Tickrate in webadmin not always the same

SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
edited December 2014 in Server Discussion
Ever since the last patch my tickrate in the web admin sometimes shows a graph with max of 15... if I restart the server it then shows at 30 sometimes 25.

Anyone else getting this too?

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Dont know to be honest.. The web interface is a steaming pile of gorge bile.
    I swapped to perfmon output which is far more acurate. :)
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    yeah damn odd for sure... I'm not running any mods either.

I'll try your method see if I get different results, thanks!
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    i prefer webmin, but cannot get it to work, sucks how it lags your server though.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    really.. JUST use perfmon. If a client types 'perfmon' its enabled. if you type it twice in a row, it spams more info.
    Its put in both client and server log. (dunno if client has to be admin for it to be in server log)

perfmon seems to work better on tickrate showing, although in honesty I did not ask.
    perfmon shows a lot of other stuff like bandwidth, interp drops etc.
    webmin on the other hand, is bugged, slow, and yeh....

NS2 Tickrate itself is another horrid method of checking server performance. Tickrate in ns2 is purely entity based. Think whips, crags, turrets etc.
    'so why does the server suck if tickrate is low?'
    "Because if it lacks cpu to keep up with entities it surely lacks cpu for movement calculations"
    Which again, is shown in perfmon.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    I guess the web admin is whacked a bit... was showing 15 tickrate with 0 players and now shows 35 tickrate with 8 players... guess it really is not reliable but as long as it goes up and not down with players I'm game :)