Suggestion: RC Drones, Submarines and All-terrain exploration vehicle's (Caterpillar tracks).

The_Big_Bad_W8lfThe_Big_Bad_W8lf England Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202178Members
These are just some of my ideas for future updates or when modding becomes a easier task. (I like thinking, :). when modding becomes a thing feel free to use my ideas, I'm not a talented designer.)

Suggestion 1: A Cyclops like submarine called "Nautilus" (Example) that is 1/3 of the size with a flood-able airlock and a similar control room to the Cyclops but with a smaller width and only 1 lower deck room (The flood-able airlock.) At the back center of the control room with be a ladder leading to the Airlock. At the front of the submarine, the window for the captain; it will be quite wide, with a small height. Behind the ladder there will be a space the same size of the room on the Cyclops between the Seamoth launch bay and the control room. This room will have a cylinder shaped airlock at the back that when interacted with places you inside the Vessel stored there (E.g. Seamoth and etc), The vessels will come out of a opening hatch beneath the submarine. Safe Depth of 300, crush depth of 450.

Suggestion 2: A Vessel/All-terrain exploration vehicle which will go great with this is the "Stingray" A theoretical idea for deep sea exploration at high pressures. This vehicle will use caterpillar tracks, and is used best on smooth surfaces. This vehicle will be used with the Nautilus and will drop out of the deployment hatch on the bottom of the vessel, You would have to be quite close to the seabed for deployment to be an available option. It could be 2* the size of the Seamoth in scale. Safe depth of 350, crush depth of 450.

Suggestion 3: Drones, Launch-able from ports on sides of various submarines. They can be created an then installed for deployment when required, you approach the console that is set for drone RC inside the vessel. A video feed appears on your screen with simple controls as well as a method for collecting resources. It will have a basic inventory that can be accessed when the drone has returned to the ship by pressing a button, (E.g. Return to vessel.). The drones can be repaired, and are about the size of a Rabbitray. Here's what it could look like.

1000x571_3332_Underwater_drone_2d_sci_fi_drone_r.jpg

Credit to whoever drew that, found it online "I don't take any credit for the drawing but its so much like how i expected the drone to look like in my idea :)." Feel free to add on to my ideas bellow, Come up with more detailed ideas following on from mine if you want :). Safe depth of 100, crush depth of 200. Discuss ideas bellow. Thank you for reading :). I just had to share my ideas, this game has a bright future if it continues how it is.

Comments

• The_Big_Bad_W8lfThe_Big_Bad_W8lf England Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202178Members
    Boom, :)....Anyone? XD. I Hate loneliness :)
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    I love every single one of these ideas. Do you have any creature ideas? I would love for you to contribute to my thread "Subnautica Wildlife" if you do. Also post this stuff on my thread "Tools and Vehicles of Subnautica" as they would get plenty of views there :)
  • The_Big_Bad_W8lfThe_Big_Bad_W8lf England Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202178Members
    I love every single one of these ideas. Do you have any creature ideas? I would love for you to contribute to my thread "Subnautica Wildlife" if you do. Also post this stuff on my thread "Tools and Vehicles of Subnautica" as they would get plenty of views there :)
    Thanks man :), and yeh I have loads of ideas :). I like to think and I love to hear peoples opinions for my creations. ill be sure to post on your threads :). Live long and prosper friend :).

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    We've had a few suggestions on these forums for URV drones, boats, viewing gallery subs, diving bells etc. All are great ideas. Let's hope some of them make it into the game eventually! :D
    We've had a few suggestions on these forums for URV drones, boats, viewing gallery subs, diving bells etc. All are great ideas. Let's hope some of them make it into the game eventually! :D
    Like you said everyone has great ideas, its just waiting to see if any are implemented in the future :). I cant wait for modding support, If there will be... Lol :). I'm I love with this game... Ahhhh... :). Live long and prosper friend :) I think ones Id love to see are "URV's" and viewing gallery subs :).
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Actually I think technically they are Unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV) :D
    edited March 2015
    Actually I think technically they are Unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV) :D
    I dont even know XD, There are so many terms :)... I think URV stands for Unmanned reconnaissance Vehicle. But UUV sounds fine to me :)