[Suggestion] Custom creature names

runeknrunekn Danmark Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199117Members
So I was looking over the list of all creatures, and I came to think of why they have predefined names ingame? You land on an completely new island, an none of the species has been documented yet, so they shouldn't have any names.

My suggestion is: Keep the current names strictly for development. When you then find a new creature ingame, you will have the option to give that species a name, which you can identify it in the future with.

This would also in my opinion make finding a new creature, as a brand new player, more exiting, and the creatures more mysterious. Naming them after how the player sees it's charateristics, instead of giving them away through the name.

Comments

• SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That'd be awesome!!

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Makes sense, +1

Of course now I wish the game would have a lot to research, like those space colony survival games, where you need to research to survive. Although I don't know if games exist that allow individual naming. Could I ever rename my star systems or planets in space games? Does anyone know games that allow naming of inventions or discoveries?
  • creeperkid09creeperkid09 Gallifrey Join Date: 2014-11-26 Member: 199811Members
    Great idea although I can't say that a would name them differently even if I did not know the developer names
  • dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    I'd say most average players would name them silly stuff since they can't think of anything at that moment.

Also it makes it hard to talk about and warn another player off a Stalker when you call it Jimmy. :)

I'd suggest keeping the developer name and being able to override or annotate it.