VoteKickPlayer Doesn't Work

Alpha WingAlpha Wing Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177673Members
Hi everyone,

First off let me say that if another thread or anything else was made about this topic, that I couldn't find it and I'm sorry. This is probably a simple fix but I can't figure it out. I run a server and I just can't get the VoteKickPlayer voting option to work in game. If someone tries to use it, it says something like "This feature has been disabled by the Admin." However, I have this feature (and all the other voting options) enabled in the serverconfig.json file. Does anyone have any insight on this? My serverconfig.json file is below:

{
"tags":["ns2"],
"settings":{
"rookie_friendly":false,
"force_even_teams_on_join":true,
"jit_maxmcode":40000,
"use_own_consistency_config":false,
"end_round_on_team_unbalance_check_after_time":180,
"auto_kick_afk_capacity":20,
"mod_backup_servers":[],
"voting":{
"voterandomizerr":true,
"votechangemap":true,
"votingforceeventeams":true,
"voteresetgame":true,
"votekickplayer":true
},
"pregamealltalk":true,
"mod_backup_before_steam":false,
"alltalk":false,
"jit_maxtrace":24000,
"end_round_on_team_unbalance":0.3,
"auto_team_balance":{
"enabled_after_seconds":60,
"enabled_on_unbalance_amount":999999
},
"end_round_on_team_unbalance_after_warning_time":30,
"hiveranking":true,
"auto_kick_afk_time":15
}
}

Comments

• ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    im never join these server with this mod installed >> You know why ?

Cuz there is some admin with "asshole" rights to kick people when they see them "lag" or" un-usual kill/dead ratio"
  • Alpha WingAlpha Wing Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177673Members
    ZeroEarTh,

I'm confused about what you are trying to say, this is a voting option for the entire server not the Admin. That way if the Admin is offline and there is some kind of griefer in the server, the majority of people can vote that griever out and effectively deal with the situation. Not many other things are as good at clearing out a server than a good griefer. I want to be able to give the players in my server that power.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    This would probably do better off in the server discussion forum.
    Moved.

Wait, this is a mod? Isn't votekickplayer the variable the game uses for.. wait for it.. votekicks? O.o

FOR KANE
    You will have to excuse me for not knowing about some forum stuff, since you moved this thread I hope I don't need to be replying to you anywhere else? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to re-find this thread somewhere else or not, sorry for being a noob about that.

As for the vote kick option, I don't think it's a 'mod,' I thought it was a part of the default voting options that comes with a standard dedicated server? My question is that even though I have the "votekickplayer: true" in the serverconfig.json, it still doesn't allow it in game (it says it's disabled). So why isn't it working when all the other voting mechanics work?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    Ok short question do you run any server mods? (via the mapcycle.json) And yes the voting is a vanilla feature.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Yeah, i know that much, but zeroearth confused me, lol. i thought he thought he was using some weird out-of-the-way mod i hadn't heard about before.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Reporting similiar issue: Some players reporting they can not start votekick or forceeventeams (other votes disabled). However i think my problem is related to Shine or custom badges mod, since i only got this informations from some people with custom badges.

Here is the code from the badges group. @GhoulofGSG9‌ can you confirm if this is still working?

"Member": {
    "IsBlacklist": false,
    "Immunity": -1,
    "Badge": "disabled",
    "Commands": []
    }
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »

Cuz there is some admin with "asshole" rights to kick people when they see them "lag" or" un-usual kill/dead ratio"

I hope you enjoy playing on a kidmin's server :)>-
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    wooza wrote: »
    Reporting similiar issue: Some players reporting they can not start votekick or forceeventeams (other votes disabled). However i think my problem is related to Shine or custom badges mod, since i only got this informations from some people with custom badges.

Here is the code from the badges group. @GhoulofGSG9‌ can you confirm if this is still working?

}
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »

I hope you enjoy playing on a kidmin's server :)>-

Well one feature of shine is that ppl can't kick ppl with a higher immunity level, so you can't start a vote on someone with a higher level. As the default level is 0, those users of the group "Member" could indeed have a issue to kick players who belong to no group.

Shine is not interfering with any other vote beside votekick!
    Gentlemen,

First off, thanks for all the responses. I want to report that my vanilla vote kicking option now works; here's how I did it:

I went into the UserConfig.json file and put in the following:
    },
    }

Secondly, I went into the BaseConfig.json for Shine and put this:
    "EqualsCanTarget":true,

When I went to test the vanilla vote kick option on another admin of the same immunity, it worked. So I have to assume (but it hasn't been done yet) that any other player can now do it too.
    Everyone reading this thread should read this too just for additional info:

Person8880 said:

The kick vote stuff is kind of an issue with the immunity system not working for every scenario. If you have EqualsCanTarget to false, then the players in the badge groups won't actually be able to target each other. Also, if you have a default group which likely has a > 0 immunity, they won't be able to target guests either.

I'm going to add a simple flag for groups, "CanAlwaysTarget": true. If you set that on a group, then the group can always be targeted and has no immunity value so it should be better suited to badge groups.