Comment thread: Welcome to Future Perfect

2»

Comments

• bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    The component based architecture certainly sounds amazing but some of it feels similar to what you said about Spark. While modding support certainly is a great feature it is not the reason that drives modders. Mods get created for popular games. No matter how hard it is, someone finds a way to hack a game and throw new stuff in. If the game is popular enough, people will program their own tools to mod it.
    At least when marketing your products, you should not focus the modability that much. I dont think it is a major criteria for the success of a game. Amazing games can be created on the worst engines and be successful - look at Blizzard.
    What I would have prefered in your annoucnement would be what you can actually do in your game. Will it be something like FPS Dungeon and Dragons? FPS Mario Party? (call that Gorge Party).
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Very exciting, bought imminently. No way near as rough as the first NS2 alphas. :)
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    My game just refuses to launch. Shame :(
    Are there any error messages? How about in the log file in %appdata%\FuturePerfect\log.txt?
  • slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Im in but i cant activate switches or shoot rockets or anything.
    (the teleport levels have big red buttons on the floor but nothing happens).

I know, #include <prealpha.h> ;^)

Im really excited by this idea and looking forward to playing more.... now if only you had python bindings :)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    @max
    Update on my problem, I basically have to delete %appdata%\FuturePerfect everytime I start the game, or things don't work/load properly.

edit: To be exact, it seems like i only have to delete the build folder. (need to test it again)
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Im in but i cant activate switches or shoot rockets or anything.
    (the teleport levels have big red buttons on the floor but nothing happens).

I know, #include <prealpha.h> ;^)

Im really excited by this idea and looking forward to playing more.... now if only you had python bindings :)
    Try thinking with teleportals.
    Koruyo wrote: »
    @max
    Update on my problem, I basically have to delete %appdata%\FuturePerfect everytime I start the game, or things don't work/load properly.

edit: To be exact, it seems like i only have to delete the build folder. (need to test it again)
    That's quite strange. What's in your "documents" directory (should be something like c:\Users\Koruyo\Documents\FuturePerfect)? Is there anything interesting in the log file? You can get more detailed logging by adding -log_verbose 1 on the command line.