Delete/Destroy/ReCycle/DeConstruct Item Option?

FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
I think it'd be nice to have this option for things you don't need anymore.

I don't exactly want a giant pile of items in the shallows or need 4 Rebreathers, perhaps a recycle options or even a "Do you want to Destroy this, you'll lose it forever" option would be nice.

vs.

Having 20+ lockers shoved in a make-shift seabase vault.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• ScanianMooseScanianMoose Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202526Members
    Just like in other games, items should definitely despawn a while after they are dropped.
    That would be the best approach, I guess.
  • AhrisAhris Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202647Members
    Just like in other games, items should definitely despawn a while after they are dropped.

In other games things despawn mostly for performance reasons. In a sim like Subnautica i expect to be able to find/drop something and then be able to return later and pick it up where i left it without it despawning.

Recycling on the other hand is already in the game with the builder tool and logically you should be able to do it with any other thing you can construct in the fabricator with or without a minor resource loss.
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    Ahris wrote: »

In other games things despawn mostly for performance reasons. In a sim like Subnautica i expect to be able to find/drop something and then be able to return later and pick it up where i left it without it despawning.

Recycling on the other hand is already in the game with the builder tool and logically you should be able to do it with any other thing you can construct in the fabricator with or without a minor resource loss.

I have to agree with the above point, I don't mind if I have to leave some copper or titanium on the floor of a cave if I am planning on coming back after I get more air/unload my inventory; in those cases you wouldn't want materials to despawn over time.

But I also don't need a pile of cubes under my lifepod because I came accross 2 extra Rebreathers, dive reels, a welder, ect.

Since you can already recycle lockers and such, it makes it logical that the fabricator should be able to recycle items as well.
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members