NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• profallprofall Join Date: 2005-08-02 Member: 57354Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    hawk6 wrote: »
    Is Steam Workshop having issues right now? I tried restarting my server and what not, no new NS2+ features yet. I have "modupdater": true, in the NS2PlusServerConfig.json.

What new features do you not see?

The new scoreboard where you can see people's steam profile and what not.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Love the new NS2+ update, if only they could of hired you from the very beginning mendasp!
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    So with this scoreboard update out, I guess it's time to go back to the end-game stats UI:

Egs0wwE.png
    Where weld/heal time (or amount)?
    Assists? Are u sure? Useless thing.

Hmmmm..
    Maybe it should be done not as a end-game stats, but as a IN-game stats?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Since when assists are become useless?

Totally more helpful than weld/heal time...
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    There is something wrong with that screenshot. Mendasp has 70% accuracy.

HUEHUEHEUEHE
  • vartijavartija Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60193Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Seb wrote: »

HUEHUEHEUEHE

He has been shooting a static onos model again point plank range.
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »

LOL, "assists" is useful for loosers as consolation for stolen kill.
    We played in NS1 without any "assists" and all was fine :P
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Well wrote: »

LOL, "assists" is useful for loosers as consolation for stolen kill.
    We played in NS1 without any "assists" and all was fine :P

We played NS2 without assists at the very beginning and all was fine but people got used to it. In both competitive and public gameplay, someone that cannot deal with a good KD won't be necessarily useless in his team. And you can notice whether he was helpful or wasn't by looking at his assists and score making sure how much he was useful or not.

This aside, even your point tells the truth. It is a consolation for stolen kills and 90% of the NS2 servers get NS2+ on. So why would Mendasp remove it?

And one another, this is not NS1. Why all these people feel like a need to ask features that were put in NS1 to NS2 and remove those that have been missing on the first game?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2014
    Assists? Are u sure? Useless thing.

Hmmmm..
    Assists are part of the scoreboard, so why wouldn't I show how the scoreboard looked like at the end of the round? They are in fact already part of the in-game stats...
    Seb wrote: »

HUEHUEHEUEHE
    1v1
    Is Steam Workshop having issues right now? I tried restarting my server and what not, no new NS2+ features yet. I have "modupdater": true, in the NS2PlusServerConfig.json.

What new features do you not see?

The new scoreboard where you can see people's steam profile and what not.
    What mods are you running?
    edited December 2014
    I just mean that Mendasp can sacrifice "assists" instead more usefull statistics, because a string for players statistics has a limited size.
    Hmmmm..
    Sorry, I mean new fuctionality - "end-game stats" from screenshot, not "assists".
    Mendasp, add this functionality as real time statistics throughout the game by the radial menu or by the tab key, please.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited December 2014
    You can't do it real-time unless you want to kill the server's performance.

This is not a new feature, it's just moving something from console to the screen. That is what I'm working on, not the stats collecting (as said, that was already done and in the mod for a while now), I also have to add the personal/per-weapon/commander stats that display right now with the new graphics.
    You can't do it real-time unless you want to kill the server's performance.

This is not a new feature, it's just moving something from console to the screen. That is what I'm working on, not the stats collecting (as said, that was already done and in the mod for a while now), I also have to add the personal/per-weapon/commander stats that display right now with the new graphics.
    But server still generating this statistic while you playing. Or not? Why u can't collect this info one time in 10-20-30 seconds on server-side?
    I am collecting the data during the round, yes. The thing is, if I were to send this extra data to all players (and bigger servers would mean even more traffic) it'd generate an unnecessary amount of network traffic during the round, and more traffic also means more CPU usage for both the server and the clients, so worse performance.

Sending it at the end of the round doesn't affect gameplay, for obvious reasons.
    edited December 2014
    I am collecting the data during the round, yes. The thing is, if I were to send this extra data to all players (and bigger servers would mean even more traffic) it'd generate an unnecessary amount of network traffic during the round, and more traffic also means more CPU usage for both the server and the clients, so worse performance.

Sending it at the end of the round doesn't affect gameplay, for obvious reasons.

May be send this statistics for spectators? Like a team-kills, RTs, res counter. May be it usefull for NS2WC the show?
    That's already in the game for spectators, press the medpack request button while in overhead spectator to check those stats.
    That's already in the game for spectators, press the medpack request button while in overhead spectator to check those stats.
    Exactly, and your scoreboard end-game stats will be complement its.
    Exactly, and your scoreboard end-game stats will be complement its.

But I already thought of that a while ago. The bandwidth concerns still stand, so it's not going to happen at the moment.
    - Updated for build 272.
    - Fixed unresponsive menu bug. (Thanks Samusdroid!)
    - Fixed bug that would reset certain settings to default every time NS2+ updated.
    - Added console message when NS2+ force-resets a setting because of updated defaults.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Something wierd happens to the skill numbers in game when they're above some threshold, 3500 seems to be the number but I'm not sure. They display as 0, and the average skill number calculates accordingly.
    Calego wrote: »
    Something wierd happens to the skill numbers in game when they're above some threshold, 3500 seems to be the number but I'm not sure. They display as 0, and the average skill number calculates accordingly.
    That's a vanilla bug, the "limit" is 3000.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Calego wrote: »

Basically you're too l33t 360 noscope for ns2 that it breaks the game :smiley:

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Mendasp you're my favorite.
    Could you stop providing good content?
  • petit_fromagepetit_fromage Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32752Members
    Think you could add the mic icon on the scoreboard like in vanilla so it's simply 1 click to mute and unmute?
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    Would it be possible to get maxfps command from console to NS+ options as slider?
  • meh23meh23 Join Date: 2015-01-16 Member: 200873Members
    damn that slider would have like 20 notches in it
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    meh23 wrote: »
    damn that slider would have like 20 notches in it
    haha I laughed!
    - Updated for build 273.
    - Revamped end-game stats UI.
    - Reset the Alien Vision setting as the Vanilla AV has changed and added the old Fanta Vision to the list of selectable AVs.