Suggestions !

SorenpSorenp Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202472Members
Hi all, new comer to the forums :)
Straight to business !
I'm an electro engineer and I have some interesting ideas I'd like to share.

- Generating Power
- Wave Power Generator // Purpose: Generate effective power for bases and/or battery recharging modules. Crafting: 3x Titanium, 2x Lithium, 2x Silicone, 1 Current generator.(http://www.reuk.co.uk/OtherImages/anaconda-wave-power-generator.jpg)

- Floating Solar Panels // Purpose: Generate effective power for bases and/or battery recharging modules. Crafting: 2x Titanium Ingots, 2x Powercells, 3x Silicone, 3 Glass, 5 Airbladders. ;)
(http://www.solarfeeds.com/wp-content/uploads/floating-solar-platform.jpg)

- Battery Charging Station // Purpose: Recharge Batteries. Crafting: 5x Titanium Ingots, 2x Silicone, 3 Glass, 2 Copper wire, Computer Chipset, 2 Gold, Adv. Wiring Kit.
(http://myndset.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Eurostar-digital-aide-300x300.jpg)

- Armor / Weapons
- Seamoph Mk. 2 Kit // Upgrades a Seamoph with a harder/sturdier hull and 2 x Stasis Rifles for combat Crafting: 3x Plasteel ingot, 3x Glass, 2x Copper wire, 1x Computer Chipset, 1x Adv. Wiring Kit, 2x Stasis Rifles.

- Sustainability
- Reverse osmosis mini plant // Purpose: Generate fresh water from saltwater (Assuming the water is saltwater). Crafting: 2x Plasteel ingots, 2x Powercells, 5x Silicone, 3x Enameled Glass, 2x Computer Chipset, 1x Adv. Wiring Kit, 2 x Lithium, Some sort of membrane maybe kelp ? Or animal.
(
- I did think of some farming options, which I can see you are already working on :)

- Others
- Lighting // Making buoys lanterns Purpose: Keeping your home well lit at night. Crafting: 2x Airbladders, 1x Copper wire, 1x Battery/1x Hoopfish (Bioluminescence)
- Controlable Drone for scouting that can place a beacon Purpose: End game item for exploreing. Crafting: 2x Silicone, 3x Glass, 2x Copper wire, 2x Computer Chipset, 2 Gold, Adv. Wiring Kit. 2x Copper wire, 2x Powercells, 1x Beacon

Few ideas I think would be cool

Debate!

Comments

• Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members
    Some very good ideas there, Kudos for you :)>-
  • FlanTehScoutFlanTehScout Concrete Jungle Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202486Members
    Hey Everyone, Im new to the Forums so I might post this in a few different places, just to find out where the action is! (If you're gonna delete the post, I'd appreciate a redirect :)
    This post is loaded with ideas that build upon itself, so if its confusing and referencing things that don't even exist... remember: Creativity is a flowing siren and a crushing beast, but it always moves towards the path of understanding, if you seek to control it, you in turn lose its essence. That being said I love feedback and suggestions so hit me with anything, but keep an open mind :D!

To open, I really Like the suggestions that Sorenp proposed. I think that adding "sustainability" as a gameplay achievable for the player is the pipe dream/carrot on a stick for any shipwrecked soul! However I want to add some related suggestions that add to that sense of "visceral in-world" progress tracking that could give more feasibility to the suggestions (Renewable energy sources).

Now I should start by saying, that I haven't played the game personally, being on a mac :( .... But I have watched lots of footage! I would love to see more Survival User Interface customization options and additions that add to the traceable mental progression of the survivor. What I mean is: stuff that lets the player keep track of their progression in a tangible way that shifts with the world around them.... which in turn gives incentive to do so.
    (ex. Unknown Worlds did a great job of this, in the base building in Natural Selection II: power is on in the room when the humans control a sector and off when the aliens hve control etc. )

My propositions/Add stuff Like:

1.VISUAL SURVIVAL USER INTERFACE:
    A Small Computer Console/PDA thats starts as a day counter in the life pod. (With possible weather reports, calendar functionality?) I think this is a great (and hopefully easily, implemented) little tweak that puts the player in literal 'visual communication' with his/her tools. There is already a good amount of auditory feedback in the game, (O2 levels, entering ships/bases, hullbreaches etc.) but I think It is equally as important to add visual cues that are built into the tools of the players world, rather than just cluttering the HUD. The kinetic-spatial awareness of our player in their environments is what makes this game so magical!!!! (especially in a survival game!!!) (The sense of joy I felt, seeing someone climb out of the Sea Moth into the Cyclops is one of MAN TRIUMPHING OVER THE ENVIRONMENT ... it was epic, and really felt like a progression from the smokey life pod you wake up in.)

1b. UI/Survival Assistant Customization:
    In addition to adding a Day counter, the player should have simple, control over the settings/traits the UI/Survival Assistant:
    - Male or Female Voice
    - Rate of Static Messages (O2 remaining, Inventory Status, Vitals, Predator Proximity Detection Device !?)
    - Add "Relative" Reminder Messages (Unassisted Resurface time aprox. 45 seconds)
    - Specific Calendar Reminders (Sunset in 10 min, Tomorrow you have set a "code blue" task, Good Morning Captain.... 26 days since rapid deceleration event etc. etc.)

^ I understand that the above additions would probably require a lot of work outside of the survival/exploration world smithing going on, so I propose a "friendly" system to implement them in....

>>> 2. THE HUB NETWORK! (The First Steps to manufacturing a Low Orbit Rescue Beacon??!?!)

The ability to create a "hub" network, that allows the player to visually track their assets/progress. Like an in-world Home Computer that integrates between all the user created systems.

It would be exceptionally rudimentary within the confines of the escape pod, but over time it could grow in complexity. (from Submersibles to a Base Module and possibly... eventually Short range sensors) (It could allow for the user to integrate and manage SorenP's aforementioned sustainability tweaks. And Inclusion of agricultural/aquafarm systems .... *Heavy Panting*)

2b. HUB NETWORK USAGE
    The Hub Network can help you track things like
    - Date, Time and Season
    - Coded Scheduling System (The ability to Colour Code dates for specific activities such as resources gathering/Exploration/Building)
    - Structural Integrity and Fuel Levels of Submersibles
    - Structural Integrity and relative Position of other bases
    - Progress Towards the "Rescue Beacon" (6)

2c. HUB Geopositioning Network.
    - The player could create submersible and floaty radio beacons that create a map for the player when in range.

3. MONSOON! (Reciprocative Disaster Events)
    The gods giveth and they taketh away!

-Cycling seasonal events that change the game world and conditions for the player since the original crash. (Monsoon Season destroys or renders the Escape Pod inoperable, forcing the player underwater) By having a season where the player is "forced to ground" so to speak, it challenges the player to take into account their resources and focus more on maintaining their creations and survival.

-Stronger ocean currents challenge structural integrity of underwater bases, and forces player to anchor submersibles.

-Change in Predator Migration Patterns, you might be having a few more unwanted visitors...

4. FACE SUCKERS!!!
    I noticed in a play through I watched that some of the smaller fish glitched and got stuck on the viewport of the Cyclops ... so I propose the Face Sucker Fish. Think of those aquarium slugs that stick to the glass.
    -At first they stick to your scuba mask and must be torn off (minor nuisance)
    -Then they stick to the glass of your Submersibles (now they're your buddies, hitching a ride!)
    This is a cool way that shows your progression of a creature within the environment. You are not as small as you once were!

5. Interior/Exterior Customization and The Finer Points of being Marooned on an Uncharted World
    I think that being able to customize the little things is important as a player, as well as having the ability to creatively discover the world around you.
    So I propose:
    -The ability to change interiors of Submersibles/Bases and Their Survival Assistants (Hull colours, UI Voices, Storage Lockers.)
    -The Ability to change exteriors of Submersibles in meaningful ways via retrofits
    *************************-Exterior Storage Retrofit, for quick access to tools/weapons/mobility devices/O2 Recharge
    ************************* -Emergency Resurface Retrofit, adding inflatable pods
    ************************* -Armoured Hull Retrofit
    ************************* -Posterior Turbine/Maneuverability Retrofit, higher speeds, and changes to handelling characteristics

-Player Creativity Options
    ************************* -Addition of an Underwater Camera, and Ability to hang Art on walls.
    ************************* -Addition of a Music Creator, like a recordable drum pad/keyboard that lets the player create music loops or tones. You could play music in the ships,
    or just have unique entry sounds. (Because its not the future if it doesn't make a cool "fwoosh" when you walk in the door!)

6. The Low Orbit Rescue Beacon Scenario
    It goes without saying, that Subnautica is awesome. I got shivers just watching other people play it. The great amount of discoverability and the meaningful progression from "lost soul" to "expert explorer" is something that I haven't felt in a game since my first play-throughs of Minecraft! So whats the end game? Is there an endgame? This is something that is very gameplay altering and changes the actually gameplay mentality of the explorer, but I think it is a worthwhile addition. I think that if coupled to the urgency and time relation created by a "monsoon season", a Rescue Beacon could be a great endgame progression for the character. How It could be built or discovered, I think should be hidden from the player in the early game, so as to not distract from the great exploration and survival elements present. But eventually the player will reach a state of equilibrium within the game world. What then? I think that they should be able to create a Rescue beacon, that is launched via cliff face as triumphant victory over the hand dealt to our space traveller. But the real question is, now that they have a taste for adventure, will they really want to leave it all behind? A question better answered by a psychiatrist.

Okay well thats everything I can think of right now. Id love to hear your feedback on my creative suggestions, As well as suggestions of your own!

-mike
  • neamerjellneamerjell Cincinnati, OH Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202560Members
    Great ideas, I have some of my own based on my game play so far:

Craftable bandoliers - maybe use the kelp vines, increase your carrying capacity by a few boxes

Customizable SeaGlide - options to add storage and auxiliary (emergency?) air tanks

Emergency air supply - a craftable item that takes up one box of inventory and hold 10-15 seconds of air
    *useful when you lose track of time while mining in a cave or coming up from really deep

Why do fins take up space in inventory while equiped? They're on your feet! Is it a weight thing like Skyrim? Sure they're bulky, but they can't weigh that much. They currently take up about 6-9 boxes, same as scrap metal. If you unequip them, then it makes sense for them to take up space. It makes sense for the tanks to take up a lot of inventory space to represent a limit to the weight the player can carry (otherwise, you'd never be able to surface). A quick Google search revealed that steel scuba tanks weigh 30 pounds (13.6 kg).

As cool as the Cyclops sub is, I really wish the steering wheel in the cockpit didn't block so much of your downward facing view. I lost count of the number of rock formations I've banged into because of that.

The Seamoth is a great vehicle, but I find myself repeatedly hunting for the roll controls and realizing time after time that there are none! It often seems to roll on its own when pointed straight down or up. However that is not helpful to me.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Unnnfffff power generation yes please

Generation of power / supplies in bases... Makes me excite
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    A lot of really cool thoughts and idea. On the rail way lines I would differ though and suggest that we be able to build portal rooms in our different bases for quick travel over vast distances (from researching warper dna). I like the idea of whirlpools as natural hazards or gateways that suck you down into other unique sections of the game.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    I hope the railway lines are done in a unique way and don't just use them like Minecraft with little to no real purpose behind them LOL

I like all of ops ideas
  • mack100Smmack100Sm USA Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202614Members
    Cool I do think a railway wold be cool
  • Evansmash4Evansmash4 mooooooseeeeee Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202635Members
    does anyone else think this game should be multiplayer ps this game is the best thing evvvevveveveverrr
  • DominicinatorDominicinator AU/NZ Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202657Members
    edited March 2015
    So, a week or so back I talked to you guys on the Live Chat (Was Obraxis or something like that I think), and asked about Proceduraly generating the map so it wouldn't get boring (For later on) and they said that they just couldn't get the quality they wanted from a proceduraly generated map. So just now I was watching GenerikB's latest episode of subnautica where he asked commenters to suggest lot's of stuff, and I saw a comment by "Xaaaach" saying: "What would be REALLY cool is completely different planets that you can spawn on....That would really boost the replay value, in my opinion."
    And I thought: Brilliant! Instead of resorting to proceduraly generating everything, once the game takes shape in a few years, you guys could just put out updates including new Maps along with other stuff. Maybe even start soon if you guys feel like it, whatever... anyway, making different maps (That are all Ocean-based) that have *Completely* different creatures and gameplay mechanics will really make the game new every update if that's what you guys do much later on. From planets with a completely different substance as a replacement for Water, Frozen Moons with underice oceans, Dwarf planets with Underground oceans, to Oceanic Moons with Huge waves caused by tidal forces from it's parent Planet.
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Great stuff here. We've talked about some of it before, but lots of new stuff too.

I know Dushan really wanted something like those underwater railway lines. And we've been talking about solar panels and power generators for quite awhile!

I think Power Cells should only be able to be recharged a limited number of times because they run heavy machinery and in real life those batteries have a limited number of times you can change them before needing knew ones.

I also think that normal batteries should be able to be charged an unlimited number of times because I assume by the time you've progressed enough to build a charging station or whatever , having the ability to recharge the little things will seem like an accomplishment rather then op. You've spent a portion of the game having to craft batteries every time something dies but now all your work has paid off and at least as long as you can make it back to a charging station you don't have to do that except for occasionally because of long distance exploration away from a charging station where in you might need knew batteries.
  • RstdRstd Youdonneed, Toonoedis Cty., Alaska Join Date: 2015-03-29 Member: 202686Members
    edited March 2015
    A couple thing I'd like to see are:

-Pressurized Oxygen Tanks
    I personally like tanks that auto-refill when you surface and enter subs, but maybe if you want to go on a deep dive get pressurized oxygen canisters that require an expensive machine you can place in your base/escape pod/Cyclops, but allows for the tanks to last much longer, just that they don't auto-refill.

-Lockout Chambers:
    These are used in submarines for diver deployment, where essentially you stand in a room, which is slowly flooded with water, and then once entirely filled the doors to the sea open allowing for deployment. A video I found on it is here: http://goo.gl/BJwytJ NOTE: I tried finding an actual video of one in action, but it seems the Navy isn't too keen on that, so the EPCOT will have to do.

-Hydroponics:
    This is a form of farming based on growing plants with nutrient-enriched water, some have used the Dr... byproduct of fish to enrich plants with nitrogen allowing for aquaponics. Maybe add a way to catch fish, farm them, and possibly instead of using whatever chemical you can use fish to enrich some of your plants.

Minor Suggestions:
    -When docking with the seamoth automatically close the doors in the docking bay area. It drives me insane when I see them.
    -Add doors or seals that you can place periodically in bases allowing for the aforementioned flooding of draining of a specific area.
    -More big feesh
    -This is kinda a snobby graphics comment, but now that Rad Suits are in dev versions maybe boost the resolution of the mothership wreck? Or possibly have its resolution boosted as you get closer to conserve da frames.

Well that's all, thanks for reading!
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    Rstd wrote: »
    A couple thing I'd like to see are:

-Pressurized Oxygen Tanks
    I personally like tanks that auto-refill when you surface and enter subs, but maybe if you want to go on a deep dive get pressurized oxygen canisters that require an expensive machine you can place in your base/escape pod/Cyclops, but allows for the tanks to last much longer, just that they don't auto-refill.

-Lockout Chambers:
    These are used in submarines for diver deployment, where essentially you stand in a room, which is slowly flooded with water, and then once entirely filled the doors to the sea open allowing for deployment. A video I found on it is here: http://goo.gl/BJwytJ NOTE: I tried finding an actual video of one in action, but it seems the Navy isn't too keen on that, so the EPCOT will have to do.

-Hydroponics:
    This is a form of farming based on growing plants with nutrient-enriched water, some have used the Dr... byproduct of fish to enrich plants with nitrogen allowing for aquaponics. Maybe add a way to catch fish, farm them, and possibly instead of using whatever chemical you can use fish to enrich some of your plants.

Minor Suggestions:
    -When docking with the seamoth automatically close the doors in the docking bay area. It drives me insane when I see them.
    -Add doors or seals that you can place periodically in bases allowing for the aforementioned flooding of draining of a specific area.
    -More big feesh
    -This is kinda a snobby graphics comment, but now that Rad Suits are in dev versions maybe boost the resolution of the motherhood wreck? Or possibly have its resolution boosted as you get closer to conserve data frames.

Well that's all, thanks for reading!

You know you can drive the sea moth into the cyclops you don,t have to drive the cyclops over it though that works too.

also dat engrish XD
  • PixelNexorPixelNexor Canada Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202676Members
    edited April 2015
    a few things that would be awesome
    bladder fish
    could refile over time so you could collect his water

boneshark
    could possibly fight for you (maybe make him harder to tame so its a bit more balanced)

jellyray
    could ride like seaglide

stalker
    find metal for you (maybe make him harder to tame so its a bit more balanced)

sand shark
    could ride like seaglide except on ground so you would hold his fin while he dug (maybe make him harder to tame so its a bit more balanced)

mesmer
    could stun small fish so you can collect them easier (peeper, airsack,spadefish....)

rabbitray
    could ride like seaglide

-it would give meaning to allot more creatures

-maybe make it that you could only have one or two at a time

-make some creatures territorial and some could be befriended with specific types of food

-add some sort of fish food (multiple types so some fish like different things)

-and maybe have like a peeper or others that i haven't mention as just a pet cause in game that your alone in the wild people tend to want a companion

-also with the farms you could alternatively collect there eggs to either cook and eat or hatch and raise

-the yellow fruit looking things on creep vine could maybe be food

-plants containing either salt, clean water or air

-make Mesmer change color for different moods (and actually stuns other fish and eat them)

-tamed fish either find food and return to you when there done eating or you feed them (so keep them alive or else they leave you or die)

-make new sea base part specifically for aquarium (filled with water obviously) and have maybe the choice to gather stuff from a biome like plants from a cave for cave dwelling fish (and darker aquarium) and when you did have the aquarium with plants and stuff they breed faster also choice in like a monitor or something for them to breed or not and you could create an automation upgrade that would either collect fish and store the or collect eggs and store them (might also help for the dna thing you are planning)

-able to make some hybrid creatures ex: in real life you can get a liger by have a tiger + a lion

- have some creatures to have similar and different breeds like the peeper and the oculus

-and make creature that are different like maybe in a small group of bladder fish you could have a big one 2 regular sized ones and some little tiny ones also add eggs and some none hostile creature could become hostile if approach while they are guarding eggs

-if you want to hatch egg to tame you build an incubator

-add allot more of secret and unique stuff (like island) so it would give you another reason to explore ex: rare species that are going instinct so there would be 3 to 5 or a whole school of them just to be unique and that if you killed them it would either be there would be none left or there would have another group that would be equally difficult to find somewhere else

-holographic map that would take scanners(would look like beacons maybe) to fill it out and upgrades so you can track you seamoth, cyclops, base, beacons and rescue pod (or some sort of gps)

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

[img][/img]stock-photo-futuristic-plastic-and-neon-tablet-device-103959407.jpg
  • MrJasmannMrJasmann USA Join Date: 2015-03-29 Member: 202696Members
    I love a ton of these ideas being thrown around over here. A couple that I thought of myself while playing, I was thinking perhaps some sustainable

means of energy generation as well. Sorenp's idea for solar panels is excellent, and I thought since we are underwater, what about a tidal

generator? This is an example of our existing means of tidal generation. Granted, I don't agree

with the design, I feel like there has to be a form that wouldn't be quite so invasive, but I digress. lavatube's idea for underwater docking for the

bases was another that I thought was fantastic, a room for either the Seamoth or Cyclops to dock into would be just killer. One that I'm not sure

has been tossed out by anyone yet was have 2x1 rooms and 2x2 rooms for the bases, I feel like even with the pressure mechanic you could still

manage. I just have an issue with the bases feeling so completely closed (I may or may not have been claustrophobic at some point in my life) and

as an engineer it's normal for me to focus primarily on building while playing. And I like to build things big and complex.
  • werdogwerdog bla bla bla Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202746Members
    floaters need a use so they are used for something like plz more uses or like there food to or something like that.

water purifier that make clean water cost's lot to build and need's a generator a one that generates power and sucks up a lot of power for a few clean water ( not disaffected, like the bladder fish water.

power generator on base building one thing don't name it a generator if it doesn't generate (sorry if it does I played and it didn't generate for me).

one big strong fish that goes to 40- 130 depth and kills for food and such and is not really around the spawn but will adventure randomly that way you don't spawn rate by one.

gold is uncommon no it isn't I'm sorry but I have so much gold it needs a little tweak.

less lag while close to base I don't have that good of a computer but I should be able to walk up to my base with the graphics on low and not be picture by picture (note sorry I'm not a good speller sorry.)

cpu's like fish people and they build towns but don't talk much and have to learn there talk, and have spears that hunt you if you damage or hurt them or there city (tiny city can't be big.)

more weapons make um harder to get I don't care like 3 iron 2 silicone and 2 titanium.
    iron used to build some tools and such.

be able to build your submarine make propellers hull all that good stuff and use iron lithuanuim and titanium.
    make the submarines gain a little more power from swimming (more cost) like it gains energy off the speed and the water moving but it still goes down not up, like it goes down slower, it's a little bit fast on the power.

power generator's have water proof tubes that you can drag up to a ship or have already been stuck into like a power storage (it's the generator but that's what I'm calling it).
    ships that have spikes status rifles attached to them and blue prints too add on to your custom ship. docking areas already been said but they have power cables attached to them to recharge your ship.

I have steam version of subnatuia (sorry if I spell that bad). I'm a YouTuber I love it I have 7...8 vids on it. but I feel like the steam needs some look at there discussions and updating them as soon as the system (subnatuia) updates.

that being said thanks for looking and I hope I didn't restate to much stuff sorry if I did, have a good day.
    edited March 2015
    creatures-

1 creature that can cloak himself but you can see him more like a seeable cloak but can see, he's a herbivore and has a weakness to the power stick ( 3 iron 1 battery 2 silicone 1 titanium a locker that can charge it way more power full spear,) he's a little big little bit more meaty than the staker. and when you kill him you have to have a knife and you can swing your knife at him (he has to be dead) and you collet meat that's 2 inv spaces big you cook it and it is about 40 hunger and 7 h20 reason for big measures is he fights back with his claws and teeth and he holds about 3-5 bites of meat. he's usually at sand biomes and has to be near life plants and creepvine but don't go near the bottom of creep five and doesn't like going to it and can die of starvation.

new plants you can harvest and eat raw lirnf 9 food 9 h20 water snack that reduces you hunger and h20 levels dropping for 10% for a half a day. water proof clock that's in your HUD. snarsh a plant that you need a sharp spear (1 spear and 1 sharpener stone use the stone on spear) that gives you 5 bites that give you 7 food and 7 h20.

sharpener stone you can grab randomly and any ground biome refills like 3 uses on the thing you use it on and if weapon does 10% more damage

land

randomly generated world and ( name of map start)

the ikwishei gardens a city with cpu's that have a little city have asoume look-in gardens

co-op I know you guyz want to do some other stuff just keep it in mine plz :)

animals

sla- a cave dwelling a little bit bigger than a stalker monster that will some times move his rock out of his cave and go hunting for stalkers great fighter and if seen run away, pale spots but dark skin, bleeders like hanging around him but not attacking him reason for bleader's he's cold blooded? and scanners don't pick him up.

scanner- hud mini map sees hot blooded not cold tho
    land

randomly generated world and ( name of map start)

the ikwishei gardens a city with cpu's that have a little city have asoume look-in gardens

co-op I know you guyz want to do some other stuff just keep it in mine plz :)

animals

sla- a cave dwelling a little bit bigger than a stalker monster that will some times move his rock out of his cave and go hunting for stalkers great fighter and if seen run away, pale spots but dark skin, bleeders like hanging around him but not attacking him reason for bleader's he's cold blooded? and scanners don't pick him up.

scanner- hud mini map sees hot blooded not cold tho
  • ArithuArithu Germany Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202750Members
    Here I have several suggestions:

1. Normal air tanks should be six stackable. So they take up less space, and are still fully functional.

2. Air tanks with 300 seconds of air. However, this should be twice stackable. Is only a temporary advantage, but would facilitate survival.

3. Little robotRemove the one a little work. But those should be used only in the vicinity of a base, and not more than 100 meters can remove from the base, maximum distance to the base would be appropriate 2km. These robots could have different purposes. Either capture animals - for the Survival mode -Mapping or certain commodities in certain areas. You should be able to adjust the robot accordingly, after what they should be looking for. Then give signal when they found relevant material!

4. An apparatus with which one can extract salt from the water.This salt should be used only for food and can not be converted into magnesium. To this end should still the salt, which can be found on the ocean floor, can be used.

5. Small robots that collect, for example, certain commodities. They are assigned to an area, and then get the set of raw materials,until your inventory is full and automatically return back to the base and upload it there in large boxes.

6. An oxygen generator, where you can fill in the water its bottles again and again. However, you must run at least 10 minutes before the part, so that you can get enough air for 300 seconds from the machine.

7. The precise function has the current generator?

Ressources ...

The Release rate should be changed a little of each resource! Although the periods are now at selected good enough in itself, but in the surface area up to 100m, it comes after each update first of all to small irregularities. Some areas remain once empty, and then it takes some time again,to the normal cycle begins again and one regularly finds something again.

In addition, the day / night cycle should be changed a little. I envision a 20 minute-day and a 10 minute night. Then the period would be long enough to actually scare you at night time in front of a predator so rightbecause the critters would then also significantly more active.

They have a maximum of 3 minutes and then extends even to escape the vicious creature itself, because you have only hide in a place that is still bright enough even at night. With a longer night this would no longer be the case,then one would have to take refuge either in its base or in the escape pod.

• Dublin716Dublin716 New York Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202753Members
    My idea is simple... Steal a few ideas from successful games
    The main one I had in mind was Arma/Dayz using the Alt key to turn just your head. When playing this game I get the feeling of... almost anxiety... that I am swimming with an entire open ocean behind me and anything could swim up whenever it wants. IMO There should be a giant sea monster or two that eats you whole but the ability to look over ones shoulder to see whats coming up behind them I feel would be a minor tweak that would help people feel a tiny bit more secure while playing.

Also being a builder from several other games starting with UO and ending currently in DayZ and Wildstar I can say that the more freedom one has in their base building the better the experience. If people can do half the stuff that they can do on Minecraft or Wildstar they will buy this game just for that factor alone.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    Aahhh u DEVs are smart ^^ giving us clever hints! The Alterra logo on the Knife and ship... the aquatic thema of the Natural Selection Structures... and the fact that Subnautica short SN uses the same letters as the shortform of Natural Selection NS! u planed that, right?! ^^ oh boy i can't wait what will be announced in the future! *fingers crossed
  • masonmasmasonmas america Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202764Members
    Possibly sometime in the future of development, i would like it if you guys could make some sort of character custimization. Something were you can change your suit color or decide if you want to wear gloves or not. Also, it would be nice if you can go to a vertical surface and push off of it to get a boost. Tell me what you think
  • T4ng10rT4ng10r Poland Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202766Members
    edited March 2015
    • Base provides oxygen. From where? Module - air purifier or extractor from water, requiring power to work. This introduce concept of air pressure. Each second player is inside he consume oxygen, lowering its amount and triggering module to generate. When player isn't inside base oxygen won't be generated and power won't be consumed. If you're thinking about some air/gases narcosis or pressure intoxication effects - then this could be used where malfunctioning air module could introduce them.
      Player could attach pipes to base oxygen generator instead of providing connection from water surface.
    • Base lights Intensity of internal light, outside light spotters (don't know the exact word) placed in predefined spots. Player could chose from few light types (differentiated by light cone, power, range, color). Light consume power, co if player isn't close or inside base – he would wish to change light settings. Turn them down to low, emergency/maintenance level or even deactivate. For this base would require some configuration panel.
      Light attract fishes. Those small and eatable or those big, dangerous and aggressive.
    • Power balance. More corridors, more oxygen to create and maintain pressure, more modules and lights consume power and fuel. Some panel to monitor energy in/outs, allowing to deactivate or lower modules power usage.
    • Base as radar/sonar station. Gathers land profile read outs as long as it stay operational. By operational I mean powered up, not damaged (to much) and with all necessary resources. For example: fuel for generator and crystal for radar dish or detector. Gathered read-outs would be visible in cyclop or in seamoth during exploration. Nothing fancy, land profile.
      Those fuel and used material req would force player to visit remote outpost from time to time to provide maintenance and refill used resources in storage.
    • Navigation Currently – beside beacons – player is forced to rely on his own memory. Beacons with names and tab in PDA is some step in sorting things out.
      If player had working base radars providing feed for navigation modules in underwater ships – he could create some highlighted paths/trails leading him i.e. to next base placed deep in caves. This could lower late game boredom and increase focus on end game targets.
    • Managing bases Maintaining network of those outpost would require communication module for outpost and stronger (and more resource/power consuming) command module in base designated as main.
    • Bases as factory Consuming nearby resources or those from storage and creating others. I must admit that this idea may strongly change your game vision.
      Creating lots of factories consuming their own products in complicated network of connection and dependencies – like in X games series, ie. X3: Terran conflict. Some resource are unstable and need to be stored in big pressure containers or environments to keep them from vanishing or exploding (delivering small or big amount of area damage).
    • Docking port For transport capabilities. Seamoth or cyclop docks and player can easily transfer resources from base storage. This is essential to realize resource refill trips to remote outpost. Maybe seamoth with cargo section as addon as cyclop would be too slow for transport runs.
    • Storage section If locker is placed nearby fabricator unit - player shouldn't have to place resources in backpack to create anything. If necessary resources are available from lockers - than take them. Cyclop section or seabases.
    • Something fancy - underwater whirlpool which would suck player to cave system. It could at least heavily damage seamoth and cyclop. In exchange - maybe access to some valuable resources or just dangerous location.
  • TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    I love the idea of the radar, gathering topographic info and why not moves of the fauna and currents ? Link it to a meteo tower on a surface base would be a good thing to, this way we can more understand how the planet live and evolve (especially if our actions are impactfull).
    As for the navigation system, it's a good idea (but non essential imo) and can be linked to the remote robot that Arithu (and others in another thread) talked about.

µI, too, would like to see a possibility to create our hown vehicule (seabase are already good, even if they need more type rooms/machines of all sorts to be ureally usefull, but it's discusse elsewhere), with blueprint parts that be can be found/research (but yes I knwo it's a big deal).
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    @skellow hi there, first thx for the feedback! but ur "agrees" and "disagrees" seems somewhat random to me, maybe u can write one or two sentence to help the other forum-members to improve on there idears or to give the DEVs a better hint what is actually bothering u on some idears and what is appealing to u on others!
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited April 2015
    Just a little something I whipped up...

Alterra Corp TFS 'Aurora'.

Personal Log: Selkirk, A.
    Employee #: 105/8874. Maintenance Division.
    Mission Time: Day 232, 2171 C.E

Day One:
    "Still not entirely sure how I survived. One thing is dead certain though... If I hadn't actually been working inside Pod 5 at the time, I probably wouldn't have. Aurora arrived at P-M(H)2257 about two days ago, and the bridge crew had just commenced scanning the planet to find a suitable place to land. Roughly ten minutes after I entered the pod, a huge explosion rocked the ship. My first thought was that one of the drive reactors had gone prompt, but couldn't figure out a single reason why it would have done so. Dark Matter fusion cores aren't capable of prompt supercritical reactions. Even the slightest imbalance would cause the field to collapse and the reaction simply stops. That's basic physics. *clears throat* Anyway, I digress... The automated failsafe system locked the pod, and I barely had enough time to buckle the restraint harness before it ejected. As the pod vectored into its descent profile, I was able to get a quick look at Aurora before it passed out of visual range. It didn't look good. There was a gaping hole blown clean through the ship, just for'ard of the drive nacelles. She was going down hard."

Day Three:
    "Still haven't seen any other lifepods yet. The Aurora crash-landed about three klicks from my current position, but I can't get any closer than 500 metres or so. There's hard radiation pouring out of the drive section, presumably from the auxiliary fission cores. If anyone did survive the crash onboard, they're as good as dead by now. I've tried approaching the hull a couple of times from different angles, but the Micro-Med implant couldn't keep up with the damage I was taking. The radiation count is off the scale."

"Taking stock of the situation, I reckon I stand a fair chance of surviving long enough to be rescued. However... It's going to be at least six months before Aurora is listed as overdue, and since I don't have a working distress beacon or a tachyon-burst transceiver (Three guesses what particular items got slagged during the emergency landing), I'm going to have to make it pretty damn obvious that there's still someone alive down here."

Day Four:
    "Call me paranoid, but I think something down here took a pot-shot at Aurora. In my book, that's scary. Whoever they are, they have made it very clear that our presence here is highly unwelcome. Judging by the primary impact damage to the hull, Aurora was hit by a powerful particle beam weapon of some kind. Huge areas of hull plating have run like candle wax. Takes something pretty nasty to do that. Assuming that I can get this info out there before the rescue ship arrives, I'd suggest sending down the smallest shuttle you have onboard. Tread softly."

Day Fifteen:
    "It's a good thing I'm a sushi buff. When I get back, I'm definitely going to have a quiet word with the Tech folks at Alterra. Don't get me wrong; the Fabricator is a fine piece of survival kit, but it's in dire need of a few small but highly crucial tweaks. Would it have killed anyone to include a protein resequencer module? Call me a whiny little [REDACTED] if you want, but a bit of variety would be greatly appreciated by anyone in this same situation. Morale is also a survival factor, you know.

And gorram it... Fish needs soy sauce and wasabi."

Day Seventeen:
    "Things are definitely looking up. I found a small island yesterday. Approximately five klicks south of the Aurora. Not particularly large as islands go, but it's kind of special. It floats. There are these basketball-sized critters called 'floaters', and they attach themselves to rocks of various sizes. When enough of them have gathered on a particular rock, it floats to the surface. As far as I can tell, this island appears to be one of their long-term projects. On the underside of the island, there is a colony of huge floaters supporting it. Presumably, each one of the large floaters is either a super-colony of smaller floaters, or the sessile form of a single mature floater. I'll just leave that out there for the Exobiology team to ruminate upon. Anyway, one of my minor gripes has resolved itself rather nicely. I now have acceptable local substitutes for soy sauce and wasabi. Pity about the rice, though. Still working on that. The existence of an island is crucial to moving things along past bare-bones survival. An oxygen atmosphere will support combustion-based technology and permit a wider range of chemical reactions. If I'm going to be stuck here for any appreciable length of time, it may be necessary to go right back to basics, particularly if the Fabricator goes on the fritz. I've built several in various locations as back-ups, but there's no guarantees out here. Manual smelting and forging may become necessary at some stage. I'd rather not wait idly until this becomes a serious issue."

Day Eighteen:
    "I've been extremely busy. This is one of the reasons that it took me so long to discover that island. Incidentally, I have decided to call P-M(H)2257 'Manannán', naming it after the Celtic deity of the sea, Manannán mac Lir. As far as I know, it doesn't have an official name other than its planetary catalogue ID. Correct me if I'm wrong, by all means. However, if I do manage to contact some sentient local inhabitants, all bets are off. We'll have to go with their name for this world. Thinking back on the Aurora's crash, I would strongly recommend against attempting any further terraforming projects here. For one thing; Manannán is eminently habitable as it is, and the ecology of the planet appears to be balanced to perfection. There are numerous stable food webs in action, and I have done my level best to stay out of the most obvious ones. Large apex predators such as the Stalker, Sand Shark and Bone Shark are best avoided altogether, although the Stalker is particularly intriguing for its displays of magpie-like behaviour. They are attracted to scrap metal for some reason, and I have seen them collecting pieces of hull plating and depositing it in caches. That's another puzzler I'll leave for the Exobio chaps."

Day Nineteen:
    "Had my first encounter with a Crash and a Bleeder today. The Crash was relatively easy to avoid. That angry squealing sound is ample warning for anyone. They normally live inside a rock-like carapace with petals that open and launch the Crash on its kamikaze run against an unsuspecting interloper. I was quick with the stasis rifle and froze the little [REDACTED] in its tracks. A surprisingly powerful explosion ensued. Fortunately, I was just outside the blast radius. However, I wasn't so lucky with the Bleeder. Damn thing latched onto my arm and nearly bled me dry before I made it back to the Seamoth. It let go, eventually. Seems like they don't like to stray too far from home. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Might give the exploration caper a bit of a miss today... Putter around in the Cyclops (DSV Calypso II), maybe put my feet up for a spell."

Day Twenty-Three:
    "This is no way for a man to live... Cowering inside a tin can. Sooner or later, I'm going to need more food and water. One side of me is completely rattled, while the other is furious and frustrated with what I've recently become. There are only two options left at this point... Either starve to death because I'm too afraid to set foot in the water again, or cruise the reefs and canyons like a born and bred apex predator."

Day Twenty-Five:
    "Still here. Just popping out for a midnight swim."

Day Thirty:
    "Well, the main undersea base (Aurora Station) is nearly complete. Corridors are fine and all, but I could really use some habitation module templates. Not that I'm complaining, of course. Titanium is absolutely no problem. Got a nearby gang of Stalkers helping with the collection. I give them fish, they give me scrap. It's a sweet deal. Quartz, silver, gold and copper nodules are reasonably plentiful too, and I've taken pains to deliberately steer clear of Crashes and Bleeders. My greatest mistake was keeping my eyes too widely peeled for the big biters, when in fact the smallest critters posed a far greater threat. However, I've also learned that I'm not the biggest, baddest fish in this particular pond. Consider the Reefback. Combine a turtle, whale and squid in one immense package. Luckily, it's non-aggressive. There's always an uncomfortable suspicion that even larger beasties are wandering around out there in the deeps, and it's only a matter of time until one of them comes a-knocking. Question is; will they be bringing tea and dumplings as a housewarming gift, or a particle beam weapon?"

Day Thirty-Two:
    "Took some quiet time today to remember the folks aboard Aurora. Used a terraformer and some spare hull plating to raise a cairn to the memory of their passing. I don't follow any Book in particular, but said some words over it anyway. Just hope it got them where they felt they needed to go."

Day Thirty-Five:
    "I conjure the brains trust at Alterra Corp haven't done much actual diving. While I appreciate the handy auto-fill system they've incorporated into the standard-issue modular diving rig, there are several modifications that I would appreciate even more. Firstly, the use of pure oxygen is playing merry hell with my body chemistry. Switch the breathing gas to Trimix (Oxygen, Nitrogen and Helium or Hydrogen for Tetramix). This will permit deep diving and not ending up like a dead, rather annoyed pretzel, should my Micro-Med implant suddenly stop working for some reason. Secondly, has no-one heard of cryogenic gas storage, for Pete's sake? Those dinky little tanks hold thirty, yes thirty seconds of lung-bung each. Takes four of the damned things to get anywhere near a decent bottom-time, and even that's none too impressive. Even ten minutes per tank would be a blessing in this rather moist environment... Know what I'm saying? Noticed rebreather and exo-suit templates in the PDA, which would be mighty handy if they actually worked. Almost embarrassed myself to death the first time I tried using them. Luckily, I had a single tank just in case. Okay. That got most of the rant out of my system. Feeling much better now. Deep breaths... Yeah."

"Seriously though, there are many modifications that could be implemented in the PDA templates for the Fabricator and its products. While the Cyclops is a highly capable DSV design, it is my professional opinion that its depth rating is excessively modest, given the current situation. A maximum depth rating of 500 metres and a crush depth of 750 meters is not entirely unreasonable... 250 metres and 350 metres respectively for the Seamoth would be more than acceptable. The Cyclops would also benefit from having a more extensive suite of sensors such as a sidescan sonar, 3D HUD piloting sonar, depth under keel readout, automated mapping system, waypoint navigation and a HUD compass with numeric readout. If possible, a small reconnaissance ROV could be deployed from either the Seamoth or Cyclops when scouting particularly hazardous locations. Weapons may also be necessary at some stage. The stasis rifle is fine for avoiding trouble, but when that trouble comes looking for you, it might be wise to invest in some significant defensive firepower. Base defence turrets may also be required, particularly if the local sentients turn out unfriendly. I'm still prepared to give them the benefit of a doubt, even after they downed the Aurora. Lot of good folks died that day, but I'm not prepared to start a shooting war just yet."