HOTFIX Build 274 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Zavaro I look forward to besieging Astrovulva next time we play nyx :D

Decoy would awesome this post.
    RadimaX wrote: »
    getting closer to build 300 now...
    NS3 CONFIRMED.

Also, fun fact, the updates we've put out as the CDT are increasingly inching towards the fiftieth build released post-launch (just three more builds! yeeee!). To put our work into perspective, the last eight were entirely CDT driven!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Well after playing for a while now on the 274 build i can say this:
    -Mod are fine now. yay!
    -Regs are ugly for alien it seems... yaaaay-huuuu... When they get surprised; the Marines just have to jump around, jump around, jump around, and shoot some bullets in every direction. It actually seems to work.

On the bright side i had the best marine score of my entire NS2 playtime. And as the player base is reduced to a whole bunch of non rookie players (if not pro); i guess, maybe it's not me who improved. And of course it's reversed on the other side. You see the biting animation but no damage while it's supposed to be ok.

I guess it worth an investigation and a line on the TODO list.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2015
    PS my rifle jammed today. I thought that was fixed?
    I think i tried reloading but then tried shooting again (fade disappeared but came back)?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think i tried reloading but then tried shooting again (fade disappeared but came back)?
    Rifle jam bug is still around. It is very hard to reproduce.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @UncleCrunch
    Thanks for the feedback, and yea we are actively working on that, feel free to track progress here: https://trello.com/c/TIyg0TRQ/456-hit-registration-de-sync-issue
  • RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    Rifle jam bug is still around. It is very hard to reproduce.

I feel like it happens more often when the performance is bad, I get this bug nearly every time I play on wooza but see it very rarely on other servers. This is totally anecdotal though.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    This feels realistic though! I've got a broken rifle once, a day or two ago. It had a completely black display (no ammo count) and didn't shoot and didn't reload at all, even when I switched to pistol and back. I could feel for my marine avatar, she was sent to this messy mission and they gave her a defective rifle. She died for nothing because some techie haven't checked the damn gun.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    rkfg wrote: »
    This feels realistic though! I've got a broken rifle once, a day or two ago. It had a completely black display (no ammo count) and didn't shoot and didn't reload at all, even when I switched to pistol and back. I could feel for my marine avatar, she was sent to this messy mission and they gave her a defective rifle. She died for nothing because some techie haven't checked the damn gun.

It happened to me once. No idea why. Someone provided me some broken weapon, Marines do not get enough money to provide quality weapons for all!
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hell yeah, aliens have much better equipment that never fails! Biotech wins over the conventional tech.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hell yeah, aliens have much better equipment that never fails! Biotech wins over the conventional tech.

This can't be true, when was the last time you saw a skulk go to the dentist?
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    This can't be true, when was the last time you saw a skulk go to the dentist?
    You noticed that no matter what its teeth look like, it bites just as good as if they're white and shiny, did you? They don't need dentists at all because of the power of biotech, told ya. Or they just have a life too short, maybe. ^^
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    They won't be able to chomp through anything if all they have is gums ^^
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    do fades get a manicure?
    need to look pretty for the pointy pointy stabby stabby
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    The gorge gets a belly rub, the lerk is allowed to hang in his cage, and the onos is massaged head to toe.

All off camera, of course.
    edited February 2015
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    The gorge gets a belly rub, the lerk is allowed to hang in his cage, and the onos is massaged head to toe.

Someone should do a fan art of that hahahaha
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Kobe Onos.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

Kobe Onos.

which would taste best? we've got pork, beef, and poultry. Skulk would probably taste terrible, but the other ones... gorgies look delicious.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Skulks have shark teeth, they just bite and bite until they fallout, and new ones replace them!
    Benson wrote: »

Skulks have shark teeth, they just bite and bite until they fallout, and new ones replace them!

When I was but a wee skulk, my teeth fell out many times. I just egged for a few seconds and they were back.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »

It happened to me once. No idea why. Someone provided me some broken weapon, Marines do not get enough money to provide quality weapons for all!

That would be directive #623. Corp HQ has outsourced the rifle manufacturer to the lowest bidder. The failure rate of the rifles are 3 times higher than the previous manufacturer - but it is still within our acceptable failure rate of 10% in the field. That is why we provide a side arm, plus you can unjam if you reload. You should read directive #661, HQ is thinking of taking the side arm away as the recruitment drive for additional grunts was unusually successful this year.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

That would be directive #623. Corp HQ has outsourced the rifle manufacturer to the lowest bidder. The failure rate of the rifles are 3 times higher than the previous manufacturer - but it is still within our acceptable failure rate of 10% in the field. That is why we provide a side arm, plus you can unjam if you reload. You should read directive #661, HQ is thinking of taking the side arm away as the recruitment drive for additional grunts was unusually successful this year.

all you have to unjam it is to drop it on the floor and pick it back up.

apparently it's an Apple III
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_III#Design_flaws
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »

all you have to unjam it is to drop it on the floor and pick it back up.

apparently it's an Apple III
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_III#Design_flaws

But once you drop your weapon (which is not in the SOP), the warranty is no longer valid. Something about the user likely being deceased or the fact that you just dropped your weapon in a hostile zone which would also invalidate your worker insurance with the TSA as you have knowingly put yourself or others in danger. ;-)

Kobe Onos.

Raised and slaughtered in australia. Poor onos. T.T

Kobe Onos.

Raised and slaughtered in australia. Poor onos. T.T

I don't know if I feel worse for the onos, or the poor Aussie who had to massage all over the onos including the those nasty tails.

• MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    I don't know if I feel worse for the onos, or the poor Aussie who had to massage all over the onos including the those nasty tails.
    Once upon a time, Onos got massaged from the inside.

[/miss devour]

• roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    roxxkatt wrote: »
    ......ladies

She must be roomy
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    Ya'll are fuckin weird.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited February 2015
    could you define weird?
    ** Evidently, you can. No need to share that here --Comprox