NS2 server monitor not working.

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's on them to update the product name, they were notified to change it.
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    SamusDroid wrote: »

I was? I stopped playing NS2 at least a year ago, I definitely got no emails about it!

This has been updated though.

I'm fairly impressed that A) people still use this, and B) it's still working!

Anyway, shoot me an email (dn @ <forum username>.org) or an IM if this breaks again.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    devicenull wrote: »

I was? I stopped playing NS2 at least a year ago, I definitely got no emails about it!

This has been updated though.

I'm fairly impressed that A) people still use this, and B) it's still working!

Anyway, shoot me an email (dn @ <forum username>.org) or an IM if this breaks again.

I was told somone did or was going to send an email to you. Anyways, thanks for fixing it!
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I was told somone did or was going to send an email to you. Anyways, thanks for fixing it!

I use that server list everyday so I emailed him. Thanks for hosting @devicenull‌!
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for necroing this thread, but i dont want to start a new thread for this.

I know that you @devicenull quit the community, however it would be awesome if you or someone else can realize this(I think this can be done with the query port, so im not looking for a mod):

-Showing how many times a map is played, for example like gametracker.com does, but with more details maybe? -> see here
    -Showing average time of all gamerounds played on the server, or even better for each map

Other suggestions welcomed as well

Using the devicenull page daily, great to have this site!
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @wooza‌ Have you considered using ns2stats? It does some of the things you are asking for.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    yea but i mentioned before that this should also be possible with the query port. also im just using devicenull's page so i prefer using one site instead of two.
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    All the code that generates that site can be found here: https://github.com/devicenull/ns2servers

It's pretty lightweight (the current site runs on a VPS with 256MB of memory, and uses about 3GB of space).