Toxikk, an intense looking arena shooter

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

What do you guys think? Looks pretty good so far.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Already bought it on Saturday. I hope it will be as good as it looks.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am incredibly interested, but you are braver than I am. I am waiting for their dev diaries video to see what level of communication they are going to provide. If sufficient communication happens, and the game continues to look good I will buy.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I dont think you can do much wrong with 15 bucks. They also seem fairly legit, if you ask me. They are based in germany and developed quite some games already. They did go bankrupt in 2011, though. So... at worst, they screw up, but it doesnt look like they are going to run away with your money ;)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    UNREAL TOURNAM- er... TOXIKK! I was thinking about UT for the entire trailer there. Only difference is the FTP aspect (UT4 is ftp, toxikk is not).

Will definitely be checking this out.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    UNREAL TOURNAM- er... TOXIKK! I was thinking about UT for the entire trailer there. Only difference is the FTP aspect (UT4 is ftp, toxikk is not).

That FTP scare at the end of the 4railer, though :D
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

That FTP scare at the end of the 4railer, though :D

I could just feel the enthusiasm draining away... then it came rushing back.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is similar to ut4 but they are doing some things different.

They seem really focused on getting mouse movement right. What that means in the grand scheme I do not know.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thinking of buying a Godlike package. 4 steam keys for roughly 67 EUR is not that expensive. I don't have any friends involved into gaming, so i'd probably give away the rest of the keys or something. Of course if the game would turn out to be a good one and not just a hype.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Indeed I mean look at this doubleup, made me grin from ear to ear :D
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    See, this is why I began developing Proving Grounds, because I knew these shooters were coming back...

Oh well, I'll guess I'll just have to play other people's games, because mine won't get finished until high-speed shooters are old news again...

Now I need to get a headstart on developing the next big game style...

I reckon it will be First-Person Point and Click Adventure games.... I am going to get on it now..... :p
    edited October 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    See, this is why I began developing Proving Grounds, because I knew these shooters were coming back...

Oh well, I'll guess I'll just have to play other people's games, because mine won't get finished until high-speed shooters are old news again...

Now I need to get a headstart on developing the next big game style...

I reckon it will be First-Person Point and Click Adventure games.... I am going to get on it now..... :p

Too late...

Okay, not point-and-click, but it's from the people that made Myst and Riven. REALLY looking forward to this one!
    Anyone else downloading TOXIKK right now? :D
    Anyone else downloading TOXIKK right now? :D

I already played a few hours. At it's basic it's fun, but the rocket launcher is so OP at the moment that it kills most of the fun again.
    I guess they'd have to increase it's respawn time and decrease fire rate and ammo count.
    edited January 2015
    Yup.

Feels real nice though! NS2's input almost feels sluggish by comparison now. Can't put my finger on why...
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I'm glad that the arena fps genre is facing a revival. Here's hoping it sticks around!