Web interface mod subcribe broken?

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

I cannot enable any new mod (not installed already) using the Web interface.
I am quite sure this was automatic around 2014 4th Trimester.
If you subscribed to a mod, the configuration files were updated automatically.

I can use search for getting a selection, i can click on the subscribe button, but nothing change.

Server config files are on 777 permission
Reloading server = no results
Shutdown / restart = no results
No specific logs
If i change an option on the configuration panel like cycle map "in order/random", the corresponding file is updated.

Is something changed so we have to manage it manually or is it broken ?
Can someone confirm that ?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yuuuuuup....It's been fixed but it's going to be a while until it's in the public build
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Wait, people use the web interface to sub for server mods?
    Why not just put them only in command line & mapchange. Works just as well, and you never have to bother with the broken evil that is ns2 web interface.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Wait, people use the web interface to sub for server mods?
    Why not just put them only in command line & mapchange. Works just as well, and you never have to bother with the broken evil that is ns2 web interface.

The hosting plan is like that. If i had a SSH access on the server, it would be done like... at several factors of 'c' (light speed).
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Yuuuuuup....It's been fixed but it's going to be a while until it's in the public build

hmmm... Captain "obvious question" is arriving on his super obvious bike.

Next build... When ?? Sooner, later?? i'm not asking for a specific date but a target week would be nice.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Damn mate, you can only manage from the webinterface? That thing destroys anything it touches.
    Aint there a better hosting solution for you?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    2 builds, unfortunate, but it is the way it is. I pushed really hard for it to be fixed but we didn't make the deadline.
    Damn mate, you can only manage from the webinterface? That thing destroys anything it touches.
    Aint there a better hosting solution for you?

It's actually not that bad anymore, I fixed it a lot.
    hmm.. what did you fix?

Last I checked (and yes this was a long long long time ago):
    * performance tab ment nothing.
    * mapchange option screwed over mapfile. (as in loading all mods rather then mapmods when you run the map in question)
    * crashes.
    * subscribe option mods worked, never.
    * mapchange didnt always work.

The only 2 options which seemed to work as intended were ban & typing in chat.