Rebreather not working

SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
According to the tool tip the rebreather slows the amount of oxygen the character uses when at depth so the bar doesn't deplete as fast.

However I've noticed zero reduction in the change O2 consumption rate with and without the rebreather in my inventory regardless of depth as it still decreases at the same faster rate when +100m and the same very faster rate when +200m.

Comments

• FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Interesting. This WAS working but maybe I broke it? Verifying.
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    I could not make it work too, that is, having it just in the inventory or having it in the hand has no impact (bellow 100m) - I thought that I was not doing it correctly...
  • gamer2456gamer2456 NY,USA Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202269Members
    Same does not worth for me ether.
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    Silveressa wrote: »
    According to the tool tip the rebreather slows the amount of oxygen the character uses when at depth so the bar doesn't deplete as fast.

However I've noticed zero reduction in the change O2 consumption rate with and without the rebreather in my inventory regardless of depth as it still decreases at the same faster rate when +100m and the same very faster rate when +200m.

Maybe I have the wrong Rebreather? Mine says "Ignores Depth & Enviromental Breathing Effects" which I took to imply it negates Oxygen Consumption?

Either way it doesn't seem to work.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    Oxygen consumption should increase as you go deeper. The intended design is that if you have the rebreather you should be able to go down deep and have your oxygen use stay constant.

Looks like its broken again. Will poke around about it, there was a bug about it but I cant find it right now.

EDIT: I totally found it: https://trello.com/c/5mfoe0ly/359-rebreather-not-working
  • SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
    It appears Charlie fixed this a while ago earlier today