Bindable voice orders, commander keys, and more.

2»

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Bug fixed. All working now.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Warning: Mod can crash Game Client, should be disable until there is a fix

Quickfix if you got the resolution bug: Change window Mode to Fullscreen and change resolution to normal one. Restart the Client afterwards
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Did a ninja bug fix and it is working now.
    edited October 2013
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    bind MouseZ NextWeapon should change it back. But if that fails you can always do this http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/130823/rebind-disable-your-middle-mouse-wheel-using-options-xml#latest
    As even though it should be changing it back, it might not for some reason I don't know. I got it to change back last night. Did you try running the mod? I have it so it resets the VoteYes VoteNo and NextWeapon.

Thank you for the information, I screwed up my bindings with an older version of your mod:D

Gj with commander bindings
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    So this mod is finally out of the "Beta" Test ;) . Great work. Maybe add two things:
    - replace NextWeapon with mouse.z at first run (if thats not already in the mod)
    - add a conflict check between com binding and critical keys like F4, ESC and Chatkeys.
    edited July 2013
    Added: "Store position" "Warp to stored position" bindings, useful for map testing. Go to where you would like to warp to in the map, press the store location bind, and then when you want to go back to that location, like after reloading the map, press the warp to location button.
    The above will only work when "cheats" are enabled.
    The below will work regardless of "cheats" being enabled.
    Added: Bind to logout of command station.

Added: Timer with settable name. Type timer followed by a string, and optionally a second string to name the timer. Ex: timer Tram Elevator will name the timer Tram to Elevator printer to the console. Elapsed time for Tram to Elevator timer was 1.2345. timer Tram will name the timer Tram, and output Elapsed time for Tram timer was 1.234.

Added: A bind to end the timer.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/samusdroid/screenshot/921269877226675306
    Top left screen http://steamcommunity.com/id/samusdroid/screenshot/921269877226604307
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I love it, I can finally play as commander again! Had gotten sick of "random" recycling of structure just cause it used same key as my mic...
    All it needs now is a way to rebind the movement keys for commander :)
    Feha wrote: »
    I love it, I can finally play as commander again! Had gotten sick of "random" recycling of structure just cause it used same key as my mic...
    movement keys ?
    movement keys ?

The arrow keys move the view.
    You know how it is, you sit with the arms criss-crossed since your left hand is on the arrow keys and your right hand on the mouse (and the keyboard is "above" the mouse, rather than the common way of having them next to eachother), and it starts being painful after a little while.
    edited August 2013
    You know how it is, you sit with the arms criss-crossed since your left hand is on the arrow keys and your right hand on the mouse (and the keyboard is "above" the mouse, rather than the common way of having them next to eachother), and it starts being painful after a little while.

I have never moved with the arrow keys over map, why are you doing that? Use space if someone request help, click at pos on minimap to switch rooms fast or even bind hotkeys to each room (ive done that xd)

Often clicking om map places camera so that you cant really reach where you want because of something deciding to be precisely in the way of where you intended to build, and while medpacking a squad of moving marines, how do you follow their movements away from your camera?
    edited August 2013
    normally a marine never leaves my view as space centers him, also i group my hole team so i just can go there with the num keys
    Found a problem.
    I have rebound the recycle key, which works. However, the cancel key is still the same, and it doesnt seem to be bindable with this mod.
    This still works, just saying. Because no one uses it still, even though people beg with money in hand for commander bindings...
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Any word on this (and your other great improvement mod :D) becoming official?
    It's probably too late in the game to do it now, and they aren't really interested. Time = money, even if the time is very little and the code is already there...
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I just...don't understand....
    edited November 2013
    It's simple, UWE doesn't have the time to test it enought, therefore it won't be included. Sad,but true story. So ask more server admins to use it.
    edited November 2013
    They have enough time to test it, just not a day to implement it and never have to worry about it again, especially since any bugs with it I could simple submit as patches.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Is it possible to get acknowledged added to this? or have an acknowledged impulse added?
    Look at the last post date before posting. The mod hasn't worked in almost a year.
This discussion has been closed.