[CRASH] -[Remerged]- Crashing upon creation of new game

cfitz001cfitz001 England Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202748Members
DxDiag:
http://pastebin.com/ibEhtsrS

output_log:
http://pastebin.com/Kg5CJx5G

When I attempt to start a new game (as the old game save is no longer available or exists) a small box of text appears for a short amount of time (in too small of a window to actually read) with Okay and Cancel on it, it appears to be part of the game in graphical design and not a error message. When loading the music continues playing for a short amount of time before abruptly stopping, there is no introduction and I can hear the sound of waves, thought it is still on the loading screen with the crashing Aurora. At this point I am able to pause the game for 4 seconds as it says the pod is loading. Afterwards it returns to the loading image again with the sound of the waves. At this point it I press Tab the sound that is made by the inventory being brought up is heard, but I am only able to do this once. The loading image does not change at all and the game stops making sounds and stops responding.

I am unable to play the game at all at the moment due to this D:

Since the new update the last solution no longer works and has continued to crash.

Comments

• ScanianMooseScanianMoose Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202526Members
    I am too stupid to read crashlogs, but have you tried verifying your game cache in Steam?
  • cfitz001cfitz001 England Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202748Members
    I am too stupid to read crashlogs, but have you tried verifying your game cache in Steam?
    Several times, yes. I've also tried reinstalling the entire game but that has done nothing to help.
  • Jammiedodger1999Jammiedodger1999 Reading Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202760Members
    I am also experiencing this issue and also have verified the game cache but still not working. In the box that pops up I have noticed it read something along the lines of 'This will override your previous game'. I dont know if that will help> I have also tried Freedom, Survival and Hardcore but still does not work
    I am also experiencing this issue and also have verified the game cache but still not working. In the box that pops up I have noticed it read something along the lines of 'This will override your previous game'. I dont know if that will help> I have also tried Freedom, Survival and Hardcore but still does not work

That does appear to be what it says, the odd part though is that I don't have a previous game save.
  • Jammiedodger1999Jammiedodger1999 Reading Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202760Members
    cfitz001 wrote: »

That does appear to be what it says, the odd part though is that I don't have a previous game save.

Same issue for me, i have also deleted and reinstalled. It is out of our hands i suppose

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The log posted says that the game cannot load textures. Are you both running 15170?

I might try running in dx9 mode as here in case that helps.

Confused wrote: »
    The log posted says that the game cannot load textures. Are you both running 15170?

I might try running in dx9 mode as here in case that helps.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I tried it and it made no headway on improving the problem.
  • ScanianMooseScanianMoose Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202526Members
    I think the message window thingy was fixed for experimental mode... are you running experimental?
    I think the message window thingy was fixed for experimental mode... are you running experimental?

Depressively this did not work either.
    Foolishly of me I did not try the -force-d3d9 run in experimental mode.

It appears to work now, thank you.
    I did try it running with the -force-d3d9 and in experimental graphics mode. The first time it loaded, appeared to crash however some writing appeared on the screen looking like a loading screen, it then did crash. i tried a few more times but never even got the loading writing again.
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    edited April 2015
    what was the problem or did it just fix itself?
    I did try it running with the -force-d3d9 and in experimental graphics mode. The first time it loaded, appeared to crash however some writing appeared on the screen looking like a loading screen, it then did crash. i tried a few more times but never even got the loading writing again.

This solution no longer works since the most recent update.
    what was the problem or did it just fix itself?

It has yet to be fixed in light of the new crash site update.