How-to Report Gameplay Bugs!

ComproxComprox *chortle*Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited March 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hey guys!

Subnautica is currently in Early Access and as such you may find gameplay bugs and weird glitches.
It would greatly help us out if you could please post your issues with as much detail as possible (video/screenshots/descriptions), followed by the following requested information...

Things to include in your report (if possible)

Example Topic Title:
[Bug] Seamoth Is Turning Blue! [Version Number]

Contents of Bug report:

Subnautica Version - This can be found in the top right of your game when playing
Description - What is wrong, in general terms
Reproduction steps - Detailed steps on how to reproduce your problem. This makes it a lot easier to fix! :)
Pictures or Video - Pictures can be uploaded to imgur.com, videos to youtube.com
output_log.txt (Error Log) - If applicable. Instructions: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403087864

Anything you find with reproduction steps, with images and/or video should be posted. Posting something like "this is broken" doesnt help us fix the issue. The more information, the better! :)

Other users can also chime in on the topic, post their screenshots and discuss reproduction steps.
Thanks so much for helping!

Comments

• AklidienAklidien California, USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203117Members
    Hi Devs,

I found a minor bug on the current non-experimental Subnautica build on Steam, in regards to docking a Seamoth on a Cyclops. This bug is fairly easy to reproduce, and is very minor. It is not game-breaking, but is only slightly inconvenient.

Version:
    (Steam) Early Development Build 16255 Apr-15

Description:
    About 1/5 of the time when docking a Seamoth at a Cyclops, I am teleported to the back of the docking room, half in the ceiling. I have 7 lockers in the Cyclops docking room, which may affect this (I have not tested the bug without them). It is easy to escape this - just "wiggle" in all directions until you fall back onto the docking room floor.

Reproduction Steps:
    Dock a Seamoth at a Cyclops repeatedly until this bug occurs. This may be affected by lockers being built in the docking chamber. Let me know if it would be helpful for me to test this with vs. without lockers in the docking room. This bug has occurred from the Mar-2015 build through the Apr-2015 build.

Pictures or Video:
    An image of where I am teleported in the Cyclops can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/d1ezIuI.jpg

Dxdiag log can be found here:
    http://pastebin.com/1YLYiVdn

Output Log can be found here:
    http://pastebin.com/0pPwbJbT

Thanks!
  • oddi123oddi123 Join Date: 2015-04-11 Member: 203282Members
    Dear Devs

I found a bug that made you basicly invincible, but you couldn't swim. Love your game by the way.

Version
    16296 apr-15

Description
    I was building a second base in survival mode to cover more ground near a creepvine forest and I saw a small leech like creature swimming around which was new to me, so my curiosity took the better of me. I tried to grab it and the leech grabbed my arm instead, so naturally I began to flail around in panic when i noticed my health was dropping. I got the idea of entering my base, so i did, but that didn't stop the little bugger sucking out my blood.
    And here is were the bug kicked in. When I died I didn't spawn in my escape pod, I fell trough the floor of the base and landed on the bottom of the seafloor. My health was 0 and my food was 0 and my oxygen didn't drop, so I tought; Great!. However I couldn't swim, awww. It was like the game thought I was still in my base, for I heard the same metaly steps as I was walking along seabed, but I could still grab stuff.

Pictures or videos
    I have a 1 minute video from my mobile phone of the aftermath, but it doesn't seem I can't send it here, I'm in need of a Email address to send it to.

Regards, Oddi123
  • AklidienAklidien California, USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203117Members
    Thanks for catching another one!
    You can email the video to: jonas (at) unknownworlds (dot) com and steve (at) unknownworlds (dot) com. Just replace the (at) with @ and the (dot) with "."

Also, if you haven't played again after this bug occurred, consider following the steps at http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/137004/crashing-launching-or-playing-subnautica-follow-these-steps-to-make-a-good-crash-support-post#latest. Doing these steps will help you get the dxdiag and output logs for the game, which will help the devs track down the cause of the bug.
  • heroguy626heroguy626 brampton, ontario, canada Join Date: 2015-04-18 Member: 203588Members
    ok...um hi this is my first time doing this but i have a bug and i think im the only one not sure though so here we go

[bug] whenever i start the game (after selecting the mode) it crashes on the loading screen or it just does not load

version is : early development build 16644

problem: i cant play the game or even get in without it crashing on the loading screen also if i leave the game for too long on the menu screen my mouse turns into the circle and the the screen goes whiteish and its says "sorry _ has stopped working" and the _ is the program name but that is the process for the loading screen also.

reproduction steps: no idea but i downloaded it with excitement BAM cant even load up the game and there is not even an error box or screen.

no pics or error log
  • heroguy626heroguy626 brampton, ontario, canada Join Date: 2015-04-18 Member: 203588Members
    heroguy626 wrote: »
    ok...um hi this is my first time doing this but i have a bug and i think im the only one not sure though so here we go

[bug] whenever i start the game (after selecting the mode) it crashes on the loading screen or it just does not load

version is : early development build 16644

problem: i cant play the game or even get in without it crashing on the loading screen also if i leave the game for too long on the menu screen my mouse turns into the circle and the the screen goes whiteish and its says "sorry _ has stopped working" and the _ is the program name but that is the process for the loading screen also.

reproduction steps: no idea but i downloaded it with excitement BAM cant even load up the game and there is not even an error box or screen.

no pics or error log

also my phone wont do video anymore sorry but please give feedback as soon as possible

ok now i cant load my game
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Kaspersky Malware Detection

The supposed 'false detection' of a Trojan called 'Backdoor.Win32.Swrort.gho' residing in the latest update to Subnautica32.exe is a very real problem.

Unable to run the game, and the solutions offered so far are unworkable.

I refuse to waste my meagre bandwidth allowance by deleting the entire game and reloading it after practically opening the door to an unknown number of malware programs. Please devise a safe, easy to follow procedure for convincing Kaspersky anti-virus that Subnautica is malware-free, or rework the offending code string(s) so that they do not resemble a malicious program.

This situation is not something to be shrugged off lightly or brushed aside with a mouthful of platitudes.

This is a definite deal-breaker.

I respectfully recommend that UWE finds a solution to this problem as soon as is humanly possible. Preferably one that does not involve compromising one's online security.
  • TiMatelotTiMatelot Canada Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205078Members
    Hello, there's a bug from the last updateby May, 27, 2015
    My build is 19095 May 15
    When I press TAB to se my inventory, then I Click Journal, there's three things that I dont know why they are there
    BikeMan Hull Plate
    bikemanhullplateblueprintold, identified by an ?
    eatmydictionhullplateold, identified by an ?
    My build is 19095 May 15

The mouse pointer have to be place on the left and outside the thing I want to take or move, it's like the mouse pointer is not centered on the axis

Like this screenshot to do a CORRIDOR I have to point the FOUNDATION
    Theres is the screenshots for my two previous comments....

My build is 19095 May 15
    When I press TAB to se my inventory, then I Click Journal, there's three things that I dont know why they are there
    BikeMan Hull Plate
    bikemanhullplateblueprintold, identified by an ?
    eatmydictionhullplateold, identified by an ?

My build is 19095 May 15

The mouse pointer have to be place on the left and outside the thing I want to take or move, it's like the mouse pointer is not centered on the axis

Like this screenshot to do a CORRIDOR I have to point the FOUNDATION

• Bradley_DangerBradley_Danger USA Join Date: 2015-07-08 Member: 206071Members
    edited July 2015

Moved to another thread
  • OslikOslik Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-21 Member: 206314Members
    edited July 2015
    Hello, there is my bug, with wrong displayed T-Corridor :

Experimental build 21219

When I want to build a T-corridor it actually shows as X-corridor. Although it works correctly (as T), but it appears wrong (as X). The display is also bad. Wrong part of the T-corridor is only shown partially and parts of the T axis is missing.
    Everything inside is as it should be.

link to screenshots:

http://imgur.com/iNOR9Nf,K650mOJ,u72pvr3,hB9BUQb,WjcZjOS,tIV0dGZ#0
  • MikerosoftMikerosoft Germany Join Date: 2015-07-23 Member: 206353Members
    Hello, i saw some videos "How to upgrade the Submarine" so everybody had some other options to chose in the Fabricator! Like "cyclops" where they got upgrades maybe it is gliched...and some other thinks that they had i doesn't have to... So my question is was that a mod did my game gliched and when how can i fix it?
    Because i want to upgrade my Submarine.

By the way Subnautica is a really nice game that im really enjoying!
    Good job to everybody in the Team thanks for this beautiful game!

Mikerosoft_HD
  • ProjectParadoxProjectParadox Join Date: 2015-08-13 Member: 207089Members
    edited August 2015
    Hi, I have found a minor bug while remodeling my base, I removed my corridor from my room while I was standing inside the corridor, and when it disappeared fully, i fell through (like i figured i would), however, i fell onto the foundation and was still able to walk around, i was unable to swim and my Oxygen levels were not dropping. Once I placed the corridor and hatch where i wanted, i was able to enter and exit normally and swim again.

To make sure it wasn't just a random glitch, i repeated it a few times, and it was consistent.

I hope this helped in case I was the first this had happened to. I can post some pictures if necessary, I didn't think it was needed since it was a minor bug but I can if you need some.

Also, I wanted to say that Subnautica is an amazing game, i have only had it for a few days, but have had so much fun playing it, keep up the fantastic work, and i can't wait to see what's in the next update.

-ProjectParadox

(Oh, and I am also using the Default build of Subnautica)
  • larryludwicklarryludwick Tampa, FL Join Date: 2015-08-21 Member: 207362Members
    edited August 2015
    Two problems in one! F8 gets me a error message asking if I am connected to the interwebs. Why, yes, I am. But I can't leave feedback in game. That's a side issue, however. The bug I am trying to report is that when I launched the game today, my SeaMoth was not docked where I left it. There is a 'ghost' SeaMoth about 4 meters below my MoonPool, but I cannot interact with it. I swim right through it. So I built a new SeaMoth. The new SeaMoth will not dock in the MoonPool and makes crashing noises when it hits the 'ghost' SeaMoth. The 'ghost' won't move no matter how I push it with my new SeaMoth.

At this point, I am discouraged from playing at all. Has anyone else had this happen? I am using version 21990 AUG-2015. It has worked fine until today. Waddup?

Larry

P.S. Please get rid of the dead SeaMoths, or at least stop them from blinking a beacon.

UPDATE: I noticed the 'ghost' SeaMoth, which is not a dead SeaMoth, but one that is visible, but has no interaction, was making docking like motions when I moved my new SeaMoth into docking position. My live SeaMoth did nothing. So . . . I deconstructed my moonpool and rebuilt it. The ghost disappeared and my original SeaMoth returned to normal. I climbed in and it docked normally. All fixed, but now I have two SeaMoths. No big deal. An odd bug though.

I still cannot report a but in-game though.

Larry
  • MikerosoftMikerosoft Germany Join Date: 2015-07-23 Member: 206353Members
    I Understand IT i think probably the easyest way ist just to make a New game i know IT is Hard But of u press f3 or u dir Really Remember the right F Butten but there in the Top is like Chat deaktiviert and of u Klick it you will habe a Chat than Type nocost ^^ and u will have all back. And i really know this blinken is really anojing when u cant Drive wirh IT :) i hope i cut HELP u of IT was Helpfull pls give me ON my cannel a awesone^^
  • JiontenayJiontenay Russia Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207439Members
    Bugs. Game version "21990 AUG-2015" Sorry. I bad speak English well.
    _1) Island. Part of the base is half over water. The water inside is not damaged base.

AKcuu6e.jpg

fUv2hPK.jpg

_2) Spadefish when cooking passes through the 3D model Fabricator.

pVNW4ir.jpg

_3) Hoverfish when cooking passes through the 3D model Fabricator.

HxnATVN.jpg

_4) The player is swimming in the water below the belt. Falling in soil texture 3D models.

nBDtda8.jpg

RcWYIkd.jpg

_5) Cyclops. Seamoth hatch. You can not jump into the hatch. When Seatoth Is located under the Cyclops.

5vtycB6.jpg

_6) When Seatoth Is located under the Cyclops. Open the cargo hatch, the Cyclops does not sink. In it there is no water, you can not fall down.

IKwfjtV.jpg

c1OUQsw.jpg

_7) The player passes through the cargo bay doors Cyclops.

PmBNHEN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.