NEW IDEA !

testoasa11testoasa11 România Join Date: 2014-12-09 Member: 200007Members
Can you add in Natural Selecion 2 a RANKED/COMPETITIVE section like in Counter-Strike Global Offensive ?
I think this is a good idea for the future of this game.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • testoasa11testoasa11 România Join Date: 2014-12-09 Member: 200007Members
    No, I mean in ranks like Bronze,Silver,Platinum,Diamond,etc.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    NS2 competitive is not large enough to make that achieved. It'd require more players + is it really necessary? I'm not super used at playing CS:GO but I'm not convinced a such system would be helpful.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Expanding on this, I do think it would be a good idea to add more "ranks" to ns2. Currently, it's either "rookie", or "not rookie".
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2015
    I actually know some very good players without badges or who just hide their badges (and you should know aswell carnage and pelargir)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2015
    I hide my badges so people don't talk to me... not to discourage stacking. huehuehue

Anyway, what OP is referring to is a good matchmaking system. Obviously this would be great if we had the player base but we don't. I feel NS2 will have a small, dedicated and stagnant player base for the next year or two.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Mephilles wrote: »
    I actually know some very good players without badges or who just hide their badges (and you should know aswell carnage and pelargir)

I thought that Carnage was more referring to all the badges, included Reinforced badges.
    I tend to put more faith into a player who got shadow tier than someone without any badge (apart Commander badge). In general, it is not the good way to interpret the average skill of the players...
    And I'm referring to people I haven't hear anything about their name, random people in other words.
    Of course there are people playing without any badge and still playing better than me. ;)
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i would take a guy in blackops armor over a reinforced badge
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members

Idk.. I have black armor..
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pick him out of a scoreboard.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    i don't have any badges and i played competitive at a relatively high level.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2015
    Well, you're pretty special, aren't you?

BTW as far as badges go, the idea was that you don't play for "rank" like in BF or COD or whatever, you just play for fun. At least that's what Hugh I think was saying around release.

Then again, I feel like that has been a bit violated with commander badges, and just in general the reinforcement and world tournament badges - even though they're not "experience" based, people judge them as such...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I agree with OP.

Just dont base it on absolute skill value; base it on what percentile of the ns2 population that player fits into, with platinum or whatever reserved for the top 5% or something.

And then for the love of god give server operators the option to hide those badges. I'm not saying they SHOULD but that freedom is definitely needed.