NS2 Assets?

ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
I understand you guys want this project to have a distinct visual theme from NS2, but will those assets be available for player-made mods? Maybe even including some of the scripting as a baseline, i.e. movement/abilities/commander mode. It would definitely be popular to create ports of NS2 mods or use a hybrid of new assets and NS2 ones. After all, a big chunk of the fanbase is following the game because they feel an affinity for NS2.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    The NS2 scripting is incompatible with Future Perfect. We are planning on putting some of the NS2 assets up on the Workshop in the near future.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Will that be in a format for working in spark 2.0, or will they need to be converted? And will they include animations?

Specifically, I am looking for the gorge, exo, and all the alien and marine buildings used in gorgecraft, just as a personal test project you understand.... ;)
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Anything we put up will be in a working state; it doesn't make much sense for us to seed content for our game that isn't usable!

We're not sure yet what we'll put up but the focus is likely to be on player models, structures & weapons over environment assets.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited December 2014
    Max wrote: »
    We are planning on putting some of the NS2 assets up on the Workshop in the near future.

The puns are real.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was just asking myself if this will affect NS3.
    Then I realized how UWE is able to test all kind of strange stuff in the future to cook a protype for a new game again :)