[Bug Report] Xeno at round start

KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
About 1-2 minutes into the game, one of our players already had Xeno somehow. I also tried but it didn't work for me.

Was on Mineshaft.

WGuIcGD.jpg

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ahhh I remember this! I was so chuffed when a new round started and I had xeno ability available, was the game happening to run pregame++? If so I believe its related to that
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it had pregame on. That's what I was thinking it may have been as well.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah definitely something to do with pregame, maybe try multiple scenarios with xeno selected as last ability just before game start?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yup.
    Server mod "Pre game" related. ;)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    That could explain other weird stuff.

I saw on our pub server lua errors pointing to xeno. hmm
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Its a pre-game plus bug. I know the repro steps (they're pretty obvious), its abusable but only if you have friends on both teams who like to command and also want you to have leap/xenocide at the start of the game, until you die. ;)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    Its a pre-game plus bug. I know the repro steps (they're pretty obvious), its abusable but only if you have friends on both teams who like to command and also want you to have leap/xenocide at the start of the game, until you die. ;)

Should have been fixed. If not please pm me the repro steps ;)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I had this happen this weekend. It's pregame mod related. The entire team could consistently xeno after pregame at round start. But only once. Not really game breaking, but probably needs fixed if it hasn't yet :-) .