Messing with Fish Brains - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageMessing with Fish Brains - Subnautica

Sometimes it can be tricky to blog about what we’re working on. So much is happening, but point out the little things can result in missing the forest for the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited December 2014
    Kind of wondering about the schools of fish. If a predator (stalker) eats smaller fish or any fish for that matter, bit's & pieces of killed fish should be floating everywhere, and I am wondering if the schools will take advantage, and start feeding on the left overs?

P.S: I do like the way the schools are behaving.... Good Vid!
  • dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    The new schools look awesome. Their new swarming behavior is much more realistic and really beginning to look very pretty.
    Their fear / light reaction is awesome too. I already added these concept's you guys are working on (light, vibration, fear etc.) to the Wiki but still need to flesh out the actual content pages. Glad to see the results ingame already.
  • NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Oh sweet, those schools of fish move just as I hoped they would one day!
    Very very cool
  • Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Looks good! I take it that we won't see schools of fish going to the surface and end up flying.