Multiple Save/Load Slots in Experimental - Please send me bugs!

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi guys, I just added multiple save/load slots to the main menu in experimental branch. It's likely that doing this will have created save/load related bugs. If you are playing in experimental branch and encounter them, please post them here! If they're really serious (e.g. losing save games, can't save progress) please tweet at me!

Comments

• Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    thx, Multiple Save/Load Slots are very much appreciated!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We'll be testing this tonight during our public playtest! :)
  • Zarr.beZarr.be Belgium Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203101Members
    edited April 2015
    I hope that with the new backup system, we can have several different backups for the same part because since the game is in development and that are still numerous bug
    because it's really annoying to have to start over from the beginning because we have only one backup part
    lived: I had a nice well furnished base, the cyclops fully equipped, I construct pipe, one in too, that floats in the Cyclops, Cyclops result was definitely blocked, and thus loss of 20 hours of play and harvesting RAGE HUGE

To review also respawn system in the rescue basket after death, it's nothing logical, it induces new bugs when you're dead, you're dead, the game ends there, there is more to recharge a backup, it works in all other games like that, do not try to reinvent the wheel or wire sliced ​​bread
    quality graphics no saved
    many graphics bug, hand disapared, low graphics setting
    when im in seamoth save, loading out seamoth
    we cant diferance save game, same screenshot
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    Suggestion: Option when creating a new game choose a name, then when choosing your saved game, you can differentiate the saves.

Nice update =P
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    thank you :P I always like to do multiple play throughs
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    edited April 2015
    Yep, nice have different playing styles
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    Great! no more need for copying/renaming the save Folder!
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bugs I'm now aware of, and am working to fix:

https://trello.com/c/IkGMrUYn/4121-fix-bug-save-games-not-deleted-when-delete-pressed-in-main-menu

https://trello.com/c/Rzdkjmnl/4122-fix-bug-level-1-menu-buttons-misaligned-with-their-art-can-t-press-yellow-circle

There might also be something else with regards to old pre-multiple save/load save games not allowing new progress to be saved.

If you find/know of anything else, please let me know :)
    o² reserve no saved/restored
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Hi Hugh,

Some functional feedback from me on the PT this week, mainly to do with the fact that at the moment all the save games look exactly the same so you just end up with a big list:
    • The savegame thumbnails are all the same. It would be great to have a screen capture at the time of save loaded in as the thumbnail
    • Would be great to be able to rename the saves, or have numbered slots to save into
    • More information about the game i.e. difficulty mode, time played, date of the save.

Edit: I noticed now that since Tuesday a few of these points have already been added, which is amazing!!!

I would still like to see the thumbnail screenshots changing with each save though :) Nice work!