Skulks with Shotguns!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    bp2008 wrote: »
    Bug: if skulk carrying gorge dies near ceiling, gorge can get stuck "outside the map" and be unretrievable until it times out.

Guys, I TOLD you it should walk back! ;)
    Kaneh wrote: »
    Deathmatch isn't very statisfying as is. maybe a time limit and scoring by # of frags. that or change it to team death match.

CTF is remarkably fun tho.

Agreed.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just joined a server and I got this bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cyber-Kun/screenshot/3332964909614129994

Pressing tab/J does nothing and the mouse is locked. Wut do?
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Mods that I have active at the time.

Cute Gorge Eyes.
    Gorge Love Spray.
    Custom HUD
    DVoX's Crosshair.

Server wise it was the custom map server that the ground tends to run.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    It's probably CHUD, if you open the console you'll have tons of errors in console. CHUD is meant for vanilla NS2 and anything that doesn't deviate much from vanilla NS2.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    As skulks with shotguns doesn't use gorges as players, you should probably turn off Gorge Love Spray while playing SWS too. Cute Gorge Eyes should be okay, and the crosshairs will be for sure.
    If the server just randomly switched to a SWS mode, how would I be able to disable my mods without rejoining then?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Unfortunately, that isn't possible, as far as I am aware. It is the big problem with the mod implementation as it is. Sometimes I fire up one of my mods, and forget to turn off everything else, and end up with similar problems.

As long as there are mods that overwrite the same files, the last loaded mod always wins.

Saying that I have code in Proving Grounds, which I need to add to GorgeCraft, which turns off all non-PG mods when the mod is launched, although again, that is only for the main menu, not sure if it would work on an in-game switch.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    The thing i don't get is that normally client enabled mods like CHUD shouldn't pass the consistency check of those server and therefor you disable themself if the server hasn't enable it.

So maybe inform the admin of that server to get his consistency check fixed because allowing .entry and lua files is never a good idea ;)
    It's the SCC custom map server, I believe he is talking about...
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that isn't possible, as far as I am aware. It is the big problem with the mod implementation as it is. Sometimes I fire up one of my mods, and forget to turn off everything else, and end up with similar problems.

As long as there are mods that overwrite the same files, the last loaded mod always wins.

Saying that I have code in Proving Grounds, which I need to add to GorgeCraft, which turns off all non-PG mods when the mod is launched, although again, that is only for the main menu, not sure if it would work on an in-game switch.
    CHUD doesn't overwrite anything, it's all hooks, but it does expect certain things to exist in the game. But yeah, if the server checked the entry consistency it'd disable itself.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Hey Gibs, Nice Looking map, but are there any walls? SWS is not fun to play if there is no wall-jumping involved..
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Released a small 263 Dropship compatibility update yesterday! The mod seems to be working fine so far.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yesterday, I tried to join the the EU SWS servers ("Thirsty Onos #SWS" and "ns2-fr.com"). Both gave me a "server mod out of date" error. A friend got the same result, so it's unlikely that it was just a problem on my end.

Today I tried again - and it worked as it should, although there was no mod update in-between.

Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure where to report this, so I thought I'd post it here. It would be a shame if SWS servers stayed empty just because there's some technical issue...
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    just tested on the SCC server. Seems all good. Its more than likely a client side issue.
    Find the map in the workshop. Unsubscribe.
    Then go into users/mrfangs/appdata/roaming/Natural selection 2/ find the Sws directory and delete the whole thing. Then resubscribe and try again.
    I know the SCC server is working so try that one.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Any way to get spec mode at the bare minimum 'working' on most of the maps? We want to run a tournament, but the only way to spec is 1st person.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What happened to this mod? It was HUGE for a couple months, now it's just dead!
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    @sebastianoswell I'll get everyone to add commander camera's to the map.
    @BeigeAlert to keep people interested in a community this small i think you need a steady stream of updates. Ultimately it's the result of a mod jam, so after we spent 2 weeks making it we all had to get back to our main projects. That said Flaterectomy is still working on his CTG and we will return to polish everything up at some point soon. Something like a tournament might motivate us to do that sooner rather than later. Keep me informed! :D
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Howser wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert to keep people interested in a community this small i think you need a steady stream of updates. Ultimately it's the result of a mod jam, so after we spent 2 weeks making it we all had to get back to our main projects. That said Flaterectomy is still working on his CTG and we will return to polish everything up at some point soon. Something like a tournament might motivate us to do that sooner rather than later. Keep me informed! :D

@Howser‌

Will do, I think this mod has great potential to be a fun to watch and fun to play mini tournament option as something alternative to vanilla NS2.
    I'll keep you up to date on our plans.

It's a great game but there is not a lot of depth. Unfortunately, most of the still active playerbase in NS2 are the one's that are here for the depth of NS2. Maybe Skulks with Shotguns would have more success as mod of NS2:Combat. Hmm, I wonder, is Combat going to be moddable or not, as in, will it ship with the Spark tools?
    edited April 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    It's a great game but there is not a lot of depth. Unfortunately, most of the still active playerbase in NS2 are the one's that are here for the depth of NS2. Maybe Skulks with Shotguns would have more success as mod of NS2:Combat. Hmm, I wonder, is Combat going to be moddable or not, as in, will it ship with the Spark tools?

Good luck staying afloat without community content! I'm sure they'll ship the tools with it. If not, the ns2 stuff will probably work just fine... perhaps with a few modifications.
    Howser wrote: »

@Howser Need to get some competitive sws teams setup!
  • NarkoweedNarkoweed Kingston Join Date: 2014-12-24 Member: 200249Members
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Narkoweed wrote: »
    NEED IT BACK :<

Oh yes, I would love to have SWS as pregame. If that's even possible.
    @DaanVanYperen is the man you guys need to pester... he's the SWS Programmer
    edited February 2015
    Oh don't bother, I'll get him for you.

@DaanVanYperen DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Released v0.0.18
    - Support for Build 274

(Not compatible with NS2+, sorry. Shine seems to work fine)

Thanks to @SamusDroid for fixing the mod!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Needs a server. Will play.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    The Spark Crafter Collective server is running it at the moment. Feel free to seed! (I just had the most fun 1 on 1 SWS game I ever had against Creed there myself!)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Spark Crafter Collective server is running it at the moment. Feel free to seed! (I just had the most fun 1 on 1 SWS game I ever had against Creed there myself!)

Purrfect. Saddly is 200+ ping. Worth it for SWS
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm excited. Gimme gimme gimme