Subnautica Public Playtest Session! Come join us Tuesdays and help out!

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi all

I'm one of the animators working on Subnautica, but I also help run the internal Playtesting team. Our aim is to try and find as many bugs as possible with Subnautica, pass them to the relevant programmer get them fixed. :) We normally run 2 internal playtest sessions a week, but this week we have decided to do something a little different...

As you're aware, we LOVE to be open and public with pretty much as much of our development process as possible, so you guys can see and get involved in the development process for Subnautica. This time, we're wanting to go one step further and invite anyone who wants to join us in our Playtest Session for tomorrow, Tuesday 03/03/15!

Things you will need to take part:
  • To be available at this time - 13:00 PM PDT(West Coast USA) / 4 PM EDT (East Coast USA) / 9 PM GMT(UK) / 10 PM CET(Europe)
  • 2-3 hours of free time (subject to change)
  • A Windows PC
  • A Microphone and good spoken English
  • Subnautica in your Steam Library
  • Teamspeak 3 software (download here - http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
  • Teamspeak Server info: ts3.gameservers.com:9120 password: subt3st
  • ScreenShot and Movie recording Software (we recommend https://getsharex.com/ and http://www.fraps.com/)
  • A UnknownWorlds Forum Account (for posting your bugs and info!)
  • Lots of patience
  • A good attitude and can play well with others :)

Please note, the password above won't work until the allotted time.

Thanks everyone for being so vocal and supportive of Subnautica! We really do appreciate all the tweets, posts and videos made of our game. You guys are helping us make Subnautica better. We can't wait to see you! :)

-Obraxis
Subnautica Animator

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    Oooooohhhh... wait.... is this an unannounced multiplayer test? ;D I'll definitely be there ready to go! Do we need experimental build or just regular build for this? :)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Oooooohhhh... wait.... is this an unannounced multiplayer test? ;D I'll definitely be there ready to go! Do we need experimental build or just regular build for this? :)
    Most likely a "regular" test, where we all do the same thing at the same time. (eg. following resproduction steps to force a bug, and see if it has been fixed)
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Well I can dream can't I :P Still gonna be there to help out. Since I'm a software QA engineer for a living, I kinda already am familiar with these processes lol ^_^
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    I hope we will get a technical / bug reporting forum section specifically for this feedback, to avoid the stuff getting lost in general discussions :)
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    If I can get out of these meetings early enough, count me in.
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Not sure if I can make it, certainly gonna try, but great opportunity given to the community. Thanks for hosting Obraxis. Hope folks bring a polite, fun, and helpful spirit and that it goes well...would be nice to have these types of open sessions more than once, but that is likely on us.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    You guys have fun, ill be shaking my fist at midterms

Find some bugs for me xP
  • Terik92Terik92 Spain Join Date: 2015-02-05 Member: 201219Members
    edited March 2015
    Maybe my english is not the best, but I think it's enough good to join the playtest. I'll do my best this night to help with the bugs.

EDIT: Just one last question, but I think I know the answer. Is the playtest going to be with the experimental branch loaded??
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    @Terik You should have that branch running. It has today's build and so you can play with all the new hotness. etc
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    @Obraxis This event was really appreciated and hopefully somewhat helpful to you guys (in a few more bugs swatted), despite it being hard for us not to digress into general game feedback many times...myself very much included. Very hard not to do that when you have the devs ear(s) in real-time. :) I really enjoyed hearing the community and you guys (devs) first hand. The main goal was to hunt down bugs but it was also great just to enjoy the "pool party" and discuss the game together. Thanks for your patience in a gathering of mostly novice testers and for listening to various feedback ideas bounced around throughout, especially at the end during overtime. :) It was an awesome early (special) access experience. Cheers.
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    Here's the error log for a heap crash while loading a saved game. I was noticing some major framerate drops before saving/restarting wondering if it was just a bad reaction to shutting down FRAPS that also made me lose access to the Steam overlay. This may have somehow contributed to a corrupted save?

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey guys, come join us for today's PUBLIC playtest! SLIGHT CHANGE TO TIMES:

13:00 PM PDT(West Coast USA) / 16:00 PM EDT (East Coast USA) / 21:00 PM GMT(UK) / 22:00 PM CET(Europe)

Same details as is on the first post. See you all there!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Obraxis The only change I can see in the times from the original post is the fact you've used 24hr clock. Have you forgotten to alter a time somewhere?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Please also note the change of TS3 server. Thanks!