Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    In the Fabricator, the Seaglide, Stasis Rifle and Welder do not have creation animations, only lasers hitting the table top.

Also, the two submarine submenus for hull reinforcements are missing their clickable icons. The options are there when you hover the mouse in the locations, but not visual icon.

Concerning the submarine's upgrade console attached to the engine, there are four slots on the front, but only three in the menu. One more should be added.

If a knife is dropped or spawned to let drop onto the ocean floor, it disappears into the sand and can not be recovered.

Look into having the hatch does open/close like the Seamoth bay doors.

rRBVqyV.jpg
    vN6ZP8A.jpg
    O7RLgzm.jpg
    zBneNCE.jpg
    Xq9XHum.jpg
    ORGdwFi.jpg
    yR2XNLZ.jpg
    wh1CPSr.jpg
    TEFtYdM.jpg
    GXmAnuU.jpg
    zgNcKmZ.jpg
    PerGrMW.jpg
    HMDBABL.jpg
  • PhaotaPhaota Waynesboro, GA. USA Join Date: 2014-08-13 Member: 197942Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    Finally rebuilt my floating island and put a base on it like before, which never gave me any problems entering and exiting. Now, the hatches keep saying "exit" and I can not get inside. Plus, I'm suddenly not swimming anymore. Instead, I fall to the ocean floor. Even if I kill myself, I appear outside the hatch of the base.