...Not sure what I've done here

HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
launched game as normal and decided to play around with some of the newer packages. Upon starting game; SHOOTER: vertigo I got this
70ED77EF82C49DB1E31951095AD1ECEA357EFFAE

Same thing with most other games, though I do see most the content for teleportals and space shooter one

Now I cannot get any of the games to function properly, the player spawner/avatar has stopped working, I can only play as a floating camera.
All model files appear to be in the directory, tried uninstalling/reinstalling, verifying game cache, opting out of beta.... the correct packages are active.

Very odd.

Also got a crash dump while running teleportals in the editor after a short while
Filename: EntityManager.cpp (1315)
Expression: GetIsValid(entityId)
Stack:
- ZwWaitForSingleObject
- WaitForSingleObjectEx
- WaitForSingleObject
- M4::Debug_GetCallStack
- M4::Assert_DialogBox
- M4::EntityManager::GetName
- M4::World::Entity_GetName
- M4::ScriptEnvironment::WriteDirtyFields
- M4::EditWorldContainer::UpdateCamera
- M4::ComponentScriptManager::SyncScripts
- M4::Client::Update
- M4::ClientApplication::Update
- M4::ClientApplication::ReloadFile
- M4::ClientApplication::Update
- 0x1131ec7
- 0x1131af3
- BaseThreadInitThunk
- RtlInitializeExceptionChain
- RtlInitializeExceptionChain

I was going to purge every trace of the install (and will do in a few hours) but in the name of bug crushing I'll leave it as is. Maybe I can dig some useful information out. Please advise

Comments

• BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    Have you by any chance fiddled with packages\avatar\avatar\avatar.blueprint?
    Here is the current original

entities=
    [
            {
                name="Avatar" 
                position=[0.0 0.0 0.0] 
                angles=[-0.0 0.0 0.0] 
                tags=["player"] components=
                [
                    {type="Model" model_name="avatar/avatar.model"} 
                    {type="Animation" animation_graph="avatar/avatar.animation_graph" 
                        animation_inputs={view_pitch=0.0 state="idle" shoot=false move_dir=0.0}
                    } 
                    {type="Controller" controller_radius=0.5 controller_height=0.671642}
                    {type="Script" script_name="defaults/moving_player.lua" script_values={velocity=[Vec3 0.0 0.0 0.0] jumpSpeed=5.0 gravity=10.0 viewPitch=0.0 jumpHeld=false timeLastOnGround=0.0 moveDir=0.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="shooter/shooting_player.lua" script_values={shootTimer=0.5}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="inventory/inventory.lua" script_values={item1Id=[EntityId -1] item2Id=[EntityId -1] item3Id=[EntityId -1] item4Id=[EntityId -1] item5Id=[EntityId -1] item6Id=[EntityId -1] activeItemSlot=0.0 maxSlots=5.0 dropButtonEnabled=true defaultAnimation="avatar/avatar.animation_graph"}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="defaults/using_player.lua" script_values={maxUseDistance=2.0 highlightColor=[Color 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0]}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="defaults/scoring_player.lua" script_values={winScore=10.0 score=0.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="alive/alive.lua" script_values={health=100.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="alive/take_damage_on_explosion.lua" script_values={damageOnExplosion=200.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="alive/destroy_self_on_death.lua" script_values={}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="defaults/create_player_on_destroy.lua" script_values={playerBlueprint="defaults/dead_player.blueprint" offsetDistance=4.0 offsetHeight=3.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="spawners/spawn_blueprint_on_death.lua" script_values={blueprint="alt_coin/alt_coin.blueprint"}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="spawners/spawn_effect.lua" script_values={particleName="spawners/spawn.particles" soundName="spawners/spawn.wav"}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="defaults/play_sound_on_destroy.lua" script_values={sound="avatar/avatar_death1.wav" radius=8.0 volume=1.0}} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="teleporter/teleportable.lua" script_values={cooldownTime=0.5 angleLerpSpeed=5.0 lerpYaw=false lerpPitch=false lerpRoll=true}} 
                    {type="Label" label_text="*name*" label_vertical_offset=2.0} 
                    {type="Script" script_name="vehicle/vehicle_driver.lua" script_values={}} 
                    {type="Collision" collision_name="avatar/avatar.hitbox.collision" collision_physics=false collision_gravity=true collision_filter="Hitbox"}
                ] 
                children=
                [
                    {
                        attach_point="headtilt_bone" 
                        name="Camera" 
                        position=[0.0 0.0 0.0] 
                        angles=[0.0 0.0 0.0] 
                        components=
                        [
                            {type="Camera" camera_fov=1.570796}
                        ]
                    }
                ]
            }
    ]

I can kind of reproduce your error i.e. by setting controller_radius to 0. For it to be persistent though, I need to change it in the file directly, as the game crashes before it lets you save any changes.

To prevent this kind of mistake I have put all text-like files (i.e. .lua, .blueprint, .shader) into a local git repository, so I can easily restore the original state.
    Here is my .gitignore
    *.exe
    *.dll
    *.lnk
    _CommonRedist/
    *.model
    *.dds
    *.cab
    *.wav
    *.collision
    *.animation_graph
    *.animation
    *.particles
    *.physics
    *.png
    *.fnt
    *.h
    *.mp3
    *.tga
    *.pdb
    *.chm
    *.so
    *.so.?
    *.so.?.?
    *.so.?.??
    *.fbx
    *.psd
    *.jpg
    *.jpeg

As you mentioned vertigo, I see the following errors when trying to load that mod:
    Couldn't load 'shooter/vertigo.world' (file not found)
    Couldn't load texture 'vertigo/interior/flat_normal.dds' (file not found)
    Couldn't load texture 'vertigo/interior/lightstrip_white_01/lightstrip_white_01_s.dds' (file not found)
    Can't make sense of the first one, as packages/shooter/shooter/vertigo.world actually does exist and everything seems to work.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I actually haven't messed with any code at all... my work to this point has been playing with getting models and materials in-game. I resolved the issue by deleting the the documents and app-data folders (sorry couldn't wait any longer) I notice some folders being placed in the appdata/roaming called 'normale1' and variations of that contained maps I had tried to build through the game... I think building/game might of got confused some how? I'll try replicate the error when I get a second.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Brute wrote: »
    To prevent this kind of mistake I have put all text-like files (i.e. .lua, .blueprint, .shader) into a local git repository, so I can easily restore the original state.
    How are these files getting modified?
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Don't worry about it. If at all, I only modify these temporarily to print out a value or so.
    Mostly they are modified by you through steam when you push an update. This is also my primary reason, as it allows me to easily keep track of the changes even without a changelog. I.e. I can easily see that the Dec 27 build changed the inventory slots to be array based.

image.jpg