Never Thought Much About Diving Until Now.

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

There is one thing about this game, no matter where it might go at least it has me reading more about diving. I never gave it much thought but since I started playing this game I've been reading quite a bit about it, and it is such a fascinating way of life. The technology alone is incredible not to mention the wildlife.

Thanks, at least you have me looking into something I never gave much thought too.

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Nice! It's cool to hear that our game has inspired you to look into diving. Just remember, if you decide to go real world diving, it's not like a video game. For example, you only get one life. But on the plus side, there aren't any exploding fish. At least that have been discovered yet...
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Nice! It's cool to hear that our game has inspired you to look into diving. Just remember, if you decide to go real world diving, it's not like a video game. For example, you only get one life. But on the plus side, there aren't any exploding fish. At least that have been discovered yet...

LOL, that is for sure. :)

• KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    But on the plus side, there aren't any exploding fish. At least that have been discovered yet...

Wrong!

(warning: gory content)

Ok, technically not a fish, but it still counts...:)
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Awesome!

We have a couple scuba divers on the team and I have to say that it's one of the most wonderful and amazing experiences of my life. I can't recommend it highly enough.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Even just snorkeling is amazing. I've never been a great swimmer, and always felt a little scared of water, but snorkeling totally cured me of that. Being able to float at my natural depth and still breath freely is just so liberating.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited November 2014
    Flayra wrote: »
    Awesome!

We have a couple scuba divers on the team and I have to say that it's one of the most wonderful and amazing experiences of my life. I can't recommend it highly enough.

No Doubt, it's quite a life style.

I had a friend who asked me to go twenty or so years ago but being the type that enjoys breathing fresh air, and half scared of seeing a moray eel.

I don't know, after going to the theater to watch "The Deep" I just didn't want something biting on my head. You would think after Jaws I would be freaked out but it was the Moray eel that did it.... It scared me poopless.

This is about the only game at the moment that allows me to stay safe, and have a ball exploring, and try to poke anything that moves.

Thanks Guys!