Can't Clear Mod Mistakes

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
While trying to figure out how to create my new packages and framework, I made many errors while trying to figure out how you add scripts etc. I am trying to clear the stored packages so I can get the names back and start creating the packages properly now I know how.

The trouble is, no matter what I do these packages keep showing up in my list. Here is what I have done:

Turned off Steam Cloud (permanently for this game).
Uninstall Future perfect by deleting local content in Steam.
Exit Steam
Delete Future Perfect folder from Roaming
Delete Userdata for Future Perfect from steam\userdata folder
Delete Client registry.blob
Re-install Future Perfect

As soon as I re-install the 624bytes stored appears in my properties>updates>steam cloud section, even though the box is unticked. Sure enough, when I fire up future perfect, the roamin folder re-appears with all my data in it...

Why is this happening and what can I do to solve it?

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    The game will take the files in your My Documents directory (typically c:\Users\Max\Documents\FuturePerfect) and build them into %appdata%\FuturePerfect\packages.

If you delete files from your Documents directory, they should be automatically deleted from the %appdata%\FuturePerfect\packages directory and they won't show up in the game anymore.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    So I have done all of the above and deleted the files in my documents.

Now when I re-install Future Perfect, the build folder does not have these, nor does my documents. However, they still appear in the list of packages in-game.

This is really confusing me... I've even tried unsubscribing from every mod in the workshop, including the default mods. Still these packages appear and steam cloud tells me it has 624bytes of data stored. What I need is a way to delete the cloud saves of my game...
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    It says 608 bytes stored in my steam cloud, which is exactly the size of Steam\userdata\<steamid>\282370\remote\user_options.txt
    When the file changes (i.e. username), the stored version changes to, even when I have the cloud checkbox unchecked.
    The workshop related stuff is stored here:
    Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\282370
    Steam\steamapps\workshop\appworkshop_282370.acf
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Ok, So i turned steam cloud back on, and it advised me of a conflict between my local and cloud files. So I updated my local files to the cloud, and the offending items are now gone at last :D
    Further testing shows deleting the files from the build folder while cloud is on, also deletes them from the cloud, thus removing them from the game. Turns out the NS2 nuke guide doesn't apply to this game and engine version, haha :D