Vote kicking broken?

deadliftdeadlift Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 177994Members
If a player is votekicked, can he rejoin the server immediately?

If a player leaves before he's kicked, but the votekick is successful, can the player rejoin immediately?

If the answer is YES to either of these questions, I believe votekick is broken.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    The answer to both of those questions is yes and long known. A solution would be to add a temp ban in some way.

The given trello note https://trello.com/c/uoU2CdJD/598-add-a-temporary-voteban-option exists since some time.
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    If a players get vote kicked because "lag" and unfair reason >> It should be stay the same

temp ban is given by admin , not vote kick

if Vote kick have temp ban >> Then a Kicking Fest with players have high kill dead ratio will happen
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I believe that if a vote kick goes through and the player is kicked, but rejoins with 5-10 mins an is vote kicked again within that time he should then be temp banne for 30 mins or something, there for trolls etc can't keep joining the same server.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    if Vote kick have temp ban >> Then a Kicking Fest with players have high kill dead ratio will happen
    Actually whats the problem with that? The majority voted! I remember a period where a comp and his butt-buddy kept on joining the same team again and again ruining every game that was started (before force even existed). Kicking them didn't work either as they kept rejoining.
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    Well if you join a server with abunch of Stranger >> They will accuse you hacking and bla bla ..vvv >> vote kick like russian server

If you play with 3 friends or more >> vote failed and not pass
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    and what happens when 5 trolls play on a server that you like?
  • LuchsLuchs Switzerland Join Date: 2014-07-23 Member: 197569Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    roxxkatt wrote: »
    Then there's no difference between having or not having a temp ban. Let's assume there have enough trolls/people who don't like you to make those votes pass: Getting kicked twice and being unable to rejoin may be even less frustrating than getting kicked over and over again, maybe even mid-game.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited January 2015
    Vote kicking (at least if they're kicked twice) should add a temp ban of at least 20-30 minutes...

Though the voting system is pretty broken overall it seems. Just the other day we had a vote for a map change, with 11/12 yes votes, and 2 no votes... 2 seconds before the vote expired someone else voted NO, and the vote passed! 11/12 yes votes, and 3 no votes = a pass? Really?

I can understand if no votes don't count against the vote, but when it's 11/12 it should NOT pass under any circumstances.
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    edited January 2015
    Luchs wrote: »
    Then there's no difference between having or not having a temp ban. Let's assume there have enough trolls/people who don't like you to make those votes pass: Getting kicked twice and being unable to rejoin may be even less frustrating than getting kicked over and over again, maybe even mid-game.

some people dont like to sit back and let trolls win like you do

by adding temp ban, there becomes no difference between temp ban and permanent ban, as people like you leave the server, and server then fills up with Troll Club, resulting in more troll bans
    it also results in more f1 sheep, lest they be kicked themselves
  • LuchsLuchs Switzerland Join Date: 2014-07-23 Member: 197569Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    some people dont like to sit back and let trolls win like you do

by adding temp ban, there becomes no difference between temp ban and permanent ban, as people like you leave the server, and server then fills up with Troll Club, resulting in more troll bans
    it also results in more f1 sheep, lest they be kicked themselves
    You argue like vote-kicking is the only bad thing a troll could ever try to harass you with on NS2.

Trolls win when you give them proof that they've successfully managed to annoy you. If I get temp-banned after a troll-kick, chose a different server and have fun and decent games without giving a damn what some kiddos with too much time on their hand do elsewhere, it's not the trolls who win - It's me.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    @Luchs That doesn't work so well, when you don't have so many other servers to join.

I'm a longtime veteran of trollvotekicks. Like, really. Half the australian community tries to kick me for luls, the rookies confused, f1 because confused.

Why do they do it? Because i'm Me. Too awesome for them to handle, so they get me out, kicksmart.
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »
    If you play with 3 friends or more >> vote failed and not pass
    My friends do it to. XD
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    @Luchs That doesn't work so well, when you don't have so many other servers to join.

I'm a longtime veteran of trollvotekicks. Like, really. Half the australian community tries to kick me for luls, the rookies confused, f1 because confused.

Why do they do it? Because i'm Me. Too awesome for them to handle, so they get me out, kicksmart.

I agree it sucks, but - out of curiousity - how does that work with the status quo then? You get vote-kicked by some people, re-join, and everything is fine again?

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Once they get bored, i suppose. lol. I have long since stopped caring, and i'm usually on mumble either laughing my ass off, or too drunk to care.