Floating Island is instanced, therefore stuff put on it disappears

SnookSnook Texas Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202957Members
Beacuse the floating island is instanced, structures and objects left on it either disappear, or fall into the sea under the island.

The scenario:
I went to the island and managed to run the seamoth up on the beach a bit too far and it got stuck. No problem I thought I'll go back and get the terraforming tool and cut the beach away. So, I drop a beacon up the hill from the beach a bit and get back into the big sub and go back to my base to get the terraforming tool. I noticed that the beacon on the island even from the base was happily pinging away.

I head back to the island and discover that the seamoth is missing, the beacon is not on the island but under it and addtionally the island cannot be terraformed.

I find the seamoth down at 97 meters, but I cannot interact with it in anyway. Additionally for some reason the seamoth seemed to get stuck to the big sub and followed the sub from that point on, but still was not ineractable in any way.

I realize that it is instanced for performance reasons, but I think it needs to be made permanent and terraformable.

Comments

• FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    They must have changed that recently about a week or two ago I got bored and tried to free a giant floater from the island with the terraformer, so at least a week or two ago I could terraform and build on the island.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    the island should be terraformable. Will have to take a look at it and put a bug in about it if its broken.