What is the Name of the New Creature in the Kelp Field?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

Just started playing the new build, and a new creature has taken the place of the Stalker in the Kelp field. Just wondering what you are calling it, or is this what the Stalker is suppose to look like?

Also, I found their animation is a bit stiff. I like the prehistoric look, and the way they torpedo in for their attack.

Anything else which is new in this build? Perhaps new cave creatures? Bleeders that will suck you dry?

Later!

Comments

• Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Do you mean the shark looking things? yup there replacing the stalkers. the stalkers are going to the lava zone like in the concept art.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited December 2014
    Sir_zino wrote: »
    Do you mean the shark looking things? yup there replacing the stalkers. the stalkers are going to the lava zone like in the concept art.

That would be them.

I also noticed with the latest build that they have added hanging stingers in the caves, along with underground geysers. Now I don't know if the underground geysers are new to this particular build.

Also when you die you loose gear as well. It's getting closer to the point of needing a save game feature.

• Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The geysers where added a few days ago. Also I agree that there need to be a save feature soon. Though I probably won't use it till we get the cyclops
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Yup, the creatures that were just added are the new Stalkers. The other creature model was never intended for the Kelp Forest areas, since it was designed and created for the Lavazone.

The animation export for the new models was done incorrectly, which is why they are so stiff. The next build should have the correct animations added, and they should look a lot better.
    One question. Are these new creatures called stalkers and the original stalkers are back to being the lava lizards?
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Sir_zino wrote: »
    One question. Are these new creatures called stalkers and the original stalkers are back to being the lava lizards?
    Yes, though the name Lava Lizard may change at some point.