The 'speed' command isn't working

d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
So I'm trying to set up a server for training purposes and I have run into an issue. It seems the the command 'speed' is no longer working. I should be able to run it as I am the server administrator and cheats are enabled. No mods are running.

What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with the later build(s)?

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    As far as I know, this command has never worked by using the ingame console and typing the said command.

Only the Webadmin panel can do so. If not, I've been fooled and would like some explanations as well.

EDIT: I got some explanations but it's too confusing for me, I leave that to the pro. :)
  • HellwireDHellwireD Join Date: 2015-01-18 Member: 200904Members
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    yeah speed is a server console only command so it only works via rcon.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    HellwireD wrote: »
    sh_rcon speed x
    Yes indeed. This works. Thank you all very much!

Edit: Follow-up question! Is it safe to give mods access to the command "sh_rcon speed" or will that also give them access to run "sh_rcon"?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    sh_rcon speed x

Edit: Follow-up question! Is it safe to give mods access to the command "sh_rcon speed" or will that also give them access to run "sh_rcon"?

sh_rcon is a shine command, the shine rights system allows you to allow only certain arguments for a command:

https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users#group-command-argument-restrictions

Also no it's not safe to give access to sh_rcon because that's basically the same as giving ppl access to the server console. There are mostly no restrictions when running a command throw rcon.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    sh_rcon speed x

sh_rcon is a shine command, the shine rights system allows you to allow only certain arguments for a command:

https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users#group-command-argument-restrictions

Also no it's not safe to give access to sh_rcon because that's basically the same as giving ppl access to the server console. There are mostly no restrictions when running a command throw rcon.

Excellent. Thank you very much! This was just what I was looking for. So if I'm understanding this correctly the code I should add in the list of commands the moderators can run is:
    {"Command": "sh_rcon", "Allowed":{"1": "speed"}}

?
    Yes that should work as intended.
    Yes that should work as intended.

Awesome. Thank you very much!