Rematch!

ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
Good rounds happen and players ask for a rematch, but it almost never gets to that.
Can we implement a vote option to have a rematch that swaps the teams after round end? Perhaps along with the existing vanilla votes.

I'm aware there are some problems here and there, like players leaving / switching anyways. However, sometimes It'd be really nice to have. Helps form strategic thinking.

Comments

• CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Asymetric game... rematch with swaping teams is not a good option. Some ppl do better as marines but suck as aliens and vice versa. Swaping teams don't realy make the game even as the one before. Besides the Captain mod will do that.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    Asymetric game... rematch with swaping teams is not a good option. Some ppl do better as marines but suck as aliens and vice versa. Swaping teams don't realy make the game even as the one before. Besides the Captain mod will do that.

You appear to have misunderstood. That is exactly why players call for a rematch!

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    The only place I've ever seen a rematch request is on a captains server and that is a rarity in itself.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Need a GG no re vote too, if this one comes in.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »

F4
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    by that token, rematch only needs to be "everyone swap teams", which in pubs could mean disaster.
    jeeze, it was a joke. Vote concede is a gg no re vote...
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    RapGod wrote: »

F4
    TGNS has a server rule against F4ing. I really like it. You must all concede if you want the game to be over. This produces more quality rounds for a variety of reasons.

Nordic wrote: »

F4
    TGNS has a server rule against F4ing. I really like it. You must all concede if you want the game to be over. This produces more quality rounds for a variety of reasons.

If greens go there, then concede votes (legit ones) will fail half the time. A lot of the time vote concede fails because your team is... special, hence the vote.

But I can't say that it doesn't work since I'm never on that specific server.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »

F4

If greens go there, then concede votes (legit ones) will fail half the time. A lot of the time vote concede fails because your team is... special, hence the vote.

But I can't say that it doesn't work since I'm never on that specific server.

This is one reason why I play on TGNS. It mostly has regulars, or as good mix of regulars and rookies. Concede don't usually happen unless legit and they often pass because all the regulars. The games are quality enough where f4ing usually is not even a concern.

My personal opinion is that if I have to f4 to end a match I might as well go find a new server because this one is so bad.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    ...Don't you just say on the mic "REMATCH! EVERYONE JOIN THE SAME TEAM! GOGOGOGO!" ?

Because that's what I do in those scenarios - and for some reason it works way better than the voting system
    edited December 2014
    Well if you shout... people listen.
    But if people have you muted.. well... cant really shout at them. :(
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Well if you shout... people listen.
    But if people have you muted.. well... cant really shout at them. :(

On Euroepan servers, there is no guarantee the other players would understand you even if you did shout it :)